Options

Is Backspacer PJ's Final Album?

2»

Comments

• Options
    i see PJ as being one of those long lasting bands that keep playing till someone who is a main contributor dies...like the who, they were around until keith moon died, but he wasn't a main contributor, then in 2001 they came back to play for 9/11 heroes at MSG, then John Entwhistle died, but he still wasn't a main contributor, both of them were replaced by younger "kids", but as soon as Pete Townshend or Roger Daughtry pass, the who will be no more...:(

the same will be for PJ...if anything unfortunate like Mike, Jeff, or Matt passing away, the band might still last, but if Ed or Stone dies, they are pretty much the driving forces of this band, and then they will end...thats how i predict it happening...fortunately all are healthy enough to not pose a risk of passing away anytime soon (all of them are pretty smart and grown up with kids and aren't all that into the whole Sex, Drugs, and Rock n' Roll...ok maybe the last part, but they aren't living the party life syle, at least not anymore)...if only ed would stop smoking...that's pretty much the greatest risk of this band ending shorter than expected

I'm not sure I agree with the notion that Ed and Stone are the only main contributors. Sure, Ed receives writing credits on most of the songs these days. But seeing the way the band interacts with each other and the way they speak of one another, I doubt that Ed and Stone would consider Mike or Jeff indispensable in any way. I'm not saying that is exactly what you were trying to convey, but I do doubt if the band would continue under the current name if something happened to Ed, Stone, Mike or Jeff. I'm not excluding Matt because I find him to be any less of a contributor, in fact I think he contributes more in terms of songwriting than any of the other drummers. However the other four guys are the core of the band and have been there since day one. I see them having a hard time going on if something happened to any one of them.

Who knows, however I don't find Backspacer or The End to be any sort of foreshadowing. The boys will be around making music as Pearl Jam for many years to come.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    YES