Vinyl release?

jessejamietigjessejamietig Posts: 9
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I got the vinyl release of the new album. I'm now hearing about concert downloads that come with the record, but is that only for the CD?

Sorry if this was covered already, but I couldn't find anything.
It's just me!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yes, no Vinyls and thats a shame.

VIVA LA VINYL
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Us vinyl should get an exclusive email allowing us to download our choice of bootleg, bit of a major oversight on 10C's part.

Why should the consumers of bad Acid get better than us loyal vinyl purchasers, it's a well known fact that CD as a format is dying well vinyl continues to gather momentum and gain more people turning to this purer format.

The fact we don't get a chance to join in on this offer is something that must be addressed.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    I kinda hoped that thet vinyl release of Backspacer, included a code to download the mp3's of the record online! Lasted dozen or so records I bought all included mp3 downloads with the purchase of the Vinyl. :|
  • demetrios wrote:
    I kinda hoped that thet vinyl release of Backspacer, included a code to download the mp3's of the record online! Lasted dozen or so records I bought all included mp3 downloads with the purchase of the Vinyl. :|
    i find it depends on the record label.
  • All of the shows have been released in their entirety in the past. (Official bootlegs).
    These new downloads are also missing the cover versions the band did at these shows.
    In short, you're not missing anything.
    These shows can be obtained elsewhere, and complete.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • It is a little strange. Most of the new vinyl I've bought in the last few years has included the release as a downloadable mp3. That's actually the most confusing part to me.

Thanks for all your replies.
    It's just me!
  • I have an interesting fact to add to this. I just got the new Alice In Chains record on vinyl, and it had just opened it. It felt like there was something rattling around in there. It was a CD of the entire record. They bypassed the mp3 step altogether. This is something that Pearl Jam could have done? Maybe it was because they put it out on their own instead of through Virgin like AIC did?
    It's just me!
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    Warner Bros. includes a cd in it's vinyl releases.
    Universal typically add a mp3 code to thier vinyl.
  • I would have been just fine with a mp3 code for the new PJ album. Especially with a band that says it wants to keep vinyl alive.
    It's just me!
  • I don't understand why the back catalog has not been released? They could sell so many copies. This should be done. Much like how Wilco just re-released their back inventory again....?

Is this being held up for some reason? Are they releasing the rest of the catalog much like they did with the Ten re-release?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • vinyl re-releases will problably happen as they re-release the albums on cd.