Pearl Jam to re-release the "riot act" album in 2010

fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
edited May 2010 in The Porch
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Seattle, WA - February 3, 2009 - In celebration of the 11th anniversary of the release of what most sane people consider to be Pearl Jam's best album, YIELD, the band wishes to rectify it's lone horrid blemish in what has been an otherwise stellar discography.

In 2010, Pearl Jam will re-release the much-maligned album riot act in a "far superior form," say sources close to the band. Guitarist Stone Gossard said, "Although the band liked the album at the time, we realize now that it just flat out sucks. For anyone who actually wasted 3 minutes of their life to listen to Get Right and its horrid chorus - we are so sorry. We owe you something."

But, how will they improve the album if it's so horrible? Lead vocalist Ed Vedder explained, "Ummmm, well, there's a saying that I'm fond of - 'You can't shine shit - you just have to clean it up.' Um, that applies here. There's no way to improve songs like Get Right or Ghost. The album has Help, Help on it - I don't know what that was about. I mean, how in the hell do you fix that? Those songs make Sweet Lew sound like Stairway to Heaven, and we're just now realizing it. Umm."

Vedder continued, "Therefore, we are re-releasing the album as a blank CD with no music on it at all. People can put on the re-release of the 7th album, and just enjoy the silence and the artwork (which is still pretty cool). For the first 50 copies purchased, Stone will do your taxes. It was his fault anyway."

Ten Club
Seattle, WA
http://www.pearljam.com
Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    I gotta admit, thats pretty fuckin funny.
  • God, you're a jackass.

:D:D:D
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    Sup Fanch!
    :twisted:
  • fanch75 wrote:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Seattle, WA - February 3, 2009 - In celebration of the 11th anniversary of the release of what most sane people consider to be Pearl Jam's best album, YIELD, the band wishes to rectify it's lone horrid blemish in what has been an otherwise stellar discography.

In 2010, Pearl Jam will re-release the much-maligned album riot act in a "far superior form," say sources close to the band. Guitarist Stone Gossard said, "Although the band liked the album at the time, we realize now that it just flat out sucks. For anyone who actually wasted 3 minutes of their life to listen to Get Right and its horrid chorus - we are so sorry. We owe you something."

But, how will they improve the album if it's so horrible? Lead vocalist Ed Vedder explained, "Ummmm, well, there's a saying that I'm fond of - 'You can't shine shit - you just have to clean it up.' Um, that applies here. There's no way to improve songs like Get Right or Ghost. The album has Help, Help on it - I don't know what that was about. I mean, how in the hell do you fix that? Those songs make Sweet Lew sound like Stairway to Heaven, and we're just now realizing it. Umm."

Vedder continued, "Therefore, we are re-releasing the album as a blank CD with no music on it at all. People can put on the re-release of the 7th album, and just enjoy the silence and the artwork (which is still pretty cool). For the first 50 copies purchased, Stone will do your taxes. It was his fault anyway."

Ten Club
    Seattle, WA
    http://www.pearljam.com

Dude, these posts you make about re-issuing Riot Act are so fucking lame. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time you put out a Riot Act "press release"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Dude, these posts you make about re-issuing Riot Act are so fucking lame. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time you put out a Riot Act "press release"

Just smile and nod. It's all good.
  • Hey, this thread is not an original. Somebody, if not the same person, already posted something like this before.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    popcorn.gif
  • Dude, these posts you make about re-issuing Riot Act are so fucking lame. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time you put out a Riot Act "press release"

No, if I think it's not funny, I'm gonna say it's not funny. Just like I have with Family Guy and Wedding Crashers in the past.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734

Dude, these posts you make about re-issuing Riot Act are so fucking lame. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time you put out a Riot Act "press release"

Actually it's the second one. But if your hyperbole about a 3rd or 4th makes you feel rad, then rock on dude.

Texas Tech game is rocking!

• No, if I think it's not funny, I'm gonna say it's not funny. Just like I have with Family Guy and Wedding Crashers in the past.

That's cool. Sometimes, however, with crazy people ... it's best just to nod and smile.
  • fanch75 wrote:

Actually it's the second one. But if your hyperbole about a 3rd or 4th makes you feel rad, then rock on dude.

Yeah I sure feel real rad for mistakenly thinking this is the 3rd or 4th time you've posted this rather than just the 2nd.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Sup Fanch!

Sup bro! I'm married, have a baby....life has changed! He's finally asleep now....we're doing the "sleep training" thing to get him to sleep through the night. Could be a long night.

Just for ledbetterman, I'll post the OP a 3rd & 4th time around 2 and 4 am when the kid assuredly wakes up again. :)

Sup all...I miss this place. :D
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    force-10 wrote:
    Hey, this thread is not an original. Somebody, if not the same person, already posted something like this before.

yes, weird feeling of déja vu.....
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    cookie2.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fanch75 wrote:
    Sup Fanch!

Sup bro! I'm married, have a baby....life has changed! He's finally asleep now....we're doing the "sleep training" thing to get him to sleep through the night. Could be a long night.

Just for ledbetterman, I'll post the OP a 3rd & 4th time around 2 and 4 am when the kid assuredly wakes up again. :)

Always a pleasure to see you...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    Congrats dude!!!
    kick ass news!
  • fanch75 wrote:
    Sup Fanch!

Just tell the kid to drink some Natty Light.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Sup Fanch!

Just tell the kid to drink some Natty Light.

Not until he's 35! :)
  • at least change the date fanch
    I miss you hippiemom.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Sup Fanch!

Always a pleasure to see you...........

Dude! What do you think of the new album? I like it. It's not rad (like re-posting this thread), but I dig it. Amongst the Waves is a hit with me. To stay on-topic, I believe re-releasing riot act as a blank cd is quite an upgrade, wouldn't you agree?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    a well played parody would have included a refrence to the fixer fixing it.

just sayin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    a well played parody would have included a refrence to the fixer fixing it.

just sayin

That was your 666th post! Very metal.

Tell you what. Someday, I'll do a drunken review of the new album. How about you work with me on that?
  • fanch75 wrote:

"hyperbole"? what are you? some kinda dude that backpacks europe in search of sushi? dude, find something else to obsess about.
  • Very laaaaaamme.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    :mrgreen:

I was about to say... bones will break if anyone touches "help help" :twisted:
  • riot act doesn't need re-released.......it is perfect just as it is.
  • chicagobasbachicagobasba Posts: 76
    edited September 2009
    Posting replies doesn't make you more of a fan of a band than others. Whether it be pj or any another band. You are a complete douche if you think riot act should be blank. I wish they "can't keep" you here, but I think they can "save you", cause "you are" still posting. Call me "the fixer" lol
    Post edited by chicagobasba on
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    fanch75 wrote:
    For the first 50 copies purchased, Stone will do your taxes. It was his fault anyway."

This makes it and I could see Stone as someone who would do like his friends taxes as punishment for that gutter ball or something
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • SM10080SM10080 Posts: 239

No, if I think it's not funny, I'm gonna say it's not funny. Just like I have with Family Guy and Wedding Crashers in the past.

Whoooooooooaaaaaa! You don't think Family Guy OR Wedding Crashers are funny? Go sell crazy someplace else.
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,988
    Funny.

Although I would have thought you would suggest that they re-release Riot Act with the following tracklist:

* Brain Of J.
    * Faithfull
    * No Way
    * Given To Fly
    * Wishlist
    * Pilate
    * Do The Evolution
    * Untitled
    * MFC
    * Low Light
    * In Hiding
    * Push Me, Pull Me