Options

Acoustic set in Mansfield?

LastExitBJPLastExitBJP Posts: 79
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Anyone else think PJ will give us a nice acoustic set at the Tweeter this year? I'm hoping for one. I was lucky enough to be at the second Boston show in '06, but I haven't seen PJ do a large acoustic set. Let's hope! Also, does anyone know how good the sound is at the Tweeter? It sounds great on the 03 boot, but recordings are always different.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Anyone else think PJ will give us a nice acoustic set at the Tweeter this year? I'm hoping for one. I was lucky enough to be at the second Boston show in '06, but I haven't seen PJ do a large acoustic set. Let's hope! Also, does anyone know how good the sound is at the Tweeter? It sounds great on the 03 boot, but recordings are always different.

ahh man that would be amazing. i really hope i get decent seats to that show with a 10c number of fuckin 405xxx. also, do you all think it'll be really hard to score 10c tix for this like its going to be for msg?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743

ahh, don't tempt me!! Mansfield is the only show (other than Bonnaroo) that I could possibly go to. I really, REALLY shouldn't spend the money to fly up there, etc but just the possibility of an acoustic set makes me want to run up the credit card!
  • Options
    That'd be awesome. I'm hoping to make the trip to Mansfield (*crosses fingers for tickets*), and an acoustic set would be icing on the cake.

ahh man that would be amazing. i really hope i get decent seats to that show with a 10c number of fuckin 405xxx. also, do you all think it'll be really hard to score 10c tix for this like its going to be for msg?
    I've heard that as long as you're not on the lawn, you'll end up with a good seat at the Tweeter Centre. So, you should end up with a good seat even with a low 10C number. I don't know if it will be difficult to score 10C ticks or not, but there seems to be a lot of discussion saying it will be. I hope not.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    I wouldn't go to this show expecting another 2003 repeat, i.e an hour acoustic set and all different songs, I think that was a one off for a while at least. Maybe this time around they'll do a similar thing in another city, they don't want everyone to come to Boston shows expecting marathon shows with special acoustic sets, they wanna spread it around a bit. No doubt they'll be some good shows though.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    of the 3 show's in '03, my 10c seats were the worst of the 3 nights. #178xxx, i was about 5 rows from the lawn on the first night.

hopefully it's better for those of you going in june.
  • Options
    the only reason they did that in 03 was because they wanted to play every song that had been played on the tour. the only way they were able to pull that off was to do an hour-long set before sk.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    of the 3 show's in '03, my 10c seats were the worst of the 3 nights. #178xxx, i was about 5 rows from the lawn on the first night.

hopefully it's better for those of you going in june.

damnnnn! where do you think i'll end up with 405xxx!?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    I have gotten 10 club tickets b4 to a boston show and the seats weren't that great. I always end up going on ebay to score some great seats. I CANT WAIT UNTILL JUNE!!!
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Mansfield I, II & III (The Experiment) 2003
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008