Options

Eddie solo front row tickets

coach4tlcoach4tl Posts: 143
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Just a heads up for 10c members. If by chance you see the people swapping out your tickets for the front row ones DO NOT mention you are members. I was talking to one of the guys who was giving them out and as soon as I mentioned 10c he shut me down. Said that these tickets were supposed to be for people who didn't have an opportunity to get the seats that we do. I call BS! Why reward those that aren't as dedicated? So just wanted to make sure no one makes the mistake I did if the opportunity presents itself to get up front...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    Not as dedicated? I got shut out of 10C and TM tix and had to settle for ebay...payed a shitload and now I'm 3 rows from the back at Spreckles. Don't tell me I'm not as dedicated...just not as lucky.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    coach4tl wrote:
    Just a heads up for 10c members. If by chance you see the people swapping out your tickets for the front row ones DO NOT mention you are members. I was talking to one of the guys who was giving them out and as soon as I mentioned 10c he shut me down. Said that these tickets were supposed to be for people who didn't have an opportunity to get the seats that we do. I call BS! Why reward those that aren't as dedicated? So just wanted to make sure no one makes the mistake I did if the opportunity presents itself to get up front...
    well, not that I was originally planning on going.. but even if I had, I wasn't ALLOWED to buy 10c tickets :(

but right now, I don't care to be upfront (wow, those words are actually coming out of my mouth!!), I just want to be IN! :o
  • Options
    Uncle Neil wrote:
    Not as dedicated? I got shut out of 10C and TM tix and had to settle for ebay...payed a shitload and now I'm 3 rows from the back at Spreckles. Don't tell me I'm not as dedicated...just not as lucky.

Ok poor choice of words on my part. Bottom line was I thought it was bunk that the guy wouldn't let fan club members get 1st row. That was the dedication part I was alluding to. No disrespect meant to those coming from all corners of the globe to see these shows. I was simply trying to make a public service announcement to HELP you people.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    what do you mean? when you walk up to the window to pick up your tickets, they just swap your tickets for front row if they feel like it? thats bullshit! thats not random at all!

so I should expect to be punished for having a 128xxx number because the person at the window doesnt feel like I deserve it?
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    I'm a little confused, aren't the switching for front row tickets only FOR 10C members? Or is this something different for the Eddie shows?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    lowlight10 wrote:
    what do you mean? when you walk up to the window to pick up your tickets, they just swap your tickets for front row if they feel like it? thats bullshit! thats not random at all!

so I should expect to be punished for having a 128xxx number because the person at the window doesnt feel like I deserve it?
    no, from what I understand it happens inside...
  • Options
    yeah, it happens inside. Some random guys are walking around just swapping out your tickets for 1st row ones.
  • Options
    coach4tl wrote:
    yeah, it happens inside. Some random guys are walking around just swapping out your tickets for 1st row ones.

so

(a) how would they hear you say you are a member? and

(b) who else would the front row tickets go to? arent they for 10C members?
    -

• Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Thanks so much for the heads up!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    that's interesting... i didn't know they were doing the ticket swapping. thanks for the info!
  • Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    coach4tl wrote:
    Ok poor choice of words on my part. Bottom line was I thought it was bunk that the guy wouldn't let fan club members get 1st row. That was the dedication part I was alluding to. No disrespect meant to those coming from all corners of the globe to see these shows. I was simply trying to make a public service announcement to HELP you people.

No problem, and I do appreciate the words of advice, it would be great to get upgraded in San Diego, and I will definitely be on the lookout for these mystery ticket upgraders. I didn't mean to sound harsh, I just wanted to make sure you understood that not all of us got 10C tickets.
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    so

(a) how would they hear you say you are a member? and

(b) who else would the front row tickets go to? arent they for 10C members?

A. I made the mistake of mentioning it to the guy
    B. You would think they would have been left for 10c members but it would appear that's not the case. From what I can gather they were never sold to the public in any form.
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    DEDICATED??????
    so you pay money to get access to tickets... how is that dedicated
    dedicated is sleeping on the street for tickets. not sitting on the computer waiting for them to come up
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    DEDICATED??????
    dedicated is sleeping on the street for tickets. not sitting on the computer waiting for them to come up

Ahh... the good old days!
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    this is otherwise know as a ticket upgrade

radio stations, DJS, publicists, and even VIDEO directors might have these

if its being filmed, they may want to PLACE certain types in the front row.

perhaps just PJ extras for that night
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 684
    In Vancouver I was standing outside in line waiting to get in. Had my fan club envelope in my hand. That guy with the laminate pulled me aside and asked how my seats were. I said not bad, about 18th row. He asked my fan club # then said "Would you like to sit front row?". Um YA!!!!!!
    Very cool and unexpected!!!!!! What a night that was!! He did ask me not to say anything. I figured he didn't want to be bombarded with people asking. But wow...that was a great surprise to say the least.
  • Options
    halv, that is cool for you, but I hope the process for the full band tour is much more random than that. i dont think the people with the tickets in their hands should have the power to decide who gets front row. its just too open to corruption.

i'd prefer that the people handling the tickets at the window dont even know what is in each envelope, and the first few rows be distributed before then.
    -

• Options
    I wouldn't say we aren't as dedicated. Some people, including myself, can't afford to be in the ten club and buy tickets to shows...
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 684
    lowlight10 wrote:
    halv, that is cool for you, but I hope the process for the full band tour is much more random than that. i dont think the people with the tickets in their hands should have the power to decide who gets front row. its just too open to corruption.

i'd prefer that the people handling the tickets at the window dont even know what is in each envelope, and the first few rows be distributed before then.

I agree with you for sure. This was an amazing suprise and made the show even better, but I think the way you mentioned would be alot more fair...and exciting for everyone.
    I know for the last U2 show they had that random lottery for everyone with floor tickets as you entered the venue. As you walked through it signalled whether you got into the elipse or not. I didn't get in, but it was kind of fun hoping. Like a game show.
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    Ahh... the good old days!
    not so old days
    on the 06 australian leg I slept rough 2 nights 1 for sydney 1 and again for Newcastle. great floor seats for me and friends.
    Im sure there are really dedicated 10 club members- real hardcore fans but being a member of 10 club dosnt make you hardcore- its more than that.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    beezbeez Posts: 22
    I saw it happen twice tonight 4/8/08 and it happened to two people I was with on Monday night. I don't know who the guy was. but he had a EV laminate pass and was standing by the stairway and within about 3 minutes he approached two different couples and offered them front row seats. I couldn't fuckin' believe it because my girlfriend and I were standing about 10 feet away and he didn't even glance at us.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    DEDICATED??????
    Well, I could sleep out in the backyard and hit refresh madly as I'm wont to do at like 4am Aussie time, but I prefer to be indoors and warm and under the doona when I do that :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    I wouldn't say we aren't as dedicated. Some people, including myself, can't afford to be in the ten club and buy tickets to shows...

how can you not afford $20.00?? i am far from rich myself but $20. ain't shit nowadays,fuck you can't even get a decent pizza and a six pack for $20. anymore.

if i was from Philly I'd hook you up and take you to a show,no PJ fan should ever be denied the live experience!
  • Options
    beezbeez Posts: 22
    Does anybody know who this guy was who was giving away the tickets? He definitely works with Eddie's tour, not the venue.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    coach4tl wrote:
    I don't see a problem. Give some random person a chance.
    The Ten/VHC is not an exclusive club... I have no problem with them including people outside the club.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    man I really want to go to one of these shows now what the fuck I should have planned to try and make the trip.......especially after last night with MIke being wheeled out on a flat cart...........thats just wild
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    A friend of mine and his wife who are both 10c members got to exchange their tickets for front row. they had great seats to start with...this took place right outside the venue in Vancouver
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    eh who knows what the deal was, and at this point doesn't matter to me. My fault for mentioning the 10c to the guy in the first place. That was just my experience and I'm happy to see it worked out well for some of you!
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    lowlight10 wrote:

I think they will have to assign all the seats in advance in order to do it by seniority. That means that seats in rows 1/2 and 9/10 will also have to be pre-assigned.
  • Options
    manhattan wrote:
    I think they will have to assign all the seats in advance in order to do it by seniority. That means that seats in rows 1/2 and 9/10 will also have to be pre-assigned.

good point, but it would be nice if 10C wasnt such a clusterfuck these days...doing whatever they feel like on a whim.
    -