10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    It's kinda mad how much thought, money and effort some women have to put into getting pregnant, when for most the main consideration is just deciding the most convenient time to have a child
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2019
    My knee. Ow!!! There is a pipe leaking in the wall or under the floor in the hallway downstairs in my building, creating a big puddle in the carpet. I slipped on it and went down HARD, and my knee is really hurt - hope it's not as bad as it feels right now!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    PJ_Soul said:
    My knee. Ow!!! There is a pipe leaking in the wall or under the floor in the hallway downstairs in my building, creating a big puddle in the carpet. I slipped on it and went down HARD, and my knee is really hurt - hope it's not as bad as it feels right now!

That sucks!

I recently had a similar hope - I hoped my injured ankle was just badly sprained. Nope. It was broken. Heading in to my third week in the cast and on crutches now. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ice, ice, ice!
  • Options
    The X-Files has gone utterly off the rails in season 11, it's mental! Loving the blatant slagging of Trump though, few have gone there so openly
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    PJ_Soul said:

That sucks!

I recently had a similar hope - I hoped my injured ankle was just badly sprained. Nope. It was broken. Heading in to my third week in the cast and on crutches now. 

Sorry to hear that.  I hope you both heal quickly.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    My brother, Jimmy, died 13 years ago today. 

No matter how much time goes by,  I am still brought back to the police coming to my home and the surreal events that followed. 

Telling my mother was probably the most excruciating thing I have ever done. At least my sister was still alive and we could go through it together. 

I wonder why they were taken so young, I never thought I'd go from the middle child to an only child. I always thought I'd have my siblings through this period of my life and I am jealous of people who have their siblings. 

Love you, BroJ
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJ_Soul said:

That sucks!

Oh no!! That sucks, I'm sorry to hear. It's terrible to lose mobility, even temporarily. I'm definitely not that bad. Just bruising and pain.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I live a life surrounded by books. It is what I talk about. They introduce me to cultures, epics and relationships. It is a good life.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    njnancy said:

No matter how much time goes by,  I am still brought back to the police coming to my home and the surreal events that followed. 

Telling my mother was probably the most excruciating thing I have ever done. At least my sister was still alive and we could go through it together. 

I wonder why they were taken so young, I never thought I'd go from the middle child to an only child. I always thought I'd have my siblings through this period of my life and I am jealous of people who have their siblings. 

Love you, BroJ
    Some experiences never leave us, for better or worse.

I'm sure the pain was especially tough yesterday; hopefully today is a bit better :hug:
  • Options
    njnancy said:

Love you, BroJ
    I'm sorry to hear that, njnancy. That's really sad.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    It's an art to live with pain...
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    Wise words..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    I agree. Our lives are split by creating our lives catering to it, and creating lives that deny it.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Thank you @hedonist & @Ms. Haiku  - I miss my  brother, and my sister's death i(September) is at times unbearable. 

But you learn to live with pain - everyone has their own tragedies. We all carry our own lifetime of darkness and light. 

I love a quote from the Big Book about acceptance and when I am in tune with it, it makes so much sense...

"And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation - some fact of my life - unacceptable to me. 

And I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed  to be at this moment. 

Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. 

Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober.  Unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. 

I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed  in me and my attitudes.." 
    pg. 449

Take away the God element if you wish and take away the alcoholism if it does not apply. The rest of the quote is so accurate, yet sometimes so hard to actually accept - and acceptance is the answer

Forgiveness is something I am not ready to touch. But I am trying to accept and then incorporate the bumps in life - be they large or small - into the person that I am. I am not the same person as I was before many things happened. But I can strive to be the best person - the version of me that I have become. 

And when I am not such a good version, I need to be kind to myself until I pull myself up again. Just like everyone else does. 

Peace and love :peace:

Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    Acceptance is my problem.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BRMC in my town on June!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    I think i decide about my summer holidays..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    The good old days
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    My grandpa who passed away 2 weeks ago tomorrow
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I'm sorry. Hope you are doing as best as possible. 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    (((Hugs)))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Red chickens..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    The fashion industry (shows, models, the clothes themselves) is a huge narcissistic clusterfuck.

And perfume commercials are downright stupid.

• Options
    Valentine's Day is the worst holiday ever invented. 

It causes more disappointment than happiness and is just plain stupid. 

But not as stupid as Natalie Portman running around asking what I'd do for love @hedonist. :lol:
  • Options
    Ha!  And some of them inexplicably whisper their lines.

My husband and I don't do the Valentine's thing anymore; we tend to get something here or there when we see an item fitting for the other (or shit we can share).  Random and unexpected niceties can be...nice :)
  • Options
    chicken run oaka
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.