what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    This fkn essay I am struggling to get happening.
    What's it about?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    PJ_Soul said:
    What's it about?

Description: Extending from assignment 2, write a 1200 word paper that briefly critiques a global issue where shared responsibility for the common good is not being realised (approx. 300 words) and then, propose ways to address this challenge (approx. 900 words). (NB: Emphasis is on your proposed ways to address the challenge because some of the critique will have been covered in assignment 2.) Demonstrate a good understanding, especially of principles of CST including the Common Good and human dignity, and explain how advocacy and community engagement contribute to your solution. 

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    PJ_Soul said:
    What's it about?

Description: Extending from assignment 2, write a 1200 word paper that briefly critiques a global issue where shared responsibility for the common good is not being realised (approx. 300 words) and then, propose ways to address this challenge (approx. 900 words). (NB: Emphasis is on your proposed ways to address the challenge because some of the critique will have been covered in assignment 2.) Demonstrate a good understanding, especially of principles of CST including the Common Good and human dignity, and explain how advocacy and community engagement contribute to your solution. 

Can it be about all the plasics in the oceans?
    Annafalk said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    What's it about?

It can be about anything. I chose asylum seekers being held in detention.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Annafalk said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    What's it about?

I hope you also will have some fun doing this work, even if it’s a heavy subject. I think sitting in a library working on things like this is very inspiring.
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    What's it about?

I hope you also will have some fun doing this work, even if it’s a heavy subject. I think sitting in a library working on things like this is very inspiring.
    I am not having fun. Struggling to type this. Got disjointed little paragraphs. I can't wait to finish this. It's not due until the end of January but I just want it out of the way so I can start to enjoy my summer break. Thanks!
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    What's it about?

I am not having fun. Struggling to type this. Got disjointed little paragraphs. I can't wait to finish this. It's not due until the end of January but I just want it out of the way so I can start to enjoy my summer break. Thanks!
    I understand it’s hard work, but at least it will be fun when it’s over then. :) 
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    edited December 2017
    Malroth said:
    I just realized they aren't making steves anymore.
    Well, certainly dropping in popularity but I wouldn't say they're not making any.....

http://www.babynameshub.com/boy-names/Steven.html
    Thanks for the research,
    Steve's are alive!!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    What's it about?

I understand it’s hard work, but at least it will be fun when it’s over then. :) 
    My first proposal is pretty much finished thanks to finding two good references. Now to the second solution. And to keep under the word limit. I always struggle with being concise haha.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Dreams are made... dreams are made... dreams are made to fall apart.
    Dreams are made... dreams are made to fall apart.
    But sometimes, sometimes, they come true...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    edited December 2017
    Greek fat state workers... We should stop paying them altogether... Useless little fascists (especially the ones wearing uniforms)... angry
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    My mother
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    bluegrace said:
    My mother
    Wishing her a speedy recovery.
    ELITIST FUK
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    SD48277 said:
    bluegrace said:
    My mother
    Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Thank you! Apparantly the surgery went well, we are all so relieved.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Finally got up the courage to call a counselling service yesterday and have set up some sessions with a counsellor. Felt a bit weird to finally say things out loud to another human being, rather than just to myself inside my head. Really glad I did though and am hopeful they can help me
  • Finally got up the courage to call a counselling service yesterday and have set up some sessions with a counsellor. Felt a bit weird to finally say things out loud to another human being, rather than just to myself inside my head. Really glad I did though and am hopeful they can help me
    That is a brave and essential move. Well done. Hope and love to you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Finally got up the courage to call a counselling service yesterday and have set up some sessions with a counsellor. Felt a bit weird to finally say things out loud to another human being, rather than just to myself inside my head. Really glad I did though and am hopeful they can help me
    I wish you all the best.
    Often the first step is the hardest.
    It was for me.
    After that it's easier.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sometimes that in itself (literally verbalizing your thoughts) brings clarity...plus it can be enlightening, even comforting, to get an unbiased and trusted perspective.  Good luck to you, Jenny :)
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Once inside I'm out of my mind
    edited December 2017
    Shyner said:
    Once inside I'm out of my mind
    Not sure which I like more - being inside or outside of my mind.  Both serve their purposes.

Loving new Thom York*edited for the motherfucking "e" :angry: (man-bun and all!), very cool and chill music on this lit evening.  His voice and vibe suit me right now.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Thought I'd share a favorite of mine

Mix - Radiohead - All I Need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LlfGrP4n6E&list=RD-LlfGrP4n6E
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    hedonist said:
    Sometimes that in itself (literally verbalizing your thoughts) brings clarity...plus it can be enlightening, even comforting, to get an unbiased and trusted perspective.  Good luck to you, Jenny :)
    Bah Humbug!
  • Bah Humbug!
    Watchin that movie tonight  =)
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Bah Humbug!
    I watched it last night (Christmas Eve here). I love it. The ghosts are trippy AF, especially Christmas Past. My friend recommended it to me so I bought it. I've read the book beforehand.
  • Bah Humbug!
    I watched it last night (Christmas Eve here). I love it. The ghosts are trippy AF, especially Christmas Past. My friend recommended it to me so I bought it. I've read the book beforehand.
    Yea it's a classic! Which version of the film did you watch? The remake, "Scrooge" from 1970 with Albert Finney is really good.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Bah Humbug!
    Yea it's a classic! Which version of the film did you watch? The remake, "Scrooge" from 1970 with Albert Finney is really good.
    The 2009 version with Jim Carey. Only version I have seen.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    So since it is already Christmas Day for you, Merry Christmas TA, and everybody else on that side of midnight! 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    So since it is already Christmas Day for you, Merry Christmas TA, and everybody else on that side of midnight! 
    Thank you. Merry Christmas to you too.
    I adore George Bailey.

And Donna Reed :heart: