what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pandora wrote:
    aahhh dog farts....good times :mrgreen: my dog always gets up and leaves the room when he does it..and i get the blame :?
    when the Lucinator does it we all have to leave the room, including the other dogs!!

hahaha~ I bet he/she doesn't even have fleas any more! :lol::mrgreen:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    For some reason I can't understand the words to Of the Earth in any of the versions I've heard. What is he singing?! :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • The heavens are smiling upon us that ghost-white, shit-eating grin.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    justam wrote:
    For some reason I can't understand the words to Of the Earth in any of the versions I've heard. What is he singing?! :geek:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=136216#p3081235

8-):)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    my tremendously painfull toothache
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Someone's going to have some great couple of weeks..... yippie !!!!!!! :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Friday.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Damn you Dr.!! I wish I would have known you were there!!!! Augh.

Another fanfuckingtastic long weekend on the horizon!!! Sangria anyone?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Sangria, yes, why you shrink so?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    what the hell the future holds seems I didn't get my job...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dottles wrote:
    what the hell the future holds seems I didn't get my job...
    :(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    this:

google halfway jane
    find their myspace page
    go to videos
    upper lefthand side

they are playing in a pub
    and along comes EV
    4 songs
    the sound quality sux but its worth it
    breath
    rockin in the free world
    breath (and a scream)
    hide your love away

DONT post the link
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    How I'm gonna bust a can of whoop-ass the size of fucking Jupiter at a meeting this afternoon. My mom was in a nursing home for a few months earlier this year, and we had to take her out because a resident tried to sexually assault her. Filed a complaint, they told me it was founded. Now they say it's not, so this meeting will be my official grievance.

READY. TO. KICK. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH ASS. Like a lot lol
    How I'm gonna bust a can of whoop-ass the size of fucking Jupiter at a meeting this afternoon. My mom was in a nursing home for a few months earlier this year, and we had to take her out because a resident tried to sexually assault her. Filed a complaint, they told me it was founded. Now they say it's not, so this meeting will be my official grievance.

wow that's a heavy one

take care of it any way you have to

good luck
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:

wow that's a heavy one

good luck
    Thanks. Yeah it's probably an exercise in futility and when I got the letter in the mail last month telling me it was unfounded, contradicting what they told me months before, I had a moment of "should I spend the time and energy to fight this?". Made that decision in about 3 seconds.

Fighting for a lost cause....yeah, no problem with that, really :lol:

It's more just to get it on file, I want it on record that this is BULLSHIT. And both me AND my sister are in the mood for a fight today so god help them lol
    StillHere wrote:

wow that's a heavy one

good luck
    Thanks. Yeah it's probably an exercise in futility and when I got the letter in the mail last month telling me it was unfounded, contradicting what they told me months before, I had a moment of "should I spend the time and energy to fight this?". Made that decision in about 3 seconds.

Fighting for a lost cause....yeah, no problem with that, really :lol:

It's more just to get it on file, I want it on record that this is BULLSHIT. And both me AND my sister are in the mood for a fight today so god help them lol

of course it's now unfounded
    since they've consulted with their lawyers
    and their insurance companies

NOW its unfounded
    and the person who told you it was founded
    now has to FOUNDED a new job....well, probably
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:

NOW its unfounded
    That's the beauty of it all. It's not the nursing home disputing it. It's the STATE OFFICE disputing it. The office charged with the welfare and well-being of nursing home residents. The people who are supposed to look out for them!!

THAT is what pisses me off. And the same woman who told me it was founded, is the SAME one who is telling me it's unfounded now!

It's like bitch, were you lying to me then, or are you lying to me now? And she was all "you're a good citizen" patting me on the head for pursuing this in the first place. So I've been lied to, and had some serious condescension?

Oh hell no.

Yeah sorry, I'm a little fired up lol
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    That's the beauty of it all. It's not the nursing home disputing it. It's the STATE OFFICE disputing it. The office charged with the welfare and well-being of nursing home residents. The people who are supposed to look out for them!!

THAT is what pisses me off. And the same woman who told me it was founded, is the SAME one who is telling me it's unfounded now!

It's like bitch, were you lying to me then, or are you lying to me now? And she was all "you're a good citizen" patting me on the head for pursuing this in the first place. So I've been lied to, and had some serious condescension?

Oh hell no.

Chiqui, I guess it might be different from state to state, but where I work, we have a legal obligation to protect one resident from another and would conduct a thorough investigation that could include kicking the perp out of the home. Fight, fight, fight!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    eyedclaar wrote:

Oh hell no.

Chiqui, I guess it might be different from state to state, but where I work, we have a legal obligation to protect one resident from another and would conduct a thorough investigation that could include kicking the perp out of the home. Fight, fight, fight!

gonna be a lot of stabbing in oak-town today ;)
    norm wrote:

Isn't that every day? I mean, Chiqui does live there...

eyedclaar wrote:
    Yeah we met with the nursing home folks the Monday after the incident, and they were total bullshit. They promised to give us a copy of their investigation (which they never did after repeated requests) and they had said they would take action to protect the other residents. If the state office who conducted their own investigation deems there is no action that needs to be taken, then yeah, nothing has probably changed. I even complained to the omsbudman that is responsible for that region, so technically I filed 3 complaints.

It's just the principle of it, ya know? This guy is suffering from dementia so it's not like he's some lucid criminal, but all the more reason to protect him AND the other residents. There are residents that nobody visits, and clearly can't defend themselves.

I am ready to stab!
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Yeah we met with the nursing home folks the Monday after the incident, and they were total bullshit. They promised to give us a copy of their investigation (which they never did after repeated requests) and they had said they would take action to protect the other residents. If the state office who conducted their own investigation deems there is no action that needs to be taken, then yeah, nothing has probably changed. I even complained to the omsbudman that is responsible for that region, so technically I filed 3 complaints.

It's just the principle of it, ya know? This guy is suffering from dementia so it's not like he's some lucid criminal, but all the more reason to protect him AND the other residents. There are residents that nobody visits, and clearly can't defend themselves.

I am ready to stab!

Yeah, we can't always protect all of our employees from those suffering from dementia, but if another resident is at risk, we do something about it.

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Damn chiqui. Sorry to hear that---best of luck.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    eyedclaar wrote:
    norm wrote:

Isn't that every day? I mean, Chiqui does live there...

yeah but usually it's just for laughs...this is for mom!!
    norm wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Oh hell no.

Actually I live closer to Berkeley, but the meeting is in Richmond where I grew up, so there probably will be some actual stabbings occurring outside the building :lol:
    Actually I live closer to Berkeley, but the meeting is in Richmond where I grew up, so there probably will be some actual stabbings occurring outside the building :lol:

well you know what i meant :P

don't leave there till they're bleeding chiqui!!
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    A gorgeous weekend ahead! :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    norm wrote:

well you know what i meant :P

don't leave there till they're bleeding chiqui!!
    Oh you know it baby lol
    StillHere wrote:

NOW its unfounded

Oh hell no.

have you contacted the office of the ombudsman in your state or whichever state your mother was institutionalized in (nasty word i know, but you know it applies to settings like nursing home)

office of the ombudsman its in the office of the public advocate in your state
    i would call them TODAY and at least get your info in before your meeting
    or tomorrow morning before your meeting
    so that you will have a name of the person you've talked with to use at the meeting
    if they're not too backed up, they might even send someone to the meeting on your mother's behalf

i don't know what state you're in
    but i was in nursing in NJ for decades
    the office of the ombudsman is OBLIGATED BY LAW
    to protect residents of nursing homes, long term care centers, retirement homes, etc.

link for NJ

http://www.state.nj.us/publicadvocate/d ... ombudsman/

its most probably similar in every state, differing to some degree, of course
    contact them directly

"Elder Ombudsman

The Division of Elder Advocacy protects the elderly by intervening in or instituting proceedings involving their interests; litigating on their behalf, and negotiating, mediating or resolving disputes prior to or in lieu of litigation. The Division includes the Office of the Ombudsman for the Institutional Elderly and the Nursing Home Ombudsman, which protect the rights and dignity of residents in long-term care facilities.'

google search "Ombudsman (insert your state)"
    there should be state and local offices in the public advocate's office
    get right on it
    they probably have a long list to tend to

hope that helps a little

Click here for the Office of the Ombudsman for the Institutional Elderly's Annual Report.
    peace,
    jo