Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    u

My husband's parents will be back to stay with us next week. They usually live with us but have been gone about a year. They are back to stay now. It's all good as I think it's important to take care of your family as they age. We'd planned to have an addition completed by the time they arrived but were held up by building permit variances. Now we will be 7 people sharing a 3 bedroom 1.5 bathroom house again until the renovations are done. Ugh. This was ok when the kids were really little but everybody seems to need more space now. AND... I won't be able to play my music like I want to until they are snug in their own little quarters. It's going to be an interesting 2-3 months. 8-X (<--- I have no idea how this skeleton guy applies to my little story but couldn't find a smiley that adequately expressed my feelings right now) :| maybe that's it</p>

nope. the skeleton guy said it all
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    rollings said:

u

My husband's parents will be back to stay with us next week. They usually live with us but have been gone about a year. They are back to stay now. It's all good as I think it's important to take care of your family as they age. We'd planned to have an addition completed by the time they arrived but were held up by building permit variances. Now we will be 7 people sharing a 3 bedroom 1.5 bathroom house again until the renovations are done. Ugh. This was ok when the kids were really little but everybody seems to need more space now. AND... I won't be able to play my music like I want to until they are snug in their own little quarters. It's going to be an interesting 2-3 months. 8-X (<--- I have no idea how this skeleton guy applies to my little story but couldn't find a smiley that adequately expressed my feelings right now) :| maybe that's it</p>

That's what i thought too, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I think I have figured the formula out:

Just when you think you have it together and have figured stuff out, life is like "LOL NOT SO FAST"

repeat.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    PJ_Soul said:

rollings said:

u

That's what i thought too, lol.
    Glad to know I had it right the first time. ;)
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Shaving a cat is not for the faint of heart.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,566

And, how many ways can you skin a cat?

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Contacting the vet about one of my hedgehogs.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    samjam said:

Just when you think you have it together and have figured stuff out, life is like "LOL NOT SO FAST"

repeat.

I hope everything works out for you Sam!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    cutz said:

Who goes around skinning cats, anyway?? ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    cutz said:

Who the fuck is out skinning cats? :-O

She needed it as with the weather warming up sooner and quicker than usual she matted out quicker than I could keep up with the brush...however it is akin to giving them a bath.
    Post edited by northerndragon on

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,566
    samjam said:

repeat.

Eddie Vedder said it all: Everything you think that you figure out, it's another path to another set of questions.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

cutz said:

She needed it as with the weather warming up sooner and quicker than usual she matted out quicker than I could keep up with the brush...however it is akin to giving them a bath.
    I used to shave the cats since they refuse to be brushed. Yes, there really is a 'lion cut' for kitties...as well as a 'sanitary clip'. Some clients had to bring their kitties in to get shaved under anesthesia. (I won't post a kitty's lion cut here since last time I posted one, it got taken down...just google it)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

cutz said:

I used to shave the cats since they refuse to be brushed. Yes, there really is a 'lion cut' for kitties...as well as a 'sanitary clip'. Some clients had to bring their kitties in to get shaved under anesthesia. (I won't post a kitty's lion cut here since last time I posted one, it got taken down...just google it)
    Why would anyone take this hilarious picture down? :)

• Options
    Just make sure your cat's in good shape before you do it. LOL!

• Options
    ^^^ my kitty's name is 'Chubby' and his name is Chubby for a reason...(okay, he has been re-named Chubby)

Chubby did not find it very humorous when after his shave, I would grab his fat blobs and squeal 'Chubby Fat!" I should probably get ready to shave him again.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The look of pure hate and malice on the faces of both those cats - someone is gonna get hurt real bad :))

Luckily my beast is a toned killer so nothing sags but I've never seen her look so small as she has always been covered in at least 2" of fur.

• Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    My weekends for pretty much the next 3 months are jam-packed with fun stuff. Lots of concerts and comedy fests and hanging out with my awesome boyfriend. I'm looking forward to my first summer in Chicago!
  • Options
    Thankful for a certain someone in my life.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,308
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Holy crap, I gotta shave my cat now too! too funny. Maybe a mohawk..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    April will be a busy month.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    I'm thankful for the friends that are true and genuine...dinner and drinks last weekend were awesome!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    The best thing to receive are no objects but moments
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I've been trying really hard to see the positive in things and just keep
    Moving forward... But I really just want to sleep for like.. A year.
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Is it possible - spring is finally arriving after such a cold and long winter ?!?!...
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    A week from Saturday. Hurry.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i can't believe i ate the whole thing :-&
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    I can't believe the school didn't send the kids home before this sleet storm hit. A foot of snow yet to come unflippin believable. >:P
  • Options
    Insanely proud of my man today (well always, but especially today!!) :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    edited April 2014

"Who the fuck is out skinning cats? :-O

I used to shave the cats since they refuse to be brushed. Yes, there really is a 'lion cut' for kitties...as well as a 'sanitary clip'. Some clients had to bring their kitties in to get shaved under anesthesia. (I won't post a kitty's lion cut here since last time I posted one, it got taken down...just google it)"

I had a Persian that had to be shaved once a year...fun stuff...they love it...NOT lol

The past week has been wonderful. Getting home from work, sitting on the back deck with the kids doing homework, dog and cats lounging together, flowers blooming and birds chirping.....PURE BLISS...

"You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."