Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I beat davidtrios in a beer chugging contest yesterday :) But I must say he was a worthy opponent!

:lol:
    I'm lousy at chugging beer. Foam is not my friend.

Foam is not beard friendly :nono:
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I beat davidtrios in a beer chugging contest yesterday :) But I must say he was a worthy opponent!

:lol:
    I'm lousy at chugging beer. Foam is not my friend.

Foam is not beard friendly :nono:

Yup! and I think it all has something to do with tilting your head back, opening up your throat, and giving a direct line to the stomach. Like a sword swallower. :shifty:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Yup! and I think it all has something to do with tilting your head back, opening up your throat, and giving a direct line to the stomach. Like a sword swallower. :shifty:

you're still talking about beer, right? ;)
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    norm wrote:

:eh:

sword......
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I have a few ebay auctions coming down in the next few hours on some electronic albums

hoping to win at least 2
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    I have a few ebay auctions coming down in the next few hours on some electronic albums

hoping to win at least 2

That reminds me, I need to get some Telefon Tel Aviv on vinyl
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    thinking about san diego. :think:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    norm wrote:

yeah not what my first thought was. :-?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Do it!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    Do it!

I live in Australia you know. plus the gig is a week and a half before my daughters wedding and im not sure about the protocol regarding the mother of the bride fleeing the country to see a rock band. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:

hoping to win at least 2

That reminds me, I need to get some Telefon Tel Aviv on vinyl

glad I could help I think :lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    Do it!

I live in Australia you know. plus the gig is a week and a half before my daughters wedding and im not sure about the protocol regarding the mother of the bride fleeing the country to see a rock band. :lol:
    Yeah, I know you live in Australia, but this way I will get a chance to meet you. :)
    Your family and friends know you by now; I'm sure they will understand your need to travel. ;)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    how, deep down, completely unhappy i am - how i've been so for a looong time, deep in my soul - and it's going to take me a looong time to change it. smallest ripples can make big, big waves eh? starting ...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    Yeah, I know you live in Australia, but this way I will get a chance to meet you. :)
    Your family and friends know you by now; I'm sure they will understand your need to travel. ;)

well tbh they are aware of my opinion of pearl jams bullshit australian festival tour, so the thought of me travelling to san diego isn't out of the realm of possibility. fuck it!!! im gonna do it.ill only be gone a week. ill be the one in black. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:

well tbh they are aware of my opinion of pearl jams bullshit australian festival tour, so the thought of me travelling to san diego isn't out of the realm of possibility. fuck it!!! im gonna do it.ill only be gone a week. ill be the one in black. ;)8-)
    WooHoo! As long as you are back for the ceremony, everything should be okay. Right? Oh! And I will also be wearing black, so we should be able to spot each other easily. :P
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    SD48277 wrote:

WooHoo! As long as you are back for the ceremony, everything should be okay. Right? Oh! And I will also be wearing black, so we should be able to spot each other easily. :P

yep! cause no one else will be thinking to. ;)8-):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:

yep! cause no one else will be thinking to. ;)8-):lol:
    Two great minds think alike. ;)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I was jogging this morning, looking nearly homeless as always, and a fella who was walking along the intracoastal waterway stopped me and asked if I was Cuban. I said no. Then he asked me if I was from Italy. I said, "No sir, and you will be unimpressed to hear that I am from Jersey."

He shrugged and walked away. :?
    Ironically, I've seen him before and I thought his slicked back hair and jumpsuit made him from Jersey too. But he had a thick accent that I couldnt place. Likely Cuban I suppose.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I was jogging this morning, looking nearly homeless as always, and a fella who was walking along the intracoastal waterway stopped me and asked if I was Cuban. I said no. Then he asked me if I was from Italy. I said, "No sir, and you will be unimpressed to hear that I am from Jersey."

Ironically, I've seen him before and I thought his slicked back hair and jumpsuit made him from Jersey too. But he had a thick accent that I couldnt place. Likely Cuban I suppose.
    You should have made friends with him if he was Cuban.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWsFv7BUgDVciMAQSzLR6Cbj312R7ZPw4CcKiOpBc05grFewrA
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

You should have made friends with him if he was Cuban.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWsFv7BUgDVciMAQSzLR6Cbj312R7ZPw4CcKiOpBc05grFewrA

:lol: No, not that Cuban. But this is near Palm Beach, so I wouldnt be surprised if I saw that dude.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I am home from a cardiac MRI and a stress test which I had this morning. Per my request a professional IV person inserted the IV needle. I have small veins so sometimes other medical staff may have to try three times or so to get the needle in. As a result I am anxious before the process. This IV person said I didn't even flinch. Very good. Also, in the MRI I was able to listen to music. It was the best MRI ever!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    cooking some lunch
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    dark
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Hoping this year is better than the last.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Hoping this year is better than the last.

FUCK YEAH.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Damn, QOTSA - you've done it again, I'm swept off my feet :mrgreen:
  • Options
    can't get this tune out of my head.

Dreams, Dreams
    Of when we had just started things
    Dreams of me and you
    It seems, It seems
    That I can't shake those memories
    I wonder if you feel the same way too

The littlest things that take me there
    I know it sounds lame but its so true
    I know its not right, but it seems unfair
    That the things reminding me of you
    Sometimes I wish we could just pretend
    Even if only for one weekend
    So come on, Tell me
    Is this the end?

clearly i need an intervention of sorts to get me out of this deep funk. :| :? :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    kiss
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Hopefully the last test for now. Eight small tubes of blood taken from the top of my hand. I endured. I would have endured better if I didn't give up sweets in September. (Nuts)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Hopefully the last test for now. Eight small tubes of blood taken from the top of my hand. I endured. I would have endured better if I didn't give up sweets in September. (Nuts)

Fingers crossed all is well! That sounds like a painful experience ...