Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    :fp: :fp: :fp:

goodbye PJ bikini thread...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

did you expect anything but
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Isnt it alive and well?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I've been wearing the flip flops that I bought at the store across the street from our Super-8 on day 1 of PJ20 the whole day. Somehow that made me feel great the whole day :mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Isnt it alive and well?

it appears so....i assumed it was locked after 4and20's post.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Thanks for the text mom. I didn't fall out of a canoe on the river... you will never see me in a fucking canoe on that dirty river :lol:
  • Options
    How to get to North Dakota for cheap :think: This country is just too fucking big :fp:
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    How to get to North Dakota for cheap :think: This country is just too fucking big :fp:

North Dakota?

Keep going west. :lol:
  • Options

North Dakota?

Keep going west. :lol:

Pfft. So imagine you found a pretty sweet car in ND, but you're living in MI. How do you get there for cheap? You will have to drive the car back with gas. If it turns out as sweet as it looked in the description. I could fly from Germany and back for the price of the flight :x
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Told my mom lately I've been considering after graduation maybe wanting to move to the West Coast. Going to Seattle with friends in late August 2014, thinking I might just stay. Mom basically laughed at the idea. Thanks for the support! Can't win...she says I absolutely cannot move back home when I graduate, so I tell her I might wanna move coasts and she still doesn't agree. What gives?
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Told my mom lately I've been considering after graduation maybe wanting to move to the West Coast. Going to Seattle with friends in late August 2014, thinking I might just stay. Mom basically laughed at the idea. Thanks for the support! Can't win...she says I absolutely cannot move back home when I graduate, so I tell her I might wanna move coasts and she still doesn't agree. What gives?

Sit down with her and ask a Magic 8 ball :) I think it is important to fledge at one point, but this country is so vast that even a family visit from one coast to the other makes is as expensive as a proper vacation. And probably she likes you to be close to her and seeing that you are safe. I think it must be hard for parents to let their children go. But it is important to let themn go too! Good luck for your endeavours!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    samjam wrote:

Sit down with her and ask a Magic 8 ball :) I think it is important to fledge at one point, but this country is so vast that even a family visit from one coast to the other makes is as expensive as a proper vacation. And probably she likes you to be close to her and seeing that you are safe. I think it must be hard for parents to let their children go. Good luck for your endeavours!
    I think it did surprise her...but the wanting me to be close to her, not sure that's the case. She sent me off to sleepaway camp for 2 months at 11 years old, has only visited once in college. I think she's just scared of me not being able to support myself. It's just an idea at this point....we'll see how the cards play out. I have to get through a whole entire year and change first- one day at a time!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    I think it did surprise her...but the wanting me to be close to her, not sure that's the case. She sent me off to sleepaway camp for 2 months at 11 years old, has only visited once in college. I think she's just scared of me not being able to support myself. It's just an idea at this point....we'll see how the cards play out. I have to get through a whole entire year and change first- one day at a time!

One day at a time sounds like a good plan. You sound like a smart girl. I am sure you will find a way :) Best of luck and have a good night!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    consumerism.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I'm seriously in love with Kari Byron from Mythbusters.

Goddamn that's nice! :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    how stupid is someone always try to say the opposite of you, even its wrong...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol:

and I'm pretty much hidden from any public searches...time to adjust more settings.

Change your name. To something stupid or even just a nickname/alt spelling.

I gave up trying to know who people are a long time ago. if they've got a couple mutual friends with me i just accept and assume i should remember them from somewhere and just don't because im an asshole.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Tonight! :mrgreen:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Concert tonight?
  • Options
    Concert tonight?

Yep! Your show is tomorrow, right?
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    Concert tonight?

Saturday.
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    Concert tonight?

Saturday.

Cool! Did you get the e-mail that says there's no opener & Ben starts around 8?
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Smashing pumpkins was a very good show last night, aside from the people in attendance. It was an outside festival and it started sprinkling rain.. up goes a hundred fucking umbrellas. We couldnt see a damned thing for awhile. Then a group of 3 girls and 2 guys standing behind us were talking and laughing as loud as they could. I need anger management if I am going to be in large groups.

It was good to finally see the Pumpkins after being a fan for so long. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Saturday.

Noooooooo.....

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

Saturday.

Noooooooo.....

THANK YOU!

Oh yeah, there's the email...
  • Options
    Smashing pumpkins was a very good show last night, aside from the people in attendance. It was an outside festival and it started sprinkling rain.. up goes a hundred fucking umbrellas. We couldnt see a damned thing for awhile. Then a group of 3 girls and 2 guys standing behind us were talking and laughing as loud as they could. I need anger management if I am going to be in large groups.

glad you enjoyed the show...even with douche's in attendance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Milk
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632

I finally saw them too a few years back, and it was very good. Glad I did. And I hate crowds like that, hate people in general
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    81 wrote:

glad you enjoyed the show...even with douche's in attendance.

Thanks man.. I was impressed. The other guitar player was very good. And the drummer was impressive too. Its not easy to fill the shoes of Jimmy Chaimberlain. And I think their new drummer is pretty young guy too. But why must the bass player always be a chick I wonder? She was hot.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Damn Punks!