what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    STAYSEA wrote:
    June.. :(

The Fan site has people that have listened to the new track a few thousand times. It going to be so awesome!!

:D

I'm a day behind... Thanks Email/Twitter.
    Nice!! I love Jimmy!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

The Fan site has people that have listened to the new track a few thousand times. It going to be so awesome!!

Nice!! I love Jimmy!!!

It's Sweet! One of the best emails I got today. Do you want a link to the leaked single?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

Nice!! I love Jimmy!!!

It's Sweet! One of the best emails I got today. Do you want a link to the leaked single?
    That would be awesome...thank you!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    That nasty feeling in my stomach when I want to call my Dad to talk to him and realize....I can't. Hard to believe it was 7 months ago today :cry:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    edited April 2013
    samjam wrote:
    That nasty feeling in my stomach when I want to call my Dad to talk to him and realize....I can't. Hard to believe it was 7 months ago today :cry:

That's so sad.. :(
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    colors
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    samjam wrote:
    I'm so sorry, Sam.
    ELITIST FUK
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    samjam wrote:
    I'm sorry for this loss, samjam. It aches and takes time.

I know it's not the same but maybe talk to him anyway, maybe you are.
    It's comforting. I have gotten to be an expert, 23 years for Pops this Sunday.
    He talks back to me when I empty my thoughts. His essence remains with me.
    Loving is a powerful thing. It truly does bond us between worlds.

Smile he always loved your smile :) When you've had a great Dad,
    when you are a great Dad life is complete and a celebration.

Yeah! Dads!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I can't even fathom loosing my dad, there is no one in my life I respect more and get better advice and wisdom from
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    I can't even fathom loosing my dad, there is no one in my life I respect more and get better advice and wisdom from
    Neither could I, and then....
    Cherish every second you have. I'd literally do anything to have my father back, he was my favorite person on the planet.

Thank you for the kind words, all. It's been hard recently, for no apparent reason, which is usually how it goes. Just creeps up on you. Still semi in the denial stage, the tears start flowin once I realize I will never get to physically see him or talk to him again, and who knows what actually lies beyond that.

And, just found out a very good family friend is in the hospital, and it's serious. Just turned 18 years old, I hope she gets better quickly. Man.
    ~not a dude~
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    samjam wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    Cherish every second you have. I'd literally do anything to have my father back, he was my favorite person on the planet.

Thank you for the kind words, all. It's been hard recently, for no apparent reason, which is usually how it goes. Just creeps up on you. Still semi in the denial stage, the tears start flowin once I realize I will never get to physically see him or talk to him again, and who knows what actually lies beyond that.

And, just found out a very good family friend is in the hospital, and it's serious. Just turned 18 years old, I hope she gets better quickly. Man.
    Just passed 30 years since I lost my dad... he was the greatest... Do yourself a favor and write down everything you loved about him, made you laugh, made you angry, etc. because no matter what you remember now it starts to fade and those great anecdotes get merged with something else and you lose a little bit of the escence of him and your relationship. Now the other thing (which is a lot easier for you because of these times) is get every picture, video, audio recording or whatever else reminds you of him and back it up, store it make copies, put in safe or whatever... whenever you have a family of your own, you are going to want to share what an amazing dad you had. I only have 3 pictures... it's very sad.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    samjam wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

I will never forget not long after my father passed I had a dream. It's now pictures I carry with me
    this many years after. So vivid. I close my eyes and see him still like the dream was last night.

He was in his old white Fury with the black top. Smiling waving.
    The car moving slowly past me. That smile on his red moon shaped face.
    Twinkling green eyes, my eyes.
    There were no words just that feeling. A good feeling. I knew he was always there for me,
    just like in life. Gone but not. He was, he is my rock.

I hope your friend is ok, a speedy recovery.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    As I was leaving for work I noticed a dead squirrel in my front yard.

I have to dispose of the body. The Trash people already came before I got home. So I guess I need to take the squirrel to a dumpster some where.

I wonder how he or she died. This is going to be gross.

I have surgical gloves a box and two trash bags. I'm going to have to put it in my trunk.

Why do I always get the odd jobs?

There is a female squirrel that lives in my back yard and she is completely bald. Did they know each other?

Well I guess I need to go take care of that before the school bus comes... See ya soon. :sick:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    :fp:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    samjam wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Just passed 30 years since I lost my dad... he was the greatest... Do yourself a favor and write down everything you loved about him, made you laugh, made you angry, etc. because no matter what you remember now it starts to fade and those great anecdotes get merged with something else and you lose a little bit of the escence of him and your relationship. Now the other thing (which is a lot easier for you because of these times) is get every picture, video, audio recording or whatever else reminds you of him and back it up, store it make copies, put in safe or whatever... whenever you have a family of your own, you are going to want to share what an amazing dad you had. I only have 3 pictures... it's very sad.

you just reminded me that when I deleted all the pictures off my old phone (Mr.'s phone died suddenly and he freaked out) there was a pic of me and my dad on there...and now it's gone forever. :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Where's 81?
    Where's 81?

do you think he got a timeout for flooding the place with all that bourbon yesterday?

what a hell of a week, glad it's over. I just hope the weekend is better.
    samjam wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Thanks, Adam, this is great advice. I didn't have a lot of time with him, just shy of 20 years, so I am fearful for the day where I don't quite remember the memories and the little things.
    ~not a dude~
    Where's 81?
    Got a little vacay. Musta missed me :lol:
    pie
  • wondering if my work pc monitor is going to start working before I have to log into work???
    I gues it's time to get another pc :roll:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    muppets
    thats why i dont sleep alot..i have headache after if i do :fp: :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited April 2013
    "I am the better person, I am the better person, I am the better person..."
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Sometimes I wish I could just be.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I hate lying realtor's who screw up and then try and screw the buyer.
    Go Birds!!!!
    strange people
    i was wondering..

transformers...do a life insurance,or a car insurance??or both in one?? :fp: :lol::lol::lol:
    21 years ago today, Pearl Jam played at my school. I swear I was born in the wrong year, so woulda been front row for this one :lol:
    ~not a dude~