Options

My OFFICIAL Apology/Thank You to Matt Cameron

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited May 2008 in The Porch
So maybe it's that I'm very hungover and reflective right now, or just plain stoned at 11:21AM, but I popped in Immagine In Cornice (what a great way to start the day: McDonald's breakfast, a fat bowl and a PJ DVD) and I thought about Matt Cameron. Some people on here are aware of my mild disliking of his drumming, or that I think he's nowhere near as good or creative than Jack Irons. So this thread is for them.

Dear Matt,

While my opinion on you hasn't fully changed, I now fully appreciate what you've done for the band. While I'm not a big fan of you playing songs from albums you weren't on, the contribution to the albums you were a part of are amazing. The drumming on Avocado is awesome. Severed Hand and Unempoyable fucking rock as hard as they do because of your drumming. Come Back has as beautiful drum parts as it does guitar parts. The drums are such an underrated part of that song. Even the songs you've written are amazing. "You Are" is such a badass song and the sound behind it is so complex. Shows a lot of great creativity. You've been an integral part of PJ's sound since joining the band. Only more recently have I wised up and realized how amazing Binaural, Riot Act and Avocado are. You define an era in Pearl Jam history. Not just an era for the time you were with the band, but an era in sound that the band shifted to when you were writing the albums with them.

So anyway, Thanks and Sorry. See you on this tour in Tennessee, VB, and Camden!

I gotta get back to IiC... Immortality is on.

- GivenToCarve
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    signed,

imaginary friend
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    So maybe it's that I'm very hungover and reflective right now, or just plain stoned at 11:21AM, but I popped in Immagine In Cornice (what a great way to start the day: McDonald's breakfast, a fat bowl and a PJ DVD)

so you were hungover, went to Mcdonalds, then smoked a bowl.

this sounds like, possibly THE WORST possible way to start the day. gross, dude, go for a run or something. IMO yuck.

edit: you were born in 86, as you were.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options

this sounds like, possibly THE WORST possible way to start the day. gross, dude, go for a run or something. IMO yuck..

Yeah.. How did you not puke?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Yeah.. How did you not puke?

Greasy food and Marijuana are the absolute best remedy for a hangover. I did say marijuana and not crack right?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
    greasy food and weed are quite possibly the best cure for a hangover.either that or start drinking again.
    jeter drinks wine coolers
  • Options
    dr teeth wrote:
    either that or start drinking again.

I'm coincidentally going to start that in approximately 1.5 hours :D
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    grease and bowls do cure hangovers. in the moonlight and cropduster are my favourite cameron efforts and his drumming on ghost makes the song
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492

this sounds like, possibly THE WORST possible way to start the day. gross, dude, go for a run or something. IMO yuck.

edit: you were born in 86, as you were.

Ha ha, that's what I thought. That sounds horrible. The way you wrote that sounded like you did something to be really proud about. I feel guilty if I don't don't put flax seed in my morning smoothie or miss my workout. Well, kill yourself while you can because when you get to my age (almost 40) those days are over.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18