Options

ATTENTION Bonnaroo Veterans!

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Anyone have any advice to offer? I'm talking..

1. When to get there/How to beat traffic.
2. What kind of foods are best to bring.
3. Where to try and set up camp at.
4. Any general suggestions or ideas to get through the weekend. Something that might come as a surprise and I'll wish I had thought of it earlier.
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018

I'm not a Vet, this will be the first one for me, but from what I've heard, they will tell you where to set up camp- you don't have a choice
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,659
    Anyone have any advice to offer? I'm talking..

4. Any general suggestions or ideas to get through the weekend. Something that might come as a surprise and I'll wish I had thought of it earlier.
    Here's some dude's checklist

http://www.poorvin.com/roo/
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    This site has oodles of info:
    http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Here's some dude's checklist

http://www.poorvin.com/roo/

The guy on that site says after bringing his own beer and food, he only spends $60. FOR REAL? Is that possible?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    black11black11 Posts: 14
    I'm a Bonnaroo veteran. If you have VIP the food and drinks are free so you really don't need to bring much. I brought a case of beer last year and took 1/3 of it home. Bring LOTS of sunscreen, trash bags, foods that won't melt or make you feel sick in the heat such as dry cereal and protein bars. Also, we brought a bunch of trailmix last year which was a great snack that provides some much needed energy from lack of sleep! Antibacterial soap, cleaning wipes, poncho, rainboots, extra clothes, extra sheets, extra toilet paper, bandaids, bug spray, flashlight, extra shoes/flipflops that you can throw away, a blanket/beach towel to sit on, aloe vera in case you get a sunburn, a hoodie or something like that for when it gets cool at night. I brought some emergen-c and multivitamins which i took everyday to avoid getting sick from lack of sleep! 3 more days, can't wait!
    "Don't it make you smile"

5/3/03 State College, PA * 7/9/06 LA * 7/10/06 LA *
    7/12/06 Hollywood * 7/15/06 Frisco * 12/9/06 Honolulu * Aug '07 Lolla * Jun '08 Bonnaroo * 10/01/09 LA *

We are, Penn State
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,210

You don't. Just get there sometime Thursday morning or early afternoon.

Sandwiches, fruit... typical camping/picnic fare that won't spoil or melt is best. But, if you're bringing a cooler with refridgerables (if that's not a word, I'm patenting it right now), make sure to save cash to buy ice every day. There's plenty of food to be had, either through vendors or other Roo-goers who are selling stuff, so you don't really need a lot if you're OK with spending money on food.

You won't have a choice. They put you where they put you. My advice is, have your tents and shelters easily available in your car so that as soon as they park you, you can immediately get out and take up as much space behind/in front of your vehicle(s) as possible. They'll park people right next to you, so you have to spread out vertically, in-line with your vehicle.

Drink a lot of water. Bring your rain gear. Generously apply sunscreen and do it often.

And, the number one thing- EARPLUGS. And not for the shows, for when you're sleeping. You'll get a lot better sleep when you can't hear your neighbors playing Irish Jig music at 5 in the morning.
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    So, the forecast calls for rain everyday (or least there is a chance everyday) so how big of a mess is the farm going to be? It is a pasture after all, so I'm guessing the least bit of precip will turn it into a heaping mess of stinking, steamy mud, right? Guess those ponchos are going to be worth the money
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    So, the forecast calls for rain everyday (or least there is a chance everyday) so how big of a mess is the farm going to be? It is a pasture after all, so I'm guessing the least bit of precip will turn it into a heaping mess of stinking, steamy mud, right? Guess those ponchos are going to be worth the money
    still don't think it's gonna be a big deal. I think it's gonna be nice and cloudy with very little rain
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    still don't think it's gonna be a big deal. I think it's gonna be nice and cloudy with very little rain
    I hope you are right. Rain or not, I don't think anything could spoil this weekend for me, although I would much prefer to have four days of nice overcast weather

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    I hope you are right. Rain or not, I don't think anything could spoil this weekend for me, although I would much prefer to have four days of nice overcast weather
    :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Another question: does anyone have an updated schedule in pdf or some other printable format? I just want to be sure I have the accurate schedule even though I believe Kanye was the only one to move? There could be subsequent shifts I guess though

• Options
    Another question: does anyone have an updated schedule in pdf or some other printable format? I just want to be sure I have the accurate schedule even though I believe Kanye was the only one to move? There could be subsequent shifts I guess though
    a couple of other groups have changed time slots as well- some of the maller ones. If you go to the bonnaroo.com page, and click on schedule, and then click on download schedule- it put the scedule all one page- much better layout then the scdedule page

Edit: here you go:

http://www.bonnaroo.com/documents/Bonnaroo_Schedule_2008.pdf
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Thanks a bunch. For some reason my computer at work won't open the bonnaroo site. Have a great weekend...maybe I'll see you in the pit Saturday night

• Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    you'll def see me if they play GTF
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)