Options

Would you die for Pearl Jam?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe the original poster has a time machine AND homocidal motives. If you say yes, he will hunt you down. When you open your front door, he points a gun at you and gives you the ultimatum: You or PJ? Either way you answer, he says, "Wrong" and honks your nose.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Hahaha.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Dumbest thread of all time. And I'm not speaking in hyperbole. You've got your priorities pretty f'ed up if something like this even crosses your mind.
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Maybe the original poster has a time machine AND homocidal motives. If you say yes, he will hunt you down. When you open your front door, he points a gun at you and gives you the ultimatum: You or PJ? Either way you answer, he says, "Wrong" and honks your nose.

Bingo
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    this is the stupidest thread in the history of the world.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    Awesome. Apparently, some people cant detect humor or silliness in typed form.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Jeanie wrote:
    The way my life has turned out so far, yeah sure I'd wipe me out if it meant that others got to enjoy PJ.

dont say that Jeanie. : (

anyway, i would not die for them, but i would kill for them : ) i would find the guy that was going to go back in time and erase PJ from histroy, and i would put a few holes in him. : )
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Awesome. Apparently, some people cant detect humor or silliness in typed form.

i enjoyed your response. to all the others, especially the one who said "stupidest" (i really hope he's joking), ok it's a dumb thread. let's get over it. maybe next time i'll go with "Pictures where Eddie Looks Hot pt 8" or 'OMG DID YOU HEAR EVENFLOW ON TV JUST NOW?"
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    wwpjd?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    hahahahaha

Fuck no I wouldn't die for a Rock Band!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    Or a Guitar Hero, for that matter!
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Congrats! You have successfully posted both the creepiest and funniest message pit post of all time! I think the band should each send you a lock of hair in exchange for your obsession and dedication. Maybe Boom will send you some panties to sniff :)

For the record, the only people I would die for would be immediately family, my future children, my future wife, maybe a friend or 2 and Neil Diamond. Not a band I have never shared a conversation with nor will I ever. That's a lie, I met Mike at the Borgata. Really really nice guy but I wouldn't die for him.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    if i had the final stage of cancer and was going to die very very soon regardless, sure ill be a nice guy. other than that....hellll no.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Stupid question.
    Well. But for one moment i wasn't sure. So i can see-i'm alone here.
    I'm too big coward anyway;)
    there are to many questions which i should answer for... about life, bla, bla, bla. Doesn't matter now.
    make it simplier - would i die to let Columb discover America?
    Still sounds funny? For who?
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i wouldnt die for them... but id be real fuckin torn up if anything happened to ed like john lennon... probably wouldnt leave my house for a week... might even cry... weird to think of being that distraught over someone ive never met... but i think i would be... probably the same for neil young and bob dylans eventual deaths too... the thought of no more music would be unbearable...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    Jeanie wrote:
    The way my life has turned out so far, yeah sure I'd wipe me out if it meant that others got to enjoy PJ.

Holy Shit,

Its time for you to start the Zoloft/Prozac cocktail....
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    ha ha I think the dude that posted this was half way joking. But yes, I would sacrifice my first born (It's okay for me to say that cause i don't have kids yet)
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    fuck no.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    die for a music group? never. die for my children? absolutely.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384

Just seeing the way the band has affected people's lives for the better, I think I would at least have to contemplate it.

oh I guess he wasn't jokiing. But I'd still sacrifice my first born
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    the wolf wrote:

anyway, i would not die for them, but i would kill for them : ) i would find the guy that was going to go back in time and erase PJ from histroy, and i would put a few holes in him. : )

Why not? :) It's just death and it's going to happen to all of us.
    I took it that the question was a hypothetical anyway, given the time machine and all.
    Wouldn't you rather die knowing that your death meant that all the wonderful things that have happened to other people because of a simple thing like this band could and would still happen? There's not nearly enough good things happening in the world. I'd prefer dying for that reason than because of old age or being wiped out by a drunk driver or murdered or because of some hideous disease or a whole bunch of other awful reasons that people die from.
    I wouldn't kill for them though. :) Well not unless they were in imminent danger right before my eyes and I had no choice.
    Neither option is specific to Pearl Jam in my view either. I'd do it for a few other people as well, like family, friends, particular people that have made significant contributions to the betterment of the world. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    pateljam wrote:
    Holy Shit,

Its time for you to start the Zoloft/Prozac cocktail....

Yeah, thanks Dr Bob, but I'll be right without the meds. :)
    They're really only to treat depression anyway and my response to the question was not motivated by depression.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    the wolf wrote:

what is histroy...maybe pj would wanna be erased from that...~

:D
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    missblackmissblack Posts: 15
    die for a music group? never. die for my children? absolutely.
    Exactly! I love the band but I'm going to have to say they're not worth dying for.
  • Options
    What the hell kinda question is this???
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    What i mean is...

Hypothetical Situation:
    Say you had to make a choice... Pearl Jam gets erased from history, almost as if someone goes back in a time machine and stops them from forming OR you give your life now in 2008 and they are what they are today.

Just seeing the way the band has affected people's lives for the better, I think I would at least have to contemplate it.

ERASED FROM HISTORY??????? :eek: I cant even imagine. :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Well If i died for Pearl Jam, Pj would still be around but I wouldn't.... Therefore, I wouldnt be able to read silly questions like this.... but I enjoy silly questions so NOOOOOOOOOO.

Plus I'm just about to find out who the dish ran away with.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Just, wow
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Jeanie wrote:
    Why not? :) It's just death and it's going to happen to all of us.
    I took it that the question was a hypothetical anyway, given the time machine and all.
    Wouldn't you rather die knowing that your death meant that all the wonderful things that have happened to other people because of a simple thing like this band could and would still happen? There's not nearly enough good things happening in the world. I'd prefer dying for that reason than because of old age or being wiped out by a drunk driver or murdered or because of some hideous disease or a whole bunch of other awful reasons that people die from.
    I wouldn't kill for them though. :) Well not unless they were in imminent danger right before my eyes and I had no choice.
    Neither option is specific to Pearl Jam in my view either. I'd do it for a few other people as well, like family, friends, particular people that have made significant contributions to the betterment of the world. :)
    U have spoken my thoughts. That was what i thought really.
    Death is a necessity. So it's better to think that Your death means something. That this is not just dry fact.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    I would go back in time and erase this post