Options

Lyrics Needed for Special Occasion (Please Help)

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited June 2008 in The Porch
My grandfather is turning 80 pretty soon and my Aunt wants to put a book together for him including a few words from each of the family members. I was thinking of using some Pearl Jam lyrics for him.

For starters, he really does resemble the father from Big Fish. He's got all of his old stories which he tells us every time he sees us. He forgets we've heard them so many times already and we just laugh and pretend its the first time. Thus, I was thinking of using Man of the Hour, this part...

"And the road
The old man paved
The broken seams along the way
The rusted signs, left just for me
He was guiding me, love, his own way"

Cutting out the "man of the hour... final bow" part because... well... it's about death.
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    Not trying to be a jerk here...but come up with your own words, don't borrow someone else's for this.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Not trying to be a jerk here...but come up with your own words, don't borrow someone else's for this.

I plan to. Im going to start it with the quote...
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    I plan to. Im going to start it with the quote...

Then it seems like you already found your quote, huh?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Then it seems like you already found your quote, huh?

Any suggestions welcome...
  • Options
    No one? I usually see people jump all over these threads.