Options

Please Help: Identify Poster

corgilovercorgilover Posts: 7
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Hi everyone!

I'm so happy! I've just received my mystery poster! Yet, the poster is still a mystery to me -- I can't figure out which city and year the poster corresponds to.

Description: It's orange/green/white with what appears to be a face on the left side of the poster. Shooting from its right eye says Pearl Jam, <next line> "whatever city it is", <next line> July 2nd 3rd, <next line> "year? -- maybe 06?"

The writing is all bubbled or 3-D. I can't figure it out. Errrrr.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,165
    corgilover wrote:
    Hi everyone!

I'm so happy! I've just received my mystery poster! Yet, the poster is still a mystery to me -- I can't figure out which city and year the poster corresponds to.

Description: It's orange/green/white with what appears to be a face on the left side of the poster. Shooting from its right eye says Pearl Jam, <next line> "whatever city it is", <next line> July 2nd 3rd, <next line> "year? -- maybe 06?"

Thanks!

Sounds like you got the much-hated, a rightfully so, Klausen Denver 06 poster.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Yup, thats what it is. Denver 06.
  • Options
    Thanks for helping me identify the poster!
    Once you identified the city, I can now tell it says "Denver".

Y'all are definitely correct...the poster isn't the "better" ones, but hey! I got it and I'm keeping it....in a closet and out-of-sight. (It may illuminate my closet with the glow-in-the-dark colors?!?) :P

Just glad I scored a poster, ya know?

Anyway, thanks again for y'alls time!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    actually I put this one in a frame (cheapo from Target) and hung i in my apartment and it looks pretty cool.
  • Options
    corgilover wrote:
    I can now tell it says "Denver".

my condolences.

MayDay10 wrote:
    actually I put this one in a frame (cheapo from Target) and hung i in my apartment and it looks pretty cool.

PJ dart board?? that sounds cool! :D
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

How cheap at target? I get me cheap ones from walgreen 10 bucks.

Scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    Funny, Brad told me "Pearl Jam fans hate, but other artist love it."

Not my fav. but I give him credit for doing new things.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    corgilover wrote:
    Hi everyone!

Thanks!

Denver 7-2/3

A guy is begging for that in another thread.. Thread topic "I need a poster" I think =P

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    edited April 2016
    I will buy that poster if you do not want
    Post edited by zachjg on
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,165
    Lizardking wrote:

of course he said that.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    of course he said that.

:D
  • Options
    urbalsurbals Posts: 10
    Y'all figure that they will still sell off posters from the '08 tour, or do you think they are done after the mystery poster sale? I need a Mansfield I!!!
    '06: LA I
    '08: Mansfield I
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Lizardking wrote:

Brad, is that you?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Is it terrible that i thought the original post was making a joke?
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks