Options

Be careful when driving with Backspacer...

More CowbellMore Cowbell Posts: 171
edited September 2009 in The Porch
It will make you go fast! I drove from Chicago to Milwaukee and back today (which means I got to give Backspacer a complete listen 72 times (give or take)) and before I knew it (and could help it) I was flying! When somethings slow, I wanna put a little speed on it. What a fun CD. The Fixer is a great "look like an idiot singing in your car" song (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah... fight to get it back again!). Right up until the ever so uplifting The End. Huh? It's like driving into a brick wall. What a painfully beautiful (beautifully painful?) song. Whose voice is Eddie speaking? The fifth verse is almost too much to listen to.

Oh, and Just Breathe? Never would I have thought a "ballad" would be my favorite song off of a PJ CD. But this lyrically and musically gives me chills and brings a smile to my face every time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Backspacer hasn't had this effect on my yet but I do agree that music can make you go faster in your car. I totally got pulled over once for speeding because of Sleep Now in the Fire by Rage Against the Machine. I told this to the cop and everything. He gave me a ticket but knocked a few mphs off to lessen the fine. I promised him I'd only listen to Bob Dylan when driving through his jurisdiction.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com