Options

SUPERSONIC

2»

Comments

• Options
    i have no idea how a fan of rock music could not like supersonic. just a great, simple song that has an uplifting message. i am beginning to think some of you only like depressing themes in your music.
  • Options
    csickels wrote:
    i have no idea how a fan of rock music could not like supersonic. just a great, simple song that has an uplifting message. i am beginning to think some of you only like depressing themes in your music.

I don't hate it. It's just a little too basic for my tastes.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    csickels wrote:

That's kind of why I like it. Silly bang your head punk song. They played it in Chicago and it sounded great.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    csickels wrote:

That's kind of why I like it. Silly bang your head punk song. They played it in Chicago and it sounded great.

Except for the breakdown near the end, which I really like, it strikes me as this album's "let's put the mindless rocker in this spot" song ... it's a cousin of Big Wave, and Whipping, and Mankind and Get Right. Not a terrible song, but I feel like I've already heard it before.

I'd like to hear the made-up lyrics from last night in Seattle, though.
  • Options
    csickels wrote:

yeah, i can understand that. i had to let myself open up to these songs at first - definitely not the typical complexity of PJ (The Fixer when I first heard it - I thought Ed let his daughter write it.). But now my 6 yr old & 4 year old sons and i rock out to it every day in the car. i love it. this album is downright fun to me.
  • Options
    csickels wrote:
    csickels wrote:

yeah, i can understand that. i had to let myself open up to these songs at first - definitely not the typical complexity of PJ (The Fixer when I first heard it - I thought Ed let his daughter write it.). But now my 6 yr old & 4 year old sons and i rock out to it every day in the car. i love it. this album is downright fun to me.

It's really just Supersonic and Johnny Guitar that I don't love, love, love. I love, love, love everything else.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I like it, but i woudl like it even more if i never heard mankind.

That opening riff just sounds so much like it to me. For some reason that bothers me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I like it, but i woudl like it even more if i never heard mankind.

That opening riff just sounds so much like it to me. For some reason that bothers me.

no offense, but you shouldn't let it get to you. it's a different song. what if the band took a song and changed the lyrics and it would make it a much better song? would you be against it.

Oh wait, they did that with Footsteps. THANKFULLY!
  • Options
    James C wrote:
    Man alive, this is a great song! I get an extra spring in my step listening to it. I love the jam in the middle that gives it some extra flavor. And it has one of the best lines Pearl Jam has put out 'I wanna live my life with the volume full!" PJ, please make that an official shirt. It's such a great line.

I love this post and agree with it so much that I wish I had written it! That line you quoted is one of my faves on the album! This song is pure energy to me.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    yeah, any athletics team should add supersonic to their pregame music. that and got some. i find when i listen to it in the car i get a lead foot and almost cause numerous crashes. i can't help it. it's just that good.
  • Options
    EddiesMuse wrote:
    My fave rotates between Supersonic, Just Breathe and Unthought Known - Supersonic is definitely the best rocking song, best they've had in a while.

Seconded! :mrgreen: Although... I'd replace Unthought Known with Speed of Sound... but that's just me ;)

WOOOOO SUPERSONIC!!!! I'm so glad this song's getting some love! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.