Community

Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 753
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone watch it last night after The Office? Was really pretty good. I may actually get into it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• YES I thought it was very good. Funny and the story is actually pretty good too... not just a bunch of one-liners like The Office is sometimes. (but I do love the Office)
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • I did watch and was pleasantly surprised, because the promos did not impress me one bit.
  • I'm a huge joel mchale fan, but I was a little worried that his acting wouldn't be up to par. but he seems to strike the right balance between dickishness and vulnerability, plus the writing is great so far. I laughed my ass off.
  • so meaty..... Joel McHalle is so talented. The way the Soup flows is amazing, I loved John Henson and Greg Kinnear... but Joel is the best host by light years (sorry Senior Sock). I thought Commuity was alright. If they make Joel stick to the script, the show is doomed. If they let him ad lib and improvise, the show has serious potential. I really do not care for any of the secondary characters, they really need to retool Chevy Chase's character. However, if the show works, chances are close to 99% that the show gets cancelled. NBC and FOX always kill so many shows before they even have any time to develop.... it's a shame, but seems to be the way of network television. I wish the show was on a cable network, where expectations are lower, and the show has time to build and grow and get word-of-mouth.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    Anyone watch it last night after The Office? Was really pretty good. I may actually get into it.

it was definitely a lot better than I expected it to be!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Big Joel McHalle fan from his Almost Live days in Seattle.

I liked the show, will watch again. :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    damn. i meant to watch it! we dvr'd the office, but i forgot to record community. i wonder if it's streaming on nbc..
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    mfc2006 wrote:
    damn. i meant to watch it! we dvr'd the office, but i forgot to record community. i wonder if it's streaming on nbc..

First Episode is free on Itunes and im pretty sure its on NBC.com too
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Cam99 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

First Episode is free on Itunes and im pretty sure its on NBC.com too

right on. thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so i finally got around to watching this tonight :oops:

damned good stuff!!! :thumbup: :wave:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,771
    I like this show
    I miss igotid88
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    norm wrote:
    so i finally got around to watching this tonight :oops:

damned good stuff!!! :thumbup: :wave:
    YEah, funny show. Every episode seemed to get better and better.
  • I Tivo'd the first few episodes, and thought it wasn't very good. Actually hearing a lot of people are into now.
    "It's all happening"
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I think the show is absolutely horrible. I am a fan of the rest of the NBC Thursday shows but aside from a few one-liners I don't think I have laughed at this show.

Parks and Rec on the other hand stepped up their game this season.
    Donald Glover will only be in 5 of the 13 episodes next season
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    This is absolutely
    my new favourite show.
    I picked up the 1st season on DVD earlier in the year.
    It seems I will have to continue with that- dammit.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I loved Community when it came out...I noticed that this past year (season 4) the show is totally different (and sucked). Didn't realize that the original producer had left.

Original producer is coming back as producer and director...yay!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    I wonder if this will be the final season.
    So much upheaval it seems...
    Still, looking forward to new eps, yo!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I just got into this show recently (thanks kw ;) :wave: ). Since I had never seen it, we started at the beginning..now we're about 10 episodes into Season 3...and I'm very addicted to it... :oops:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    afroannnie wrote:
    I just got into this show recently (thanks kw ;) :wave: ). Since I had never seen it, we started at the beginning..now we're about 10 episodes into Season 3...and I'm very addicted to it... :oops:

don't watch season 4...wait for season 5 this fall
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    norm wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

don't watch season 4...wait for season 5 this fall

I totally passed on Season 4 when I learned Harmon wouldn't be involved, so I may just do this.

HOWEVER, while I don't want to come across as Abed, I am a stickler for continuity. Completely skipping over an entire season? Season 5 could become for me a pit full of plot holes, confusing in-jokes, character changes, and other inconsistencies from which I may never escape! On the other hand ... it probably was an awful season ... Oh, woe!

tumblr_inline_mn0y92fqlf1qz4rgp.gif?w=620
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    yeah i get that but at this point i'm not sure if harmon will continue from the end of season 4 or just go from a cold start so to speak...if i were you guys, i'd hold off on 4 until we know what harmon is gonna do
    norm wrote:
    yeah i get that but at this point i'm not sure if harmon will continue from the end of season 4 or just go from a cold start so to speak...if i were you guys, i'd hold off on 4 until we know what harmon is gonna do

:think: When does season 5 return?
    norm wrote:

I wonder if he'd do a "it was all a dream" thing or a "there were drugs in the drinking water, explaining why everything was so awful last year!" thing. Maybe he'll just continue where S4 left off, but essentially ignore that entire season? That seems the most likely.

Didn't everyone graduate?
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I wonder if he'd do a "it was all a dream" thing or a "there were drugs in the drinking water, explaining why everything was so awful last year!" thing. Maybe he'll just continue where S4 left off, but essentially ignore that entire season? That seems the most likely.

Everyone fails so they can have 6 seasons and a movie!
    kw18 wrote:
    norm wrote:

well this season was gonna be different to start with because there's no more chevy and it turns out less donald glover...he'll only be in 5 episodes before leaving completely so harmon has a lot of ways in which he can go

and i think season 5 premieres in january
    afroannnie wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Everyone fails so they can have 6 seasons and a movie!

:lol:

I'd actually be worried about that if Harmon hadn't said from the very beginning that he envisioned the show going past college ... it's why he fought to keep the name "Community" rather than "Community College."

Either way, I'm not too worried about Season 5 with Harmon at the helm. I just hope it does actually lead to ...

community-denial-6.gif
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    We finished up Season 3 this weekend...so yeah, we may just start from the beginning again... :shifty:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."