Options

Rearviewmirror sounds exact......check them out!!!

allpjallpj Posts: 43
edited June 2008 in The Porch
You gotta check these guys out.....wow!!!! Same effects and guitar parts with each song these guys wale out!!! Sounds very close....I mean VERY CLOSE!!!

Check them out in Whitby May 9th!!!!

http://www.pjtribute.com

Peace JAMMERS!!!!
RVM Tribute Pipes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    a little bit - yes, but not so close...
    Guitar? No feeling in this.
    And a singer - he sounds closer to Creed's vocal
    Sorry, it's good, but...
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Not at all.

Check out Ten Band.. closest you'll get.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Musically this is pretty good, but very Creed-like vocal.. and not all that in tune either. Sorry :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Every Pearl Jam cover band I have heard the singer sucks. As everybody said, you sound like Creed. Stop it. Sing in your normal voice then it will be a tribute, not an insult.
  • Options
    SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    The singer sounds kinda like Scott Weiland singing kinda like Eddie Vedder. :D
    Instruments sound cool though, not like PJ but cool. Kinda has a home recording sound to it.
    I personally think that a tribute shouldnt try to sound just like the band, but just play the bands songs in their own style while staying true to its original feel.
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    eh, not so much. I miss Alive, that was my fave tribute band. =(
    Just me
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    No Code is the best tribute band out there

http://www.myspace.com/nocodejam
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    LukinFan wrote:

i met the guitarist at my local guitar center in bergen county. I was looking at the drums when i heard about 2 or 3 different pearl jam songs being played on guitar. i finally left the drum area and apporached the guy and he said he was the rhythm guitarist (or lead) for no code.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    LukinFan wrote:

there is an OBNOXIOUS amount of reverb on the vocals...

as much as i love to play PJ songs i dont think id ever devote my time to playing to a small, hypercritical crowd on a regular basis... just feel like that time could be better spent working on original music
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    wow, they even have a message pit. i wonder if they sell fan club tickets to their shows.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I never understood tribute bands. If you want to see them, why not go for the real thing? If you're in the band, why not write your own songs? If you're talented enough to play Pearl Jam songs, I'm sure you'd be capable to maybe write some of your own.
  • Options
    jwoodcockjwoodcock Posts: 22
    I don't understand why these guys always try to hard. Eddie has a natural tone. Not the yawrl that everyone thinks he has. On ten yes, but you have to understand it was a different sound for him. Something original. I hate when bands use the yawrl on every song. Be yourself, no one sounds like Eddie and that is okay sound like yourself. Not Sawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thingrrrssssssss sorrrrrrrrwwwww mrrrruchhhh clearerrererererrrrrrr. Just my oppinion. I'd rather listen to Olivia Newton John sing a pearl jam song than hear Yawrl fake I am exactly like Eddie stuff. Sorry for the rant. I just had a discussion about Pearl Jam with a non fan friend. Every time I see him he says EvRRRRRRRRRRen Flroooooooooooooooo. In an Eddie voice and it sounds like this one. It fires me up.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    muppet wrote:
    I never understood tribute bands. If you want to see them, why not go for the real thing? If you're in the band, why not write your own songs? If you're talented enough to play Pearl Jam songs, I'm sure you'd be capable to maybe write some of your own.

word.

or at least ATTEMPT original songs,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    Musically this is pretty good, but very Creed-like vocal.. and not all that in tune either. Sorry :)

agree, although i find it off somewhat musically,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    allpj wrote:
    You gotta check these guys out.....wow!!!! Same effects and guitar parts with each song these guys wale out!!! Sounds very close....I mean VERY CLOSE!!!

Check them out in Whitby May 9th!!!!

Peace JAMMERS!!!!

NOT
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    music sounds ok. I'd say that EvenFlow sounded better, musically, in their hay-day though.

vocals suck bad. period. they should fire that guy.

EDIT: Just noticed the original poster's homepage is pjtribute.com. Guess this was a shallow attempt at promotion. terrible!!
  • Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    I never understood tribute bands for bands that still tour and make albums
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Them-Bones wrote:
    I never understood tribute bands for bands that still tour and make albums
    Me too, maybe we should ask Ed... as i know He did sth like this (tribute to RHCP...)
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Quit using this board for your "free advertising". The mods need to lock you out.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Snake wrote:
    The singer sounds kinda like Scott Weiland singing kinda like Eddie Vedder. :D
    Instruments sound cool though, not like PJ but cool. Kinda has a home recording sound to it.
    I personally think that a tribute shouldnt try to sound just like the band, but just play the bands songs in their own style while staying true to its original feel.

You are entitled to you opinion...but please try to remember that the vast majority of people that are at a tribute show on a given night are not diehards like you and I. They want a band that sounds (looks would be a bonus) like the band. Since most of those people probably have never seen PJ live, they only know the studio versions of songs so as a band starting out you kinda have to cater to that audience. You have to admit that in the 10/VS days Ed did sound a lot like what their lead singer sounds like. Not exactly, but not far off either.

I'm not in the band, but I've seen them many times and they are a lot of fun to watch. I've had people come up to me at the shows and tell me how much they like the band...dance floor banter and stuff. They may not be any of your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean that someone else won't enjoy them.

Lukin: No Code never comes to Canada so I'm sure they are great, but unless I come to New Jersey or something I'll never get a chance to see them. I'll take what I can get and the only Pearl Jam tribute in Toronto right now is Rearviewmirror and they are pretty darn good and really good guys to boot.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    I'm not in the band, but I've seen them many times and they are a lot of fun to watch. I've had people come up to me at the shows and tell me how much they like the band...dance floor banter and stuff. They may not be any of your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean that someone else won't enjoy them.

I agree ACC. I've seen these guys once here in london and they were pretty good. I enjoy anyone playing pearl jam music and sharing the Jam.

That's what this board used to be about. Back in binaural days, you know? Just talking about the band that we all loved.

But I digress.

Good cover band, hope they come back to london soon!
  • Options
    awakeawake Posts: 35
    Thanks ACC and Crown for the kind words.

for those of you who don't "get" tribute bands, here's the deal: Most bar owners and booking agents don't want original bands, they want top 40 bands and tribute bands, simply because they know more people will show up, stay longer, and drink more if they hear familiar music, or at least the music they were expecting to hear when they showed up.

So as a musician, after 15 years of writing and recording original music and playing in crappy bars on a Tuesday night with 3 other original acts, it's nice to headline on a Friday or Saturday at a large venue with a large stage, even if we are playing music someone else wrote.

Pearl Jam music is fun and challenging to play, but still has enough freedom to improvise and jam with. So many great songs, tags and cover tunes, we really have a lot of fun with it.

For me it's a night out with my friends playing live music, for you it's a chance to go out and have a few drinks and listen to your favourite tunes played live. If that's not cool with you, then we're ok with that too.

Just my two cents, I am the drummer in the band.

• Options
    Ron JeremyRon Jeremy Posts: 8
    That's the truth. Thank god PJ is still relevant enough for fans to feel the hunger for a tribute. It is about playing kick ass music, and I 'd much rather play "Alive" over Brown-eyed girl or Freebird on any given nite. I'm the former drummer for Evenflow.

http://www.pearljamband.com
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Ron Jeremy wrote:
    That's the truth. Thank god PJ is still relevant enough for fans to feel the hunger for a tribute. It is about playing kick ass music, and I 'd much rather play "Alive" over Brown-eyed girl or Freebird on any given nite. I'm the former drummer for Evenflow.

http://www.pearljamband.com

You can play freebird?? That is amazing..

As a part-time musician myself, I would be extremely bored in a project like this..no offense to you guys...I love Pearl Jam's music but to play these songs all the time, after having listened to them for the last 17 or so years, it would just be overkill. Even if I was in a cover band, I would rather play a variety of stuff than concentrate on one band.
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    eh, not so much. I miss Alive, that was my fave tribute band. =(

thanks for the love!

our page is still up, and we keep the PJ flowing...

http://www.myspace.com/pearljamtribute
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    awake wrote:
    for those of you who don't "get" tribute bands, here's the deal: Most bar owners and booking agents don't want original bands, they want top 40 bands and tribute bands, simply because they know more people will show up, stay longer, and drink more if they hear familiar music, or at least the music they were expecting to hear when they showed up.

So as a musician, after 15 years of writing and recording original music and playing in crappy bars on a Tuesday night with 3 other original acts, it's nice to headline on a Friday or Saturday at a large venue with a large stage, even if we are playing music someone else wrote.

Pearl Jam music is fun and challenging to play, but still has enough freedom to improvise and jam with. So many great songs, tags and cover tunes, we really have a lot of fun with it.
    You haters are just too much ... this ^^^ is right on.

I play all styles of guitar, and would love to have a project for fun covering PJ with the chops these guys have. The music sounds pretty grounded and quite excellent to me.

Regarding the singer: it's all in the phrasing and inflection, and he's got that in spades.

sheesh ...
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    i never did understand the whole cover band thing... especially when the band being covered is still around...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Cover bands are good for the average listener... Not for people like us.
  • Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    why does every tribute band have scott stapp on vocals?