Options

Not finding anyone to buy extra ticket

Steck NationSteck Nation Posts: 8
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Just curious if anybody has been in the situation where they bought a pair of 10C tickets and could not find anybody to buy the extra ticket so they ended up going alone. I had bought 10C tickets for both Camden shows but am finding that those who orginally could go are now backing out. I still want to go and was wondering if anybody was in the same situation where they could not find anybody to buy the extra 10C ticket but still went by themselves. Dont mind eating the cost of the extra ticket but just making sure I am not the only one who has done this. Did not know where else to post this
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BigballsBigballs Posts: 44
    Just curious if anybody has been in the situation where they bought a pair of 10C tickets and could not find anybody to buy the extra ticket so they ended up going alone. I had bought 10C tickets for both Camden shows but am finding that those who orginally could go are now backing out. I still want to go and was wondering if anybody was in the same situation where they could not find anybody to buy the extra 10C ticket but still went by themselves. Dont mind eating the cost of the extra ticket but just making sure I am not the only one who has done this. Did not know where else to post this

Which show bro??
    Broken Heart don't feel so bad, ain't got half of what you thought you had".
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Hang out at the 10c window for a little bit.. some PJ fan will always come by a soak up the ticket for face..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Or at the pre-party...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    cantomscantoms Posts: 49
    Tom K wrote:
    Hang out at the 10c window for a little bit.. some PJ fan will always come by a soak up the ticket for face..

That's what I had to do in WPB since the punks I had made arrangements to sell to didn't show up. Within seconds, I was able to unload my leftover ticket for face even though the person was willing to pay more.
  • Options
    playc3playc3 Posts: 9
    I went alone to Hamilton Ontario 2years ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life. In some ways it's even better than bringing someone because you don't have to worry at all about someone else having a good time or not, depending on their love for the band and you know it's hard to find people who love them like we do. It feels like PJ is just performing for you and...well like 20,000 other people but you get my drift. I felt a little awkward about it at first, admittedly, but dude no one had any clue that i was there by myself and then i ended up just having a great time with the people seated around me. Honestly probably the 2nd best of the shows I've attended just for the sheer joy of being able to get into the music by myself. if you can't find a buyer, definitely do it alone. and have fun.
    "i'll take the varmint's path..
    oh and i must refuse your test.."
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    Same happened for me in WPB and Tampa. No worries man
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    Guarantee you can find someone at the venue to take it off your hands...

That said, I am a big fan of going to concerts on my own...

It's a very personal experience for me anyway, and I like to just be in my own mind and self, not worrying about logistics of another person the whole time
  • Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    Im stuck in that spot now- extra ticket for Camden 1.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    kimanikimani Posts: 16
    i'm there too for thursday. coming down from new york city. i like going to shows by myself though. i'd rather not eat the ticket but if i do, so be it... i'm going to see pearl jam on thursday rain snow alone together it doesn't matter.

it's too loud to talk anyhow. and everyone around you will be having fun. get some beer and sing along.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    I went to holmdel by myself.........that turned out amazing
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    I've gone alone but then a buddy is also a 10c member and we are usually near each other. There might be 3 of us on 4 tix. Get rid of an extra by the 10c window. Don't walk to far into the crowd. Scalpers everywhere and you can't always tell they are a scalper.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee