Options

Anyone in the Chicagoland Area get theirs yet?

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited September 2009 in The Porch
I'm at work and won't know until later on. My guess is NO bc we have the WORST Post Service of any city in the country.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anyone?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i won't know until i get home after work.

the postal service is the least of your worries if you live in chicago. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    I checked this morning and it wasn't there, I'll check again when I get home.
  • Options
    Yep, got mine yesterday..... I downloaded it after hearing my vinyl would not be here by release date, even though the record shop I frequent has a box of them.

I love PJ but Im not about to pay twice for the same album.

Sorry 10C, bad business.
  • Options
    Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    What record store, if I may ask? I live on the north-ish side. Thanks!
  • Options
    No cd yet..but the mailman hasn't come yet today.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Yep, got mine yesterday..... I downloaded it after hearing my vinyl would not be here by release date, even though the record shop I frequent has a box of them.

I love PJ but Im not about to pay twice for the same album.

Sorry 10C, bad business.

so instead of being patient, you went agaist the band's wish's and illegally downloaded it.

sorry ofthegirl, bad call.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The mailman didn't bring mine today. :-( Maybe tomorrow!
  • Options
    just checked the box and nothing!
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    Mailman came and went and no cd. Sucks that it has actually passed over Chicago area and has been delivered even farther East. Guess the farther away you live the sooner you get it.
  • Options
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    Mailman came and went and no cd. Sucks that it has actually passed over Chicago area and has been delivered even farther East. Guess the farther away you live the sooner you get it.

ya No kidding people in Philly and Virginia have them already. damn you USPS!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    just checked the box and nothing!

Shit. I was hoping for a nice surprise in the mailbox when I got home from work. Hopefully it will be there tomorrow for a great start to the weekend.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,441
    Those in Philly and Virginia had theirs mailed a day earlier.
    zip codes 0-3 mailed Monday
    4-6 mailed Tuesday
    7-9 mailed Wednesday
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    clockistotimeclockistotime Los Angeles, CA Posts: 249
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Those in Philly and Virginia had theirs mailed a day earlier.
    zip codes 0-3 mailed Monday
    4-6 mailed Tuesday
    7-9 mailed Wednesday

beat me to it, haha.
    "one man stands the edge of the ocean
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    in the dark before the dawn..."
    "i am a donut"
  • Options
    Any updates chitowners?
  • Options
    No album for me..I live near St.Louis,Mo...

I really truly find it hard to believe that my album was sent off Tuesday...I could be wrong?...But, sure seems like four days is a long time for shipping from Seattle,Wa..Thats if it shows up in the mail tomorrow?

Hope it comes in the mail tomorrow...
  • Options

I really truly find it hard to believe that my album was sent off Tuesday...I could be wrong?...But, sure seems like four days is a long time for shipping from Seattle,Wa..Thats if it shows up in the mail tomorrow?

In my experience it takes at least a good five days or so minimum to send or receive anything from here to the west coast or vise versa unless it is overnighted, 2nd day air, etc.

Hopefully I am pleasently surprised though since again, people farther east have already received theirs.
  • Options
    Laf9124 wrote:
    What record store, if I may ask? I live on the north-ish side. Thanks!

Daves Records on Clark, but he isnt selling them until he opens on Sunday.
  • Options
    Gvn2fly wrote:

In my experience it takes at least a good five days or so minimum to send or receive anything from here to the west coast or vise versa unless it is overnighted, 2nd day air, etc.

Hopefully I am pleasently surprised though since again, people farther east have already received theirs.

Fan out east have received their copy already..Because it was sent off Monday..So, if it was sent off Monday and they got them Wed or Thurs...Sure got there fast...
  • Options
    UPDATE!!

Just got it in the mailbox! Chicago NW burbs.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,441
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    UPDATE!!

Cool! Anyone else in Chicago area get their yet? I wont be able to check until 530.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    UPDATE!!

thats the second confirmed Chicagoland. MVF recieved his in teh Northern burbs.

hopefully mine is in the mailbox when i get home. i must admit, i expect it to be there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks OTG99. Haven't gotten mine yet today, but the mail hasn't come here yet. Hopefully since everyone else in town is getting theirs, today's the day!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    81 wrote:
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    UPDATE!!

thats the second confirmed Chicagoland. MVF recieved his in teh Northern burbs.

hopefully mine is in the mailbox when i get home. i must admit, i expect it to be there.

I'm expecting it too. I'm on the far NW side by O'Hare. Please be there when I get home!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    the mail has arrived (north suburbs) and it was NOT in there, so temper your hopes before you check those mailboxes. hopefully tomorrow, but I wont have time to listen to it until sunday morning.

go bears :(
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Got mine in the SW 'burbs today!
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Chicago, downtown, shipped to the office. Woohoo!
  • Options
    so three confirms and one negative. i like my chances. :lol:

if i get it, i'd invite given to fly over to listen to it, but it appears he is a cubs fan and i have a strict limit on the number of cubs fans allowed in my house. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    81 wrote:
    so three confirms and one negative. i like my chances. :lol:

if i get it, i'd invite given to fly over to listen to it, but it appears he is a cubs fan and i have a strict limit on the number of cubs fans allowed in my house. :mrgreen:

that's ok, I'd have an inferiority complex anyways since I didnt go to THE Ohio State University.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I'm in Des Plaines and it's IN! I can't to blast it through my speakers :)