Options

Liam Finn and Animal From Muppets

PearlybakerPearlybaker Posts: 207
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Separated at birth?

It was all I could think about when I saw this cat the other night.
"Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Separated at birth?

HAHA I hope he gets to read this...I think someone else compared the 2. All I'll say is that dude's got a LOT of energy. So does EJ!!
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    You are so right, that is great. Did you like him? I thought he was flippin' amazing and can't wait to see him again.
  • Options
    I'm not sure - I'm still processing. Every song started out real poppy and then took a major turn somewhere along the way. Definately cool to see live - not sure if I'd buy the album.

Well worth seeing - I was third row in Boston and thought this guys going to break some sticks - he wails on the drums.
    "Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fuckin' quarter up here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck, you're blowin' it for fuckin' everybody. Hit me with a fuckin' quarter again and, fuck it, I'm outta here. We're all outta here. Fuck you, and if anyone sees someone throw fuckin' change right next to them, you have my permission to beat the fuckin' holy shit outta them."
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Separated at birth?

It's funny how many people said that at the show. It's dead on.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    That is hilarous. Also, when he came out to play "society" with Eddie I couldn't help but think he actually looked like Chris McCandless, who Emile Hirsch played in "Into the Wild."
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    Separated at birth?

who says 'cat' anymore? ha! regardless of physical appearance, 'i'll be lightining' is solid gold brutha!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    animal from the muppets was created in the likeness of Mick Fleetwood.i heard Jim Henson's son say it on some show about the muppets.
  • Options
    Separated at birth?

HAHA...totally cracked me up. thanks for the laugh. I loved him on the drums. made me wish i could play them.
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    he actually looked like Chris McCandless, who Emile Hirsch played in "Into the Wild."

i think you are right actually...he did have a similarity...
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    Separated at birth?

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!
  • Options
    animal from the muppets was created in the likeness of Mick Fleetwood.i heard Jim Henson's son say it on some show about the muppets.

I thought it was Keith Moon
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    I thought it was Keith Moon

nope
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    they both play the drums!!!!!!!
    i like sound...
  • Options
    jonoponojonopono Posts: 80
    they both play the drums!!!!!!!

so does my little brother, but i doubt Animal was based on him. ;)
    Rise. Life is in motion. I'm stuck in line.
    Oh rise. You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    jonoponojonopono Posts: 80
    jonopono wrote:
    so does my little brother, but i doubt Animal was based on him. ;)

HAHA! And with that post, I just went from Ghost to Animal. :)
    Rise. Life is in motion. I'm stuck in line.
    Oh rise. You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I'm not sure - I'm still processing. Every song started out real poppy and then took a major turn somewhere along the way. Definately cool to see live - not sure if I'd buy the album.

Well worth seeing - I was third row in Boston and thought this guys going to break some sticks - he wails on the drums.

I really like the album. On the live show, I enjoyed, but I feel iffy about the pre-recorded parts.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    for a guy who said he was feelin pretty mellow, he was all kinds of wacked the F out.

any suggestions on which of his CDs to buy at the show? i think there was one live and one studio? last night totally turned me on to his sound and style...absolutely looking forward to tonight....i can only pray that the 10C gods will give me the same seats or better tonight...7th row was the SHIZNIT!!
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08