Options

Is face value face anymore??

CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I mean come on by the time you get the~80 ticket with fees shipping handling(as he strokes himself) your up to like ~110. They should revamp the systems and get everything bundle and then tell you what the price is....oh and btw these ticket crooks are now charging a 1 extra if you pay by debit..and get this they dont even mention it... youll just see a 1 deducted from your account...SO IS FACE FACE ANYMORE???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    I mean come on by the time you get the~80 ticket with fees shipping handling(as he strokes himself) your up to like ~110. They should revamp the systems and get everything bundle and then tell you what the price is....oh and btw these ticket crooks are now charging a 1 extra if you pay by debit..and get this they dont even mention it... youll just see a 1 deducted from your account...SO IS FACE FACE ANYMORE???
    I just factor in the screwcharges up front.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    No, only Ticketmaster and the 10C (and scalpers) are allowed to sell for above "face value".
    "One just escapes, one's left inside the well... and he who forgets will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    No, only Ticketmaster and the 10C (and scalpers) are allowed to sell for above "face value".
    Sad but true..actually come to think of it if I had an 80 tic and after fees its like 110..but the face says 80 shouldnt i be able to sell it for 110?
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Cupofjoe wrote:
    Sad but true..actually come to think of it if I had an 80 tic and after fees its like 110..but the face says 80 shouldnt i be able to sell it for 110?
    Yes...

Whenever I've had extras I sell them for the exact amount I paid. So if the tickets were $75+$25 in fees I sell them for $100. There is NOTHING wrong with that - I'm not making a penny... and its better another fan gets them and not a scalper who will sell the $100 tickets for $150-$200.
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    Yes...

Whenever I've had extras I sell them for the exact amount I paid. So if the tickets were $75+$25 in fees I sell them for $100. There is NOTHING wrong with that - I'm not making a penny... and its better another fan gets them and not a scalper who will sell the $100 tickets for $150-$200.
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind cause I have lost money inpast doing that just because I didnt want the person to think I was scalping.
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Yeah, if it cost you $110 when it's all said and done, then it's fair to ask for that. Just as long as you're not going above and beyond that price.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Theoretically, you can still buy an $80 face ticket for $80...if you go to the box office, and that particular venue does not tack on the dreaded "facitlity charge"...its a long shot, but can still happen.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    i have many pair of tickets that i can't go, which i would sell for face, half price, even give them out for free. i'm crazy like that.

i did a 2 for 1 for pearl jam nyc night 1 last month.

do i loose money? yep. but in the end, i'm putting a smile on a face, which is what i want to see. cause my life is a wreck as it is. so it various from time to time ...
  • Options
    ashtrayrockashtrayrock Posts: 167
    I've sold tickets before at face plus service charges. Most people are happy to get the ticket(s) and there is no way that I should have to absorb service charges just because there's a slim possibility that i will "look bad" cause I'm not selling for exact face value!

To me face value includes service charges.
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • Options
    I've sold tickets before at face plus service charges. Most people are happy to get the ticket(s) and there is no way that I should have to absorb service charges just because there's a slim possibility that i will "look bad" cause I'm not selling for exact face value!

To me face value includes service charges.
    Good!! Cause I am happy to provide ticket but who wants to loose money?? If I was trump yeah I wouldnt care. :)