The "Singles" movie look back on Two Feet Thick, What if....

MK186319MK186319 Posts: 186
edited November 2009 in The Porch
How cool would it be to actually live in that apartment building, and it is still painted the same way as it was in the movie. I wonder if you really need to be single to live their? and the people who do live their has it made!!!!!!!!! http://www.twofeetthick.com/2009/09/thi ... -they-now/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Awful awful movie. Love Pearl Jam, hate the film. :shock:
  • Yeah. it's pretty bad and cheesy.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Are you people high?

Singles was a good movie. Sure, Cameron Crowe has made better, but that's only because he's a bad ass.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • I don't understand why Two Feet Thick left out Matt Cameron who is included in this retrospective: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/galleries/wheres_the_cast_of_singles_now/wheres_the_cast_of_singles_now.html#ph28 (Page 29)
    http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/08/21/gal_s_matt-cameron.jpg
    Thayil reunited with former bandmates Matt Cameron, above, and Shepherd and for the first time this past March at Seattle’s Crocodile Café and played Soundgarden tracks. Cameron became a permanent member of Pearl Jam in 1998.
  • What a terrible article. There is almost something incorrect with every piece of it.
    NERDS!
  • FeiracoFeiraco Posts: 255
    I recently watched the movie on DVD. I watched it before in the 1990s, and wasn't too impressed back then. And I certainly wasn't impressed now. Sure, movies should be seen in their context and decade in which they were released. But, on the other hand, some movies have grown over time. This one hasn't for me. It's fun to see Vedder, Gossard en Ament in some scenes. But their acting is as mediocre as the movie is.
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • Aaron 23Aaron 23 Posts: 543
    I enjoyed that movie. Sure, it is cheesy...but I think growing up in that area helped, for sure. His traffic proposals, the cultural references, etc, all stuff that I grew up with. Also, that little African American kid that was with him when he learned about sperm and called it spam, I went to school with him for six years...good times. :lol:
  • think it's an okay movie-more so in the context of when it was made but you can't beat it for shwcasing great music of then! Acting wise I guess Eddie's performance is better in Walk Hard :lol:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Feiraco wrote:
    It's fun to see Vedder, Gossard en Ament in some scenes. But their acting is as mediocre as the movie is.

It's hilarious to me that you are actually judging their acting skills. :lol:

Nothing beats Stone's "Hi Janet" in my book. :mrgreen:
  • I looove that movie, even if it is cheeezy....and I would say nothing beats Jeff's, "While we're young" haha i looove it. "A compliment for us is a compliment for you"...I used to rewind that part over and over to watch Eddie ha
    I miss you alreddie.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    BeeGirl86 wrote:
    I looove that movie, even if it is cheeezy....and I would say nothing beats Jeff's, "While we're young" haha i looove it. "A compliment for us is a compliment for you"...I used to rewind that part over and over to watch Eddie ha

PMSL...I was going to say EXACTLY the same thing!..." A Compliment for you...is a compliment for us " YEP same here! ! !...USED to rewind it OVER! and OVER!...as well as JEFF saying that "Move your truck line" lol ;)