I've never been to a Pearl Jam show

BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Yup, that right, not one. Been a fan for a very long time (im 19) but for various reasons I have never been able to get to a show, not even the Hartford show last US tour (I live in CT). That being said, when I opened up my email today and saw a Pearl Jam 08 tour with a Hartford show, I can honestly say it was one of my happiest moments. I can't wait and I just pray that I am able to get tickets.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• good luck, and you are in for some serious awesomeness!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    My first PJ show was at the Astoria, London, where Ed was just a few feet away from me. Awesome occasion.
    If you want to see them on this 08 tour then there's no reason why you won't.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Hey, good for you. good luck with the tickets, and have fun.

happy for ya. and if for some crazy reason you would get to chat with the guys, send em to Cincy for me okay?

congrats.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • ozcharlieozcharlie Posts: 91
    awsome man, i'll see ya there...you'll never forget your first Pearl Jam show...the problem is before you know it it'll be over. Its heaps different to listening to boots....way way better...
    well you know the pendulum throws
    farther out to the one side, swinging
    has to sweep back the other way
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I'll probably be going to the Hartford show because I driven to Bradley airport a few times before.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Thanks guys. I'm gonna try to get to at least 1 other show if I can. I'm in college so money is an issue but I'm going to do my best. I can't remember a time where I've been this excited.
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    I hope you get front fuckin' row!

Cheers!
  • I've only been to one but I'm going to get to go to two(!) shows this summer.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Benzor wrote:
    Yup, that right, not one. Been a fan for a very long time (im 19) but for various reasons I have never been able to get to a show, not even the Hartford show last US tour (I live in CT). That being said, when I opened up my email today and saw a Pearl Jam 08 tour with a Hartford show, I can honestly say it was one of my happiest moments. I can't wait and I just pray that I am able to get tickets.

you are gonna love it!!!! as mentioned you will never forget your first one. dont go too drunk, take it all in......
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Benzor wrote:

my first PJ show was may of 06 and this is where i owned all of their albums but didnt know that many b sides and shit. your first show will be great... i remember hearing evenflow and thinking the chorus sounded EXACTLY like the studio version.... hopefully your first show will sound as great. now of course evenflow sounds nothing like it used to, but for a first timer it may, as will the other songs. cant wait for my 2nd and 3rd at MSG in june!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09