Options

Question about Pearl Jam vinyl

EisiEisi Posts: 61
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Ok so i searched the forums and couldn't actually find a good answer to this question so here goes.

I collect LP's, specially from my favorite artists. Doesn't matter if they're rare or not, i just buy the wax i want. I don't bother with first pressings and i don't care if it´s re-released or imported or whatever.

So far i got Ten, Vs., Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Riot Act, Pearl Jam, Lost Dogs and Into the wild from the mouth watering, ever surprising Pearl Jam catalogue.

So here comes the question....

Why is it that Binaural goes for an insane amount of money?

Were there fewer copies made of Binaural than for example Vitalogy or No Code?

I only need Binaural to complete my collection of studio albums from PJ but the going rate of that record is just out of this world.

Any ideas as to why this is?
Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Hey there to a fellow vinyl collector! I am like you - I just want the albums I want. I don't obsess with first pressings and whatnot.

Good question about the Binaural-LP. I have no idea in the world why that one is so hard to find. The Live On Two Legs-LP is as hard to find as the Binaural one. Go figure. I was lucky enough to find them both a couple years ago; one on eBay for $45 and the other in a record store for $40. Both were still sealed.

You still need to add Binaural, LOTL, RVM, & Benaroya Hall to your PJ vinyl collection. ;)

Edit: and how terrific does Into The Wild sound on vinyl???? Holy shit - so much warmer and fuller sounding than the CD!!! I love it!
  • Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    There were fewer pressed for Binaural than anything previous, except maybe LO2L. I don't know about the albums that came after though. I would guess by the price that that is true though.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    EisiEisi Posts: 61
    aNiMaL wrote:
    You still need to add Binaural, LOTL, RVM, & Benaroya Hall to your PJ vinyl collection. ;)

Edit: and how terrific does Into The Wild sound on vinyl???? Holy shit - so much warmer and fuller sounding than the CD!!! I love it!

Well, if i decide to up and sell my car, my house and my soul then maybe i'll try for Benaroya...... :)

But in truth, i´m only collecting the studio albums as of now witch are ten, vs, vitalogy, no code, yeild, Bi-ffffing-naural, riot act and Pearl Jam.

Maybe someday i´ll go for Lo2l, RVM and Benaroya :)

But your right. Into the wild sounds like heaven on the turntable :)
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    binaural is the only one i need too....everytime i want to buy it, i would rather spend the 100$ on the let me sleep fc single. then i just get neither and spend the money on something else...one day, binaural shall be mine. its my fav album and i dont have it the way it was meant to be heard :(:(sad:(:(
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 236
    i hear ya. i finally forked over the $ last year and added Binaural to the collection.
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Options
    binaural is the only one i need too....everytime i want to buy it, i would rather spend the 100$ on the let me sleep fc single. then i just get neither and spend the money on something else...one day, binaural shall be mine. its my fav album and i dont have it the way it was meant to be heard :(:(sad:(:(

Yeah, i have LO2L, RVM and Benaroya too... just need Binaural
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC