Anybody seen this? (pj vinyl)

EisiEisi Posts: 61
edited February 2008 in The Porch
So i was browsing through this flea market in Reykjavik called Kolaportið and stumbled upon this Pearl Jam vinyl that i hadn't seen before, snapped it up for about 20$....

Was wondering if anybody here had seen it before, if it was worth anything... not that i´m looking to sell it, would never part with any of my Pearl Jam vinyl.

links to pics of the record:

http://myndir.bloggar.is/myndir/223/108/47a6157f04fa8.jpg (side 1)

http://myndir.bloggar.is/myndir/223/108/47a6157fc0b84.jpg (side 2)
Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Nope... I've never seen that, but it sure looks wicked awesome!

Does it have a production date on it somewhere?
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    That's just phenomenal. Nice little treasure you stumbled across!
  • EisiEisi Posts: 61
    moses562 wrote:
    Nope... I've never seen that, but it sure looks wicked awesome!

Does it have a production date on it somewhere?

Nope, no production date, only says that it´s made in Italy.

I´m guessing that it´s not that old, maybe 5 years top, it´s just in to good condition to be any older
  • Thanks for posting. That looks way cool. Hope you enjoy it!
  • I'd bet there is nothing official about it. Probably not worth anything. It's interesting though.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • I have the same one! but when i listened to it, it was not pearl jam. it was some metal band. i guess they pressed the wrong music on there. did you play it? how is it?
  • EisiEisi Posts: 61
    I have the same one! but when i listened to it, it was not pearl jam. it was some metal band. i guess they pressed the wrong music on there. did you play it? how is it?

I played it like 5 minuets ago, definatly PJ... It´s all live songs, sounds fine, not as good as the studio albums though.

Still, great find and i think it´s a good addition to my collection :)
  • Eisi wrote:
    So i was browsing through this flea market in Reykjavik called Kolaportið and stumbled upon this Pearl Jam vinyl that i hadn't seen before, snapped it up for about 20$....

Was wondering if anybody here had seen it before, if it was worth anything... not that i´m looking to sell it, would never part with any of my Pearl Jam vinyl.

links to pics of the record:

http://myndir.bloggar.is/myndir/223/108/47a6157f04fa8.jpg (side 1)

http://myndir.bloggar.is/myndir/223/108/47a6157fc0b84.jpg (side 2)

It's probably an unofficial bootleg. I like it, it's cool how they pressed that pic of Ed on it :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • UndieTaker wrote:
    I'd bet there is nothing official about it...

Particularly since it says only Eddie wrote Footsteps... :rolleyes:
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Yes, I have this album. Found it at a comic/record show a long time ago. One side is a live pearl jam show, the other side is some other band, definitely not PJ. The vinyl still looks cool though.

OH...and are you from Reyjavik? I've visited there and have good friends that live there... David Albertsson and Tina Thordalvsdottir. I love it in Iceland and hope to visit again. I'm the guy that had the letter in the Deep magazine like 1-2 years ago about getting Pearl Jam to visit Iceland.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Particularly since it says only Eddie wrote Footsteps... :rolleyes:

Jesus, does that really matter? It's a bootleg. Do you think whoever made that investigated the song writers of each song when coming up with a title?
  • Evensteven wrote:
    Yes, I have this album. Found it at a comic/record show a long time ago. One side is a live pearl jam show, the other side is some other band, definitely not PJ. The vinyl still looks cool though.

OH...and are you from Reyjavik? I've visited there and have good friends that live there... David Albertsson and Tina Thordalvsdottir. I love it in Iceland and hope to visit again. I'm the guy that had the letter in the Deep magazine like 1-2 years ago about getting Pearl Jam to visit Iceland.
    PJ in iceland would be incredible... i was just watching the new sigur ros movie the other night and thinking it would be incredible to see PJ in an outdoor venue there... start the petition and ill buy my plane ticket! :D

and cool vinyl btw! (id probably just frame the eddie side)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • I have had my copy for at least 12 years it has PJ on both sides paid $30.00 for it back then.

i have seen the mispressed copies go for about $60-$80. on ebay(worth more for some reason) It might be megadeath on the mispressed copies.
  • I've never seen that one before, but it looks pretty sweet. Enjoy that!
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    who cares if it's offical or not, looks awesome!
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    It was some northern Europe unofficial boot from I think 1992 in like den haag or utrecht somthing like that

it comes up on ebay from time to time, I have been looking for the description, but can't find it. I'll post a link if I ever do, it was on some website

might be a picture disc called a footstep in Paradise (pretty sure it is this)
    WHY GO, DEEP, ALIVE, FOOTSTEPS, ANIMAL, RITFW, MASTERS OF WAR, HUNGERSTRIKE, MY GENERATION, BABA O-RILEY

might be this you'll have to confirm:
    Label: The Swingin' Pig
    Catalog#: TSP 129
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Unofficial Release, Coloured
    Released: 1993
    Submitted by: jotanar
    Tracklisting:
    A1 Oceans
    A2 Black
    A3 Alive
    A4 Once
    A5 You
    B1 Deep
    B2 Drop The Leaves (Leash)
    B3 Meaningless
    B4 Porch
    B5 Garden
    B6 Rocking In The Free World
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Sweet find!! I have never seen that before.