Options

Live performance of Long Road w/Ed/Jeff/Stone/Nusrat...?

alexross42alexross42 Posts: 367
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Hey, can anybody provide any info on this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNoeoyckSQ

It's Ed, Jeff, Stone (i think - not too clear a picture!) and some other musicians, one of which I'm sure is Nusrat F. A. K, however there's no info about when/where/how this performance took place - pretty sweet though!

Thanks,
Ross.
My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    From what I understand, this was a promotional concert for the film Dead Man Walking. Other bands played too, the only of which I can recall right now is Tom Waits.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 367
    Ah, thanks mate. I did some research and found this nugget of info, which would suggest that this is most probably where the footage is from:

"Sony Home Video / BMG will be releasing the DVD of "Not in our Name - Dead Man Walking: The Concert" in conjunction with the re-release of the film's highly acclaimed soundtrack album which features such artists as; Eddie Vedder, Lyle Lovett, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Steve Earle, Michelle Shocked, Dave Robbins and Nusrat Fate Ali Kahn. The DVD features; Eddie Vedder & Jeff Ahmet of Pearl Jam, Lyle Lovett, Ani DeFranco, Tom Waits, Steve Earle, Dave Robbins, John Densmore, (The Doors), Nusrat Fate Ali Kahn, Dildar Hussain, Tim Robbins and Sister Helen Prejean.

"This is one of those special nights that will never happen again," said Tim Robbins prior to the sold out show at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California. The evenings' presentation was produced by ActiveMusic and boroadcast live on the Internet by Alan Ames and Associates and Worldlink, but has never been seen by the general public untill now."
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    That's Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan singing at the concert. His uncle and teacher, Nasrat Fateh Ali Khan, had died between the time of the movie and the concert.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nusrat_Fateh_Ali_Kahn

Netflix has it, too. "Not In Our Name: Dead Man Walking the Concert"
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    In that performance that's Ed, Jeff, Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Dildar Hussain, John Densmore, and David Robbins. Sorry, no Stone.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too