Options

Just Breathe

jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
edited September 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just figured out how to play this song it's pretty fun and easy (if you're decent at fingerpicking). I'm still trying to figure out The End but haven't had any luck.
"There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    care to share what you've figured out?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i read it's the same chords as tuolumne..
    i can play that.
    whats the pattern?
  • Options
    I finger pick the same as Toulumne. Just finger pick a C and alternate with your pinky on the 3rd fret of the high E string.

Then a G chord and you finger pick and alternate B and E strings. And then play the B string open once before switching back to C.

Then during stay with me, let's just breathe it's the same but a C and then F chord. With the F Chord switching this way. Hopefully this isn't too confusing, just mess around on the high strings and you will figure it out.

1 3
    1 1
    2 2
    3 3
    - -
    - -
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    thanks for takin the time.
    i'm gonna mess around with it when i get home.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    jordn6971 wrote:
    I finger pick the same as Toulumne. Just finger pick a C and alternate with your pinky on the 3rd fret of the high E string.

Then a G chord and you finger pick and alternate B and E strings. And then play the B string open once before switching back to C.

Then during stay with me, let's just breathe it's the same but a C and then F chord. With the F Chord switching this way. Hopefully this isn't too confusing, just mess around on the high strings and you will figure it out.

1 3
    1 1
    2 2
    3 3
    - -
    - -
    For those who need help... the 'did I say that I need you, did I say that I want you' part is alternating between a G and a Dm twice, followed by an F, and then I've been playing it with a Dm, then immediately by a C9, followed by a G, then G7.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1