Some "Mike" guitar sound help....

joewalshdcjoewalshdc Posts: 948
edited September 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ive just watched this video and am absolutely blown away by it...although, i cant quite put my finger on what effects/pedals Mike is using through his solo's here...The sound I'm really talking about is from 2:12 onwards in this video...Can anyone shed some light for me please? Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BlueyXoyg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mainly some pretty harsh, fuzzy distortion, a wha and a LOT of delay.
  • One of my favorite versions. I spent a lot of time trying to find this stuff out.

Delay: Analog delay (Go for the Carbon Copy)
    Distortion: He's got some fuzz and a ton of overdrive. You can probably get it with an type of fuzz and overdrive combo.
    Vibes: I'd go with the Phase 90 or the BBE Soulvibe. Maybe even a rotovibe.
    And, of course, wah.

You'll wanna switch which pickups are being used (Neck, middle) during the solo and quiet parts. Also, the volume knob is used a lot, in that.

Hope this helps
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • One of my favorite versions. I spent a lot of time trying to find this stuff out.

Delay: Analog delay (Go for the Carbon Copy)
    Distortion: He's got some fuzz and a ton of overdrive. You can probably get it with an type of fuzz and overdrive combo.
    Vibes: I'd go with the Phase 90 or the BBE Soulvibe. Maybe even a rotovibe.
    And, of course, wah.

You'll wanna switch which pickups are being used (Neck, middle) during the solo and quiet parts. Also, the volume knob is used a lot, in that.

Hope this helps

Awesome thanks man