Options

What would you have the band sign?

pjallipjalli Posts: 129
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Apologies in advance as I'm sure this has been discussed many times in the past...

kmrock's inspiring life story and his totally amazing polaroids w/ Ed and Mike (http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=291838) got me wondering what i would want the band to sign if i ever got the chance to meet them. i love the signed polaroid (http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn164/kmrok/), it's just so freakin' cool, but what else would you pick?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    One of the albums, probably. The CD itself, not the case. Vs. would be perfect for that with it's solid orange CD. Maybe one of the concert posters, that'd be cool!
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    I actually brought a bunch of stuff with me for the Camden I and II shows because my girl and I spent the weekend in Philly so we figured we had a slim chance of seeing them over the weekend. I brought:

Place/date book. There's a bunch of places to sign in there
    Into the wild cd for Ed to sign
    Austrian version of Ten
    and my Camden 9/2/2000 bootleg. I was at that show and it was my birthday!
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Anything I happened to have on me at the time!!! LOL

I would say my ideal scenario would be a poster...

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Vs. would be perfect for that with it's solid orange CD.
    I like that idea.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    EisiEisi Posts: 61
    My Martin & Co acoustic guitar. Or my manboobs...............................................................................

Naaaaa... i'll stick with the guitar :)
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I have enough autographed stuff....I would like to be in picture with the dudes.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tenforthewintenforthewin Posts: 177
    I'd have Matt sign my Badmotorfinger CD. hehe
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    somewhere in the Vitalogy liner notes, maybe the "healthy stomach" page
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    I would have them sign the songwriter royalty rights to all of TEN over to me.

Ka-ching!
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Such a hard question to answer because really the only time you can catch them to get something autographed would be after a show..and do you really want to be taking a prized possession into the show with you. So you would really have to strategically park somewhere close to the venue that way you can run back to your car and pick up the item you want autographed.

For me, I've gotten a few posters signed (Benaroya Hall and the EV solo gig after the Santa Cruz show) as well as some ticket stubs and my tambourine that I got from a '03 Vegas show. I still kick myself in the ass for not bringing my tambourine back down with me after the Benaroya gig because I would of loved to have Eddie sign that piece (only Jeff and Mike are on there now), but it was pouring down rain and I didn't want the tambourine to get ruined. And as it always is with my luck the rain stopped shortly after I left the hotel about a block into walking back to the venue...ugh!

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    Got them on these LPs in Philly when they were around.
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk9/flyinwhole313/DSC02809.jpg
    This baby's complete! LOVE it!
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk9/flyinwhole313/DSC02808.jpg
    just need Jeff, Matt, and Boom
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Not really into autographs, but as soon as I read the title of this I had a few thoughts of where, I mean what I would have them sign :D
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    My copy of Vitalogy.....the book not the cd or album.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    have a look at my myspace page referedto below in my signiture.
    Eds friends with a friend of mine Mark Richards ( 4 times world surfing champ)
    I had Mark shape me a surfboard ( originaly for my use) and as we both are cronic PJ fans I asked if he could get the stickman as artwork on the fin side.
    at the same time as the board was being completed a few things happened
    1st my little one( princess age 2) got her first hospitalisation for Cystic Fibrosis ( 2 weeks quarantined in her room)
    2nd PJ anounced an australian tour.
    I asked at that stage if there was any chance of ed visiting mark that maybe he could get the board signed. he at first hesitated but then agreed to try.
    3rd PJ decided to play newcastle after a petition was put out and Mark asked Ed to come to his home town. ( me and princess were on the petition in the 400's somewhere)
    When they played in Newcastle, Ed asked Mark to write a setlist. he created a bloody beauty choc full of rarities. Ed then spent the night at marks place and the board was signed that night.
    I sold it on Ebay on the anniversary of the show and rasied $1.500 for CF charities.
    but it did not end there. The board was actually bought by Quiksilver surf company and they have since had the board signed by 8 times world surfing champion Kelly Slater, current world champion Mick Fanning and many other fantastic surfers at the Quiksilver Pro in Queensland Australia earlier this year.
    they then returned it to me for me to sell again to raise yet more money. Other surf companys have put there hand up to buy it and do the same.
    Im yet to get it back out there, very busy with a new job exporting containers to china and Russia and have no time to get this happening. But Im gunna make this the starting point
    Im really not the type to get signitures, I was offered to meet Ed regarding this but declined. just signing the board was a big deal, he dosnt need yet another fan bothering him
    Having what I would call the only heroes ( guiding lights) ive had in my life "Ed and Mark" help me help the most inportant person in my life has been a life changing event.
    as a side I also got Mark to sign my newcastle poster as it was his night as ed called it THE MARK RICHARDS TRIANNUAL INVITATIONAL, it has pride of place on my dining room wall.
    peace all
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    StoneyChixStoneyChix Posts: 125
    I've had a few things signed by the band, I've gotten ALL the fan club singles (up until 98..cause that's when they were signed) signed, I've had Ten, Vs, Vitalogy & Yield signed, I've had a setlist that i got signed and on a more personal note I have a personal Diary which i had Mike, Stone & Ed sign for me...to my total surprise Ed put in a personal msg..which I now have framed with a few other momentoes from that 98' tour...Proudly hanging in my lvingroom!!!

Priceless in a Bizillion ways...can NEVER be replaced..will ALWAYS love & cherish it!!! :):)
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Once Devided that is an awesome story!
    I felt so good when we raised over $1600 at the Columbia pre show party for TTTS, Twin To Twin Transfusion Syndrome. My twins girls suffered form this and one of them still does. She had brain bleeds at birth and has severe health issues still. They will be 3 next month.
    Anyway Thanks for sharing your story.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    An employment contract, and a pledge to start playing a fuckload more shows in Europe when I move over there.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I sold it on Ebay on the anniversary of the show and rasied $1.500 for CF charities.
    but it did not end there. The board was actually bought by Quiksilver surf company and they have since had the board signed by 8 times world surfing champion Kelly Slater, current world champion Mick Fanning and many other fantastic surfers at the Quiksilver Pro in Queensland Australia earlier this year.
    they then returned it to me for me to sell again to raise yet more money. Other surf companys have put there hand up to buy it and do the same.
    Im yet to get it back out there, very busy with a new job exporting containers to china and Russia and have no time to get this happening. But Im gunna make this the starting point
    Oh my god that's beautiful :o . How's Princess doing now?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I dunno if I'd get my tambourine signed... I think it would ruin it ;)

Nah, it'd be cool to get it signed but it's not something I'd ever carry around with me... so not gonna happen. I'd much rather buy them a drink :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    I have a Yield wall hanging signed by Stone so I'd probably get the rest of the band to sign it aswell.
  • Options
    PRINCESS is going great guns thanks. she is going to be 5 in late september.
    she is a real handfull. she still love s listening to PJ boots but unfortunatly the wife has introduced whams wake me up b4 you gogo and that has replaced lukin as her fav song OOOHHH THE SHAME
    just 2 more throat swabs and she will be deemed infection free after 2 years of extra drugs and treatment.
    thanks mindi and helen
    :)
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    she is a real handfull. she still love s listening to PJ boots but unfortunatly the wife has introduced whams wake me up b4 you gogo and that has replaced lukin as her fav song OOOHHH THE SHAME
    just 2 more throat swabs and she will be deemed infection free after 2 years of extra drugs and treatment.
    thanks mindi and helen
    Is that really something you should be going around telling everyone? (wham) :D

That's brilliant... really really good news... let's hope it continues :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 129
    thanks mindi and helen

we can forgive her for the Wham, i think :)

so glad to hear that she is doing so well, she's lucky to have such a great dad!
  • Options
    SouthJam3SouthJam3 Posts: 3
    I would have a them sign a big Yield sign.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i have a Yield cd signed by Jeff.

some friends got mike to sign a place/date book for my birthday one year (next to the picture of him laying on the ground with guitar)

i also have a sign that i made for the 2000 tour. it says HI MIKE. i ran into him in memphis and had time to grab it out of car. he signed it "Hi Shaley, Michael McCready"

I have a picture with Ed and several with Mike. We ran into Mike in Toronto, and his wife pulled their polaroid camera out of their backpack and took a couple of pictures of us with mike. gave us one and kept one for themselves. i guess it would have been funny to have that signed.

mike once took a picture of a bunch of us with Smoosh at easy street. that was funny. "hey mike, would you mind taking a picture of us?"
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    if i had the chance i would have the whole band sign my Avacado vinyl
    and Ed sign my into the wild vinyl.

the Avacado was a special album for me. the wife had split, it was the first album after she left and the first album for my gf and i together, along with that tour it was her first shows!

plus i just think the album rocks, and its one of my fav's.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    My daughter's guitar. :)
  • Options
    pjalli wrote:
    we can forgive her for the Wham, i think :)

so glad to hear that she is doing so well, she's lucky to have such a great dad!

NO you can never forgive wham. NEVER EVER
    its bad enough I have to make up travelling CD with mixture of pj, soundgarden then wham, Joshua Kadison and brittany spears. I rather listen to the wiggles than that crapola. my wifes taste in music sucks it big time.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    A Chicago Cubs jersey
  • Options
    mensane wrote:
    I have a picture with Ed and several with Mike. We ran into Mike in Toronto, and his wife pulled their polaroid camera out of their backpack and took a couple of pictures of us with mike. gave us one and kept one for themselves. i guess it would have been funny to have that signed.
    :D Mike seriously has to be the coolest celeb EVER. :) I love it!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life