Options

5 Years & 4000

hidinghiding Posts: 290
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Dead

pray for the families and men and women dying for this country.

"I can see it coming" army reserve EV
one love

respect
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    worst of all is that they'll be at least (I stress "at least") a thousand more dead before it's all over.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    "Looking in the eyes of the fallen
    You got to know there is another, another, another, another, another...
    Way"

worldwide suicide -ev
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    This just makes me think of Fox news' latest bring down Barack Obama campaign. Apparently he once knew someone that said something negative about America so therefore he is not fit to be a Senator, let alone President. Funny thing is, a lot of people who hear this crap, repeat it, and apparently believe it because of Fox. How stupid. Anyway, this could effect who decides foreign policy in 09 believe it or not.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    So set up... the ten pins.
    As the human tide rolls in...
    Like a ball that's spinning.

Bombs,... dropping down....
    Overhead,... underground...
    It's instilled...to wanna live.

Bombs,... dropping down,...
    Please forgive,..our hometown...
    In our insignificance
    one love

respect
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,217
    October22 wrote:
    to be clear: they are not fighting for this country.

but yes, pray for them (if that's your thing) but let's not forget the wounded and all the dead, innocent iraqis

they are not fighting for this country?????
    Tell one of them that. Then duck. That is a f'n ridicuolus thing to say.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "Mission Accomplished" ............. my ass!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Did I stumble into the Moving Train by mistake? That's what I get for drunk message boarding ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    NeilJam wrote:

personally, I like that he bluntly said that rather than sugarcoating what their administration is really about like Bush does
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    AFJAMMERAFJAMMER Posts: 50
    October22 wrote:
    to be clear: they are not fighting for this country.

but yes, pray for them (if that's your thing) but let's not forget the wounded and all the dead, innocent iraqis

I am in the Military, and believe it or not we are fighting for the U.S. I don't want to start a political debate, but I do want to stress that we are fighting for the good of the world, and I wouldn't just go out to war if there was not a good reason. I agree with the rest of your post. And I believe you have some pretty big balls to even think that way. But than again we fight so asscracks can state their opinion as well. We are not prejudice

And as post #8 stated...

go ahead and see what happens...
    9/1/00
    5/28/06
    7/6/06
  • Options
    AFJAMMER wrote:
    I am in the Military, and believe it or not we are fighting for the U.S. I don't want to start a political debate, but I do want to stress that we are fighting for the good of the world, and I wouldn't just go out to war if there was not a good reason. I agree with the rest of your post. And I believe you have some pretty big balls to even think that way. But than again we fight so asscracks can state their opinion as well. We are not prejudice

And as post #8 stated...

go ahead and see what happens...

First off, Thank You, and secondly I do think it is for the good of the world. Of course I think that there are some people are benefiting more than others and the reasons that were given were not as truthful as I would have liked but if we came out from the start and said terrorism is a major problem for the future of our country and it is in our best interest for Iraq to be a strong democratic ally in the middle east, alot of countries would not have had our backs. but again thanks.

I know I will get ripped for it but that is just what I think, so whatever.

• Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    $$$, Oil, & Control..... and no one has terrorized this country more than our own government.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    $$$, Oil, & Control

get out there and do something about it then, run for office.

• Options
    ADogNamedPilateADogNamedPilate Texas, USA Posts: 291
    A God damned shame.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Options
    OK, some of you guys have problems with the way the government is running the war, that is different. Believe me when I say that every Soldier, Airmen, Marine, is fighting for our country. Please don't put any blame on the military guys fighting the war...

And, you don't have to see me when you go to your shows, just have a sign that you can wear(just like on die hard) that says f*** the military. I am sure that you would get applauded, maybe even the Band will see it, you might get BS passes. You say you are using your brain, if you think that the military (I don't mean the officials) are the ones keeping this war going, you need to study your current events...
    9/1/00
    5/28/06
    7/6/06
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    4Powers20 wrote:
    get out there and do something about it then, run for office.

somehow i think getting MSG tickets will be slightly harder.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    90 000 victimes ( mostly innocent people ) on the other side..

oh yeah, nobody really care about that ..
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    October22 wrote:
    dude...

you got me so wrong.

i don't know where to begin so i'm not even going to. i'm certain you're a good guy and there is no reason for us to argue in a thread meant to give us pause in remembrance of fallen soldiers. i apologize for my part in politicizing the topic.

PS: you will never see me wearing the sign you suggested because i do not hold that opinion. please go back and read my post for greater clarification.

peace

maybe you should just reword what you are trying to say when you wrote
    "they are not fighting for our country" picture yourself at a base.... ok picture the families around... ok 5 year olds are saying goodbye to mom or dad for 15 months to go fight in Iraq... after the mom or dad gets on the plane to go fight, you could tell that child that their parents are not fighting for America??? Do you think that the parents leaving are going over there just to kill Iraqis, or are they going over there so their children and our children can have better lives?

I understand you have issues with how the war is run and how long it has been, and how many people were K.I.A., that's a different story, my point is though that the Military is fighting for America... George Dubya may have a different objective but, there is only one in the minds and hearts of those who serve.

The many who have gave the greatest sacrifice did not fight for anything but America (families, friends, strangers, rights). They fought for our freedom, and they fought with pride because of the uniform that they wore everyday.
    9/1/00
    5/28/06
    7/6/06