Options

Backstage Passes

shocktrauma9shocktrauma9 Posts: 8
edited September 2009 in The Porch
If someone has a hook up for a few backstage passes, is it against any Ten club rules to sell them? Finances are pretty tight, so I'm just wondering.
Breathe
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,956
    i sell you a kidney and my left nut for it

kidding of course
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    i sell you a kidney and my left nut for it

kidding of course

i sell you his kidney and his left nut for it.

not kidding...of course
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    hey, if they don't care about you selling memorial friends and family only t-shirts.................why not?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-RARE-Chic ... 286.c0.m14
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    I wish i knew the process on getting backstage passes. i wood give almost anything to get them.
  • Options
    We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

wayne.jpg
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :lol::lol::lol:

I've got a better idea and it's free!

If you are going to Austin City Limits - just look for the interpreter in charge and become friends with her.

She is obsessed with EV and has friends inside C3 who would give her the inside information on where Eddie is.

I know all this because of Lolla 07 where she fucked me over by not providing me access she was supposed to because she was too busy stalking EV and not doing her job as an advocate - working on access issues with me.

Oh man...I went through hell that weekend and ended up having no access to her for the PJ show - they fucking had the balls to tell me in the face: "Well you should have camped overnight to see us"

WTF?

Before that was said, I offered an alternative solution - moving to where I was standing back in the crowd and Barbie's reaction was like asking a PJ fan in the front row to move 30 rows back.... no fucking way, right?

Then she said: "But I can't see the band from here!"

I filed Department of Justice and got two lawyers.... still didn't remove her agency from providing services for C3, but rather improve some access issues, that's it. Even filed against the interpreter agency that licenses its interpreters in the state of Texas... nada.

That's why I don't want to go to Austin City Limits... I do not want to see that interpreter - especially for PJ. She will definitely be there for PJ - no way in hell will she allow other interpreters to take over. :P

She is not there to really provide services, but to promote herself that's all. She wants to party with the bands. :mrgreen:

If you don't believe me, read this for yourself:

http://wrigleyvillecornking.wordpress.c ... lapalooza/

:P

So... she can do whatever she wants to do, no matter what I've said. Nobody listened to me, nor did they give a fuck. :P

She has full access including backstages now with C3, so if you become friends with her.... she just might do you a favor, who knows. :D

Just give her information about EV and she'll eat you up. :roll:
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Wow, that was one helluva thread jack. Sorry that this happened to you but I'm not sure this really relates to getting backstage passes. Yikes! :shock:
  • Options
    Get a job at the venue. Volunteer at the venue. Act like you are an upper level manager. Wear a suit and walk right back like you are needed their. Backstage passes are not that great. Sometimes you never meet the band and you have to stay out of the way.
    TDR
  • Options
    Wow, that was one helluva thread jack. Sorry that this happened to you but I'm not sure this really relates to getting backstage passes. Yikes! :shock:

lol sorry about that... but one could probably get in by becoming friends with her. :P

She got away with everything and wasn't even a bit concerned when I gave her a bird after the show was over...and her night just got better by hanging out with EV after the show. Unbelievable.

Maybe that's another thing - become an interpreter yourself and you can get backstage with EV, discussing "deep concepts" as she puts it on her myspace page. :mrgreen:

check it out: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =372247625

look through her pictures and you'll find a pic of her and EV.

Just saying.

Or like the poster said above, become a volunteer.

Honestly.... it's not worth all the trouble because you are there to enjoy the show, not going through so much trouble just to have 3 minutes with EV. But of course that's just my opinion.

Sorry about hijacking this thread....it wasn't really related, you are right. I used it as an excuse to vent.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    IamMine wrote:

lol sorry about that... but one could probably get in by becoming friends with her. :P

She got away with everything and wasn't even a bit concerned when I gave her a bird after the show was over...and her night just got better by hanging out with EV after the show. Unbelievable.

Maybe that's another thing - become an interpreter yourself and you can get backstage with EV, discussing "deep concepts" as she puts it on her myspace page. :mrgreen:

Just saying.

Honestly.... it's not worth all the trouble because you are there to enjoy the show, not going through so much trouble just to have 3 minutes with EV. But of course that's just my opinion.

Sorry about hijacking this thread....it wasn't really related, you are right. I used it as an excuse to vent.

:lol:
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    edited September 2009
    WTF?

P.S. From what I hear Pearl Jam dont let in strangers backstage unless you know someone that truly knows the band. You cannot buy a backstage pass for Pearl Jam.
    Post edited by SolarWorld on
  • Options
    i shit and i stinki shit and i stink Posts: 1,122
    edited September 2009
    IamMine wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

I've got a better idea and it's free!

If you are going to Austin City Limits - just look for the interpreter in charge and become friends with her.

She is obsessed with EV and has friends inside C3 who would give her the inside information on where Eddie is.

I know all this because of Lolla 07 where she fucked me over by not providing me access she was supposed to because she was too busy stalking EV and not doing her job as an advocate - working on access issues with me.

Oh man...I went through hell that weekend and ended up having no access to her for the PJ show - they fucking had the balls to tell me in the face: "Well you should have camped overnight to see us"

WTF?

Before that was said, I offered an alternative solution - moving to where I was standing back in the crowd and Barbie's reaction was like asking a PJ fan in the front row to move 30 rows back.... no fucking way, right?

Then she said: "But I can't see the band from here!"

I filed Department of Justice and got two lawyers.... still didn't remove her agency from providing services for C3, but rather improve some access issues, that's it. Even filed against the interpreter agency that licenses its interpreters in the state of Texas... nada.

That's why I don't want to go to Austin City Limits... I do not want to see that interpreter - especially for PJ. She will definitely be there for PJ - no way in hell will she allow other interpreters to take over. :P

She is not there to really provide services, but to promote herself that's all. She wants to party with the bands. :mrgreen:

If you don't believe me, read this for yourself:

http://wrigleyvillecornking.wordpress.c ... lapalooza/

:P

So... she can do whatever she wants to do, no matter what I've said. Nobody listened to me, nor did they give a fuck. :P

She has full access including backstages now with C3, so if you become friends with her.... she just might do you a favor, who knows. :D

Just give her information about EV and she'll eat you up. :roll:

EDIT: I just realised what kind of interpreter she is!

She sounds pretty rock n roll to me, that girl's got attitude... sorry she fuc**d you over though.
    Post edited by i shit and i stink on
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Get a job at the venue. Volunteer at the venue. Act like you are an upper level manager. Wear a suit and walk right back like you are needed their. Backstage passes are not that great. Sometimes you never meet the band and you have to stay out of the way.

This is a good idea, but it didn't work for me in Raleigh in 98. Got hauled out by security, it was awesome
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    EDIT: I just realised what kind of interpreter she is!

mmm-hmm... too bad, eh.
    She sounds pretty rock n roll to me, that girl's got attitude... sorry she fuc**d you over though.

she has the right attitude in some ways - as far as how to terp musically...that I will give her, but she is doing it for the wrong reasons, though. I also asked if she worked for an agency and asked C3 ahead of time as well... I got "independent contract" and C3 wouldn't tell me, not even their names before and after the shows, had to dig up on my own getting their last names.

Then what do I see? Her telling media what agency and even another article saying "don't miss barbie at *insert shows*"

I just wish I didn't have to go through so much hell. And she didn't get punished at all. I just don't get it.

Some people you know...
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    she is doing it for the wrong reasons Some people you know...

Unfortunately, some people have selfish motives for getting into these types of jobs. That's a real friggin' shame! It would be nice if people were actually motivated by real care and concern for their fellow man/woman. Karma baby--sometimes it can be a bitch, so take solace in that fact that some day, Karma will come a knockin' on her door. :)

Indeed--SOME PEOPLE!!! I hope you have more positive experiences in the future!!! :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    she has the right attitude in some ways - as far as how to terp musically...that I will give her, but she is doing it for the wrong reasons, though. I also asked if she worked for an agency and asked C3 ahead of time as well... I got "independent contract" and C3 wouldn't tell me, not even their names before and after the shows, had to dig up on my own getting their last names.

Then what do I see? Her telling media what agency and even another article saying "don't miss barbie at *insert shows*"

I just wish I didn't have to go through so much hell. And she didn't get punished at all. I just don't get it.

Some people you know...

Well then, she certainly is rock and roll if she is abusing her position to just see bands, that is what a lot of people in the industry are all about. I know nothing about signing, though, so I can't comment. On that point, who pays them and provides the service? Is it the organisers who just do it at some places and not others, or do people who hearing difficulties have to request an interpreter? I've never seen one at a show in England before.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    If someone has a hook up for a few backstage passes, is it against any Ten club rules to sell them? Finances are pretty tight, so I'm just wondering.
    are they all access VIP passes provided by curtis management/PJ?
    if so, you probably dont want to sell them-and you might not be able to

but if they are just ordinary backstage passes provided by the venue/promoter-go ahead
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    ive had all access backstage passes for two pj shows and one ed solo show... really not that cool. met matt and mike and only saw the others...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:

Just saying.

Mel if she's that obsessed with Ed, she shouldn't be working PJ shows. She sounds like a very scary person and a rude one at that if she left you without an interpreter - the very reason she was there to begin with. Bitch. :lol:

And back to the issue, back stage passes are nothing, there is no guarantee you'll see anyone. I've had them before and was able to see the band (The Who) but there was no contact, I actually felt weird being there.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me vent here... I appreciate you hearing me out!

Being Enlightened - thanks. :D Yes, I believe Karma will be knocking on her door someday.

Well then, she certainly is rock and roll if she is abusing her position to just see bands, that is what a lot of people in the industry are all about. I know nothing about signing, though, so I can't comment. On that point, who pays them and provides the service? Is it the organisers who just do it at some places and not others, or do people who hearing difficulties have to request an interpreter? I've never seen one at a show in England before.

lol yeah... I grew up with interpreters so...I know how difficult it is to go after them because people are not aware of what kind of qualifications or what they are supposed to. It's quite frustrating to see bad interpreters - which is a lot - in positions they shouldn't have been in the first place.

Usually, it's people like me who request them but lately terp agencies are operating like any businesses - competing with other agencies and getting a contract with an organization/venue.

In the case of C3, according to barbie - she became friends with someone inside C3 and that's how she got to work not only at ACL, but also at Lolla and others. She claims the community requested her but I asked around and so far nobody said they did - many weren't too fond of her either for the same reasons I had. :P

England does not have ADA law like we do here....so that's why you don't see one. I'd be fucked if I wanted to go and see a PJ show in another country because it wouldn't work out at all.

Pureandeasy - no kidding. :P But there's nothing 10c or the band can do about her because it's C3 who hired her. If enough people complained about her, they might re-consider. But very unlikely because I know the community knows how the process takes and they do not want to bother with it. After all, it's just one time they have to deal with her and it's over with. They are tired of it, you know.

Guess what, pure? we are in the middle of interpreter war here in MI.... the system is so fucked up and the system had to be suspended and now looking into a new system.... of all systems in every state (there are different kinds of tests they have to take before they are licensed).... we will be leasing a test from TEXAS.

What are the odds? :lol: I couldn't believe my eyes when I learned of this news at the conference last week and of course I was thinking of Barbie and her cronies! :P

Anyway thanks everyone for allowing me to vent and share a little.... I know it's not what everyone can relate with but it really hurt me and made me very angry and I couldn't stop thinking about what they did to me for a very long time.

If more people are aware of how interpreters operate, then perhaps other people would step up and file complaints if they saw wrongdoings - the community would most certainly appreciate the support if they agreed with you. It is NOT easy being in the community and being around those interpreters all the time...so you feel sticky and stuck, you know.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    shouldnt they be called " Backspacer " passes ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    shouldnt they be called " Backspacer " passes ?

:lol: I love it!!! :mrgreen:

It does seem like from a lot of people's experiences, with a exception of few, it isn't really worth it.

I did enter backstage briefly right before PJ took stage but only because I needed to go to the bathroom and the security guy didn't want me to go out of the crowd to the "regular" bathrooms.... so anyway I went back there and there were many many many people back there. So I would have to agree with others that it is not worth the trouble, really. Just standing around and pretending to be friends with somebody in the crowd!
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    I could care less about being backstage for a show. The only thing that is appealing about it would be the free food and drinks.

Why would a deaf person who needed an interpreter even go to a concert? I just don't get it.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I could care less about being backstage for a show. The only thing that is appealing about it would be the free food and drinks.

Why would a deaf person who needed an interpreter even go to a concert? I just don't get it.

Watch this then, if you are British you'll have heard of Evelyn Glennie, if not it might open you mind a little ;)

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/evel ... isten.html
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Watch this then, if you are British you'll have heard of Evelyn Glennie, if not it might open you mind a little ;)

holy shit, you have heard of her?? I love her! :D

Too bad I missed her in NY a few years ago... I learned too late.

Ha... I get that alll the time like his comment.... hahaha.... oh well.

Thanks. :D
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Thanks. I'll watch it later to help understand.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

Ten Club can only rule over something Ten Club is selling, as you are agreeing to terms when you buy them.

If someone is giving you their "backstage" passes, I don't think the Ten Club would have any repercussion since you aren't breaking any TC rules... but the band or promoter's production people would be probably very very pissed off if they find out, and would probably cut you off from ever having access again.

PJ gives somewhat very limited passes, or at least the shows I've worked. At the PJ shows I've been backstage for they've also had very tight backstage, and in "lockdown" where no one other than the band and working personnel are around. They may be more lax in other towns though... but anyone buying a pass should be prepared to not meet the band.

I assume you would have access to a "working" or "guest" satin sticky pass, and not a tour laminate. The stickies are usually the most prominent "backstage" pass as they are cheap to produce, and usable for one day and usually have a show-code or date on them in sharpie. They are usually worn by venue staff, stagehands, promoters, promoter's backstage security, etc. VIP laminates are for people they want to schmooze, but usually have less access than satin sticky passes. Those are usually given to record execs, and typically would have a room to keep them entertained, but away from the band in many cases. Then there's the tour-laminates for the band, band's management and production people, and support act and support act's production people.

If you're selling a VIP laminate or a Sticky, not a good idea but it would be hard to find it out, unless the guy you sell it do doesn't know how to behave. If you're selling a tour laminate... then you don't have access to them to begin with. In '08 they also used wristbands in place of sticky passes, but I'm guessing they will return to stickies for this full tour.

If what you are really trying to sell is access to the band... I would suggest allowing them privacy. If it's a pass for a guest hospitality room which is often for random people at a record label (I guess for Target people), then you're more selling that hospitality, and that would be harder to track but probably less of an issue.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

I've been to several shows with Mel (I am Mine) and she rocks just like the rest of us. She can feel the vibrations, she knows the songs and the interpreter helps her out. She's great to hang with and she has just as much fun as the rest of us.

Only wish she was coming to Philly :(
  • Options
    people wanting backstage passes - i don't really get it. dudes, no matter how much you want to, you're probably not going to get to give Boom a hummer.