Great PJ Wedding Song!

Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I know this topic comes up from time to time so just wanted to add that I think that the untitled from Oklahoma City 03 would be great for a wedding. Great song and great version...especially the end.

Got a car, I got some gas
Oh lets get outta here...Get outta here fast
Everyone's confused...I don't blame em from my room
I wanna go but I don't want. to go. alooooone.

I hope you get this message. You're not hoooome.
I could be there in 11 minutes or soooooo
We don't have to pack no things..we'll make it up as go alooong
I wanna go but I dont want. to go. aloooooooone.

I found love... I l found love with youuu
Ive fallen in love...in love with youuuuuu

And with you...with you x 3
with youu i could never be aloooooone.
With you. I could never. be aloooooone.
2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    edited September 2009
    While I disagree that this would be a great wedding song, I did post in the Outside Lands review how much I really miss the Untitled intro into MFC ... I always thought it was brilliantly done.
    Post edited by jimed14 on
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • if only you can cut out the crowd...then i would agree...the crowd just wont fit in a wedding setting
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    To clarify, I think this would be good for the reception...not the actual wedding ceremony.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    DS114969 wrote:
    To clarify, I think this would be good for the reception...not the actual wedding ceremony.

so a first dance or a reception intro song ... I got that, just think it's a bit forced if you went that route.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • if you can switch the meaning of "lies" from fibbing to laying down, you could use better man...but i still wouldn't recommend it
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    DS114969 wrote:

if you're marrying a car then the song is perfect! ;):lol:

just kidding... do what you want...it's your funer...wedding :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:

Not saying I would do it ;) but I think its better than Long Road and some of the other suggestions that usually get tossed around in these threads.
    DS114969 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:

Not saying I would do it ;) but I think its better than Long Road and some of the other suggestions that usually get tossed around in these threads.

it's way better than better man for a first dance ;)

mfc is a fast song...good way to give the reception a kick in the ass :D
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Just Breathe is soon to become the staple pearl jam wedding song...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Not sure about a first dance song... but Golden State has become a fav for my wife and I. Also I have quoted Hail, Hail in two best man speeches...
  • How about Thin Air?
    I know that I was born and I know that Ill die.
    The in between is mine. I am mine.
    Gmoney wrote:

Have you heard it?
  • How about Thin Air?

I'm hoping to sell my fiance on Thin Air as our "first dance" song. I plan on subtly playing it on the ipod tomorrow on the way out of town and then mentioning how great a song I think it would be . . .

He's shot down everything else so far, so here's hoping :D
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    DS114969 wrote:
    Gmoney wrote:

Have you heard it?
    ive heard enough of it to know...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • It's a nice song. I really lke it. But it is too depressing for me to imagine it being played at a wedding. I like to here funk at weddings. I put it on a mixed tape for a girl when I was in high school.
    TDR
  • I wanted Thin Air for my wedding song, my wife won out with her choice, And I love her, by The Beatles.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    DS114969 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:

I don't think anyone should try to force a PJ song into their wedding dance. The two don't go together well.
  • We are getting married on New Years Eve this year..we are closing our wedding out @ 1am with the Lollapalooza 2007 version of Rockin In the Free World
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Lauri wrote:

I don't think anyone should try to force a PJ song into their wedding dance. The two don't go together well.
    No they do not. But Yellow Ledbetter is always great to close out the reception (I've been to 5 weddings that closed out the reception with Ledbetter, including mine). I wanted to use Betterman as a first dance just for the sheer comedic value but people take first dances way too seriously.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Harvest Moon with Sleater-Kinney from a show back in 2005, Ottawa or Toronto I think.....
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    Songburst wrote:
    Lauri wrote:

No they do not. But Yellow Ledbetter is always great to close out the reception (I've been to 5 weddings that closed out the reception with Ledbetter, including mine). I wanted to use Betterman as a first dance just for the sheer comedic value but people take first dances way too seriously.

Yeah and I don't know why, like the majority of wedding "traditions," they're pretty cheesy. I've been to a couple weddings where they didn't do one at all, and I could totally sympathize with those people. One of my friends has talked about how her wedding dance was the most embarrassing four minutes of her life!
  • Iam getting married NYE and we still havent decided on our weddng song...Breth is up there as is the eddie version of Nick Caves ship song...also, U2 all I want is you, Foo Fighters Everlong, DMB crush.....time is running out,lol..maybe I should start a poll on here
  • Iam getting married NYE and we still havent decided on our weddng song...Breth is up there as is the eddie version of Nick Caves ship song...also, U2 all I want is you, Foo Fighters Everlong, DMB crush.....time is running out,lol..maybe I should start a poll on here

Al Green - Let's Stay Together
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Betterman is mine and my girlfriend's "song" (we just kind of ignore some of the lyrical meaning anymore ;) )

Parachutes would be a great wedding song!
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Say, how much do you think it will cost to bring Ed all the way to the East Coast for 2 night's to play some tunes & have some fun at a fan's wedding?

Just curious!
    demetrios wrote:
    Say, how much do you think it will cost to bring Ed all the way to the East Coast for 2 night's to play some tunes & have some fun at a fan's wedding?

Just curious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    norm wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Just curious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

D'oh! Back to square one. :|
  • "Just Breathe" will be my wedding song.
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • my fiance and i like pj's version of love reign or me. not good for dancing...eh...probably go with unchained melody for that.
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    Parachutes or Lowlight I think make a good wedding song. I'm getting married in 2011 and if I was choosing a PJ song for our first dance I'd go with one of them I think but we're going with Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" :D

Love the idea of using Ledbetter as the closing song of the night
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/