Options

Wristband for Poster

mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Been hearing rumblings about needing a wristband to get a poster. Can anybody shed some light on this? How does one go about getting a wristband? Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    mcocozza wrote:
    Been hearing rumblings about needing a wristband to get a poster. Can anybody shed some light on this? How does one go about getting a wristband? Thanks!

You go up and purchase the poster and they give you a wristband instead of the poster and you return after the show to claim your poster. Seems to be working really good.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
    WOW, what a great idea.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    So does the new system make it easier to get a poster?
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    as easy as turning up and just buying one really. i walked down from my hotel to the merch stand about 4.45pm and just waited in the huddle of fans for it to open, then simply got my wrist band and went back to my hotel to get changed all nice and relaxed knowing i had scored a sweet sweet tampa poster :D
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    as easy as turning up and just buying one really. i walked down from my hotel to the merch stand about 4.45pm and just waited in the huddle of fans for it to open, then simply got my wrist band and went back to my hotel to get changed all nice and relaxed knowing i had scored a sweet sweet tampa poster :D

these stands are outside the entry gates ?

so does every stand get a few hundred bracelets?

im purely asking for thew sake of camden- i already know this is the only show ( well along with the beacon ) that I dont already have a poster for.

any help is much appreciated,
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    MattyJoe wrote:
    So does the new system make it easier to get a poster?

no it doesnt, its just more convenient so that you dont have to carry it while you are at the concert... but stilll have to make sure fight your way in for a poster though, WPB and Tampa was a breeze for me but then again for WPB I was there for opening of the doors and TPA had the stand outside and I was there at 5pm as soon as they opened it.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    WPB went okay, it was a little messy at the end of the night with everyone jamming in line to get their poster. It was a site to see with people crammed at the merch booth and people walking out through the crowd holding posters over their heads trying not to bend them. I waited and got mine when the line(so called line) diminished.

All in all I would still say that this is the best attempt for posters. I was glad to see that people couldn't get 20 at clip and finally the fans that waited in line could actually get one.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    yoke wrote:
    WPB went okay, it was a little messy at the end of the night with everyone jamming in line to get their poster. It was a site to see with people crammed at the merch booth and people walking out through the crowd holding posters over their heads trying not to bend them. I waited and got mine when the line(so called line) diminished.

All in all I would still say that this is the best attempt for posters. I was glad to see that people couldn't get 20 at clip and finally the fans that waited in line could actually get one.
    That pretty much sums it up. The only extra thing they could do was maybe a set up a proper queue system with separating ropes, but it was fine really.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    How was Tampa?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I do like the wristband concept, but 10Club needs to go one step further and put them in tubes.. That way they are easier to pass out, eliminates the threat of damaging it after you make your way out of the swarm of people at the merch table at the end of the show..

Just my 2 cents..
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Works REALLY well.

Prevents us from having to carry posters around during the show and also helps prevent Ninersfan from buying 20 of them at each show.

well it juts makes iut a little more difficult for him to buy 20.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Works REALLY well.

Prevents us from having to carry posters around during the show and also helps prevent Ninersfan from buying 20 of them at each show.
    WPB was a bitch to pick up the poster- mass confusion!!!!!

Roo was easy and so was columbia
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    My bestfriend is a big DMB fan....she's also a veteran member of 10c (so no bashing please :) ) She recently attended the Concert for Compassion w Dave & the Dali. She purchased a poster and she received a mylar tube of some sort to put her poster in. She said it was great & wished she could've had one for when last saw PJ @ the Gorge for the posters she purchased there. She also has on her "Wishlist" a Seattle proper show. :)
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Bout time there was some evolution to this process. Smooth as silk in Columbia except for people trying to buy other merch while picking up thier posters. Saves the hastle of carrying one around or trying to smuggle in a tube.