Options

ticketmaster

Larry ZisstansLarry Zisstans Posts: 167
edited August 2009 in A Moving Train
Just tried to buy 2 tickets for David Cross @ $35 per ticket from tcktmstr.
"Your total will be $94."
Fuck.
The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
--Bill Hicks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    ridiculous
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I bought four Wilco tix @ $39.50 each. Total purchase price was $202.50. And that was using the free US mail option rather than the print it yourself for an extra 5 bucks (WTF?) or whatever they charge for that "convenience".
  • Options
    I bought Springsteen tickets a while back from Live Nation. Tickets were 95 each, after service fees 118 and change. I bought 3 and almost spent enough for a fourth in service fees.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    read my blog and weap. ;) it was inspired by chats on this pj board.

http://ivys2cents.blogspot.com/2009/08/ ... ckets.html
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Fuck.

I would be bothered more about that if it weren't for the fact that every ticket company charges pretty much the exact same fees. I live in Ottawa, and the main stadium here doens't even use Ticketmaster, yet anytime you see a concert or a hockey game there, the service charges are about the same as what TM would charge.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Fuck.

I would be bothered more about that if it weren't for the fact that every ticket company charges pretty much the exact same fees. I live in Ottawa, and the main stadium here doens't even use Ticketmaster, yet anytime you see a concert or a hockey game there, the service charges are about the same as what TM would charge.
    Hey! Another Ottawa person...

I bought Metric tickets for a show in montreal, and the service charges were.. drumroll... $2.50 a ticket! Plus $1.00 to mail them.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    I think that it's because we see the fees in ticketing, that we get so mad about them.

If all you saw was the final price, then our frustration would be against the band charging too much, not the ticket company.

People don't seem to have a problem buying a pair of shoes for $75 that cost the store $50, but get mad when they buy a $50 ticket with a $10 service charge.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln