Need help identifying a D-list actress

PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So, I'm looking for the name of a D-List actress that appeared in a bunch of sitcoms/movies in the 90s/early 2000s. She typically played the chubby sidekick in most of her roles. She had curly brown hair, a perky attitude, and was a little chubby. That's about all the description I can think of. I can picture her, but for the life of me, can't remember what specific shows or movies she was in.

I know its a wierd request, but I'm hoping someone will be able to help! :lol:
"If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    02sperber_184.jpg

Wendie Jo Sperber ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Right idea...!! very close, but younger.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
    Again... close, but the girl I'm thinking of is a bit younger.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Kathy Najimy??

widget_d3pkedxovfgQxB-sc1e3pz.jpg
    norm wrote:
    Kathy Najimy??

widget_d3pkedxovfgQxB-sc1e3pz.jpg

Along the right path, but the girl I'm thinking of didn't even have roles as big as Kathy Najimy. She had a couple lines tops in any role she was in. Probably a fruitless search, but its driving me crazy... I don't know why.

Thanks for the help though!!
    PJSerf wrote:
    Along the right path, but the girl I'm thinking of didn't even have roles as big as Kathy Najimy. She had a couple lines tops in any role she was in. Probably a fruitless search, but its driving me crazy... I don't know why.

any clue as to what she was in...or can you describe a situation she was in, co stars...
    norm wrote:
    PJSerf wrote:

any clue as to what she was in...or can you describe a situation she was in, co stars...

I am thinking she was in a couple 90s cheesy sitcoms ala Boy Meets World or Step by Step, and even a few Sat. AM shows, like Saved by the Bell, or City High. She normally was the loud, peppy, chubby girl (probably chewing gum)... she had long curly hair, and always had a minor, minor role.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Not sure if this may be the one. Sara Rue is more of a redhead (and has also been a blonde). She was recently on The Big Bang Theory.

sara_rue_2533852.jpg

eastwick5.jpg

MV5BMTYyMzI4MTk2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTc.jpg

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    PJSerf wrote:
    I am thinking she was in a couple 90s cheesy sitcoms ala Boy Meets World or Step by Step, and even a few Sat. AM shows, like Saved by the Bell, or City High. She normally was the loud, peppy, chubby girl (probably chewing gum)... she had long curly hair, and always had a minor, minor role.

yeah never watched those shows except the bell...but even then i'd watch it hungover on saturday mornings so besides kelly and jessie i don't remember much else ;):D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    only actresses i know are on my double D list
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    is it this girl? my wife loves all of those dancing shows & i remember watching one episode of this thinking that this girl was an actress. her name is Marissa Jaret Winokur.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Maris ... =en&tab=wi

i hate it when something random like this bothers me. hope this is the girl so you can sleep better! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    is it this girl? my wife loves all of those dancing shows & i remember watching one episode of this thinking that this girl was an actress. her name is Marissa Jaret Winokur.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Maris ... =en&tab=wi

i hate it when something random like this bothers me. hope this is the girl so you can sleep better! :)

This is the closest one to the girl I'm thinking of yet, but still seems too old. Thanks though. If I ever figure it out, I'll be sure to let you all know. :D
  • This is the first one I thought of but she looked a bit different when she was actually on MSCL.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0608624/
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    dunkman wrote:
    only actresses i know are on my double D list
    haha, nice work, sir.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Sarah Gilbert from Rosanne?
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004960/
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Did we get to the bottom of this yet?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    Unfortunately we did not get to the bottom of this. The actress I'm thinking of didn't have a major role, like Sara Gilbert in Roseanne or Topenga. Maybe D-list is being too generous. I should have said F-list. Anyhow, I'm going to try and let this one go before I go insane....

Thanks again to everyone for trying to help!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    PJSerf wrote:
    Unfortunately we did not get to the bottom of this. The actress I'm thinking of didn't have a major role, like Sara Gilbert in Roseanne or Topenga. Maybe D-list is being too generous. I should have said F-list. Anyhow, I'm going to try and let this one go before I go insane....

I looked at this thread out of a fleeting interest...now its buggin the hell out of me :shock:
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    PJSerf wrote:

I looked at this thread out of a fleeting interest...now its buggin the hell out of me :shock:

same here. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Irish Al wrote:
    PJSerf wrote:

How do you think I feel? Its been bugging the hell of out of myself and a co-worker for the last 2 weeks!! :lol:
    if you only knew which show she was on..... :!:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    OK, think hard. was this like a late 80s "Family Ties" type show? Or was it more like a naff kids focused show? :D

Hehe, i just checked "ALF" on imdb. This is wrecking my head, but it's providing plenty of great memories along the way!

Is it that girl from the early episodes of Sabrina?? The "best friend"...She's probably a bit too high profile of a guess....
    It definitely was later than Family Ties and Alf. I'd say it was more mid-90s to late 90s.

Sorry for driving everyone else crazy!
    PJSerf wrote:
    It definitely was later than Family Ties and Alf. I'd say it was more mid-90s to late 90s.

Sorry for driving everyone else crazy!

what was the premise of the show? do you remember who else was on it? or even descriptions of the other characters?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • This girl was on Roseanne a few times as Danielle Harris sister. Though in this pic she looks more like Chris Farley's sister!

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2002_Per ... el_001.jpg
    So I was watching an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm last night (Season 1), and sure enough, the actress I was thinking of was in it!!!!! I couldn't identify her in the credits, and IMDB doesn't have her listed for the show, but it was definitely the girl I was thinking of.

She is the character that cuts Larry off while he's trying to get in the elevator for his dr. appt, and she gets taken first by the doctor.

Now, just have to identify her.
    hinx wrote:

Turns out it was this chick!
    PJSerf wrote:
    hinx wrote:

Turns out it was this chick!

glad that's solved!

don't ever put us through this again!! :twisted: :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen: