Options

Scalpers today @ Warner Theatre

PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I was fortunate enough to get 10C tix to both DC shows, but I have some friends who either got shut out or aren't members but want to go, so I decided to go wait in line this morning at the Warner Theatre box office, just to see what I could get vs. Ticketmaster.

I spoke with a lady in the box office earlier in the week, and she heavily implied that being there in person early in the line would result in very very good seats. So with nothing to lose, I decided I would go check it out, and rolled over there at 6 AM to jump in line.

When I got there, there was already a line of about 10-12 people, and they were all VERY shady scalper types. You can spot a scalper a mile away, and these were the guys, all sleeping or sitting in camping chairs in front of the Warner box office. I didn't see anyone that resembled a PJ fan in line at all.

So I bailed. I figured the place is so small, and the tickets are so limited that being already 10 back in line would be enough to keep me from getting tix with the online sales going on at the same time. I also figured that each of those guys would have a couple of buddies magically appear at 9:50, and there wouldn't be a damn thing I could do about it.

Those scalper guys don't waste their time. They've got this shit down to a science, so I'm sure there were good tickets to be had there...did anyone show up and buy tickets in person today? I would be interested in what developed after 6:30 or so...
Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
">here</a>.
or
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i was thinking of doing the same thing, but work out in tysons, so it would have been a waste...i wouldnt have gotten to warner until 9 or so anyways...

im also curious to see how it went down over there...
    2000 - Houston (x2)
    2003 - Houston, NOLA
    2005 - Toronto, Mexico City (x2)
    2006 - DC, NYC Avalon (Storytellers), E Rutherford (x2), SF (x3)
    2007 - Chicago (Lollapalooza)
    2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden (x2), DC, NYC MSG (x2), EV DC (x2)
    2009 - EV Baltimore (x2)
    2011 - EV SF (x2), Toronto (x2)
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    I told you. Its Ritchie that a$$hole Asian scalper who is in charge of them. Their all crackheads and I because I beat them to the punch years ago they were hogs. They pointed a gun at me.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    jblagg wrote:
    I was fortunate enough to get 10C tix to both DC shows, but I have some friends who either got shut out or aren't members but want to go, so I decided to go wait in line this morning at the Warner Theatre box office, just to see what I could get vs. Ticketmaster.

I spoke with a lady in the box office earlier in the week, and she heavily implied that being there in person early in the line would result in very very good seats. So with nothing to lose, I decided I would go check it out, and rolled over there at 6 AM to jump in line.

When I got there, there was already a line of about 10-12 people, and they were all VERY shady scalper types. You can spot a scalper a mile away, and these were the guys, all sleeping or sitting in camping chairs in front of the Warner box office. I didn't see anyone that resembled a PJ fan in line at all.

So I bailed. I figured the place is so small, and the tickets are so limited that being already 10 back in line would be enough to keep me from getting tix with the online sales going on at the same time. I also figured that each of those guys would have a couple of buddies magically appear at 9:50, and there wouldn't be a damn thing I could do about it.

Those scalper guys don't waste their time. They've got this shit down to a science, so I'm sure there were good tickets to be had there...did anyone show up and buy tickets in person today? I would be interested in what developed after 6:30 or so...

To have had a shot defending Ritchie Rich the Asian scalper you had to have taken off all yesterday afternoon and started lining up at 5 a.m. the day before. Also you would have to had hired a few body guards and some artillery just in case his crackhead druggies call a hit on you.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    hahaha...I might have done that if I thought it might score me front row tix...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    There is no front row on the EV tour, unless its the corner sides. Front row tickets are handed out randomly when you enter the venue by ........ You just got to be luck and in the right place at the right time.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    Super_Fan wrote:
    There is no front row on the EV tour, unless its the corner sides. Front row tickets are handed out randomly when you enter the venue by ........ You just got to be luck and in the right place at the right time.

wuddya mean? are these front row 10c seats or what???
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    front row centers are givin out by rick....ticketing mgr....in the venue before liam finn plays....i got them at LA1 in april....dream come true!!!
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    Rjonesrm20 wrote:
    front row centers are givin out by rick....ticketing mgr....in the venue before liam finn plays....i got them at LA1 in april....dream come true!!!

and its all luck? where does he give them out?
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 328
    poto101 wrote:
    and its all luck? where does he give them out?
    at van 1 a guy approached my wife and i as we were going to our last row balcony seats and asked us if we would like to trade for front row as they were doing a "ticket exchange". We were 12 feet from Ed, that's right, i said 12 feet! It will happen to others as well, for sure!
  • Options
    fxmulderfxmulder Posts: 9
    Haijay wrote:
    at van 1 a guy approached my wife and i as we were going to our last row balcony seats and asked us if we would like to trade for front row as they were doing a "ticket exchange". We were 12 feet from Ed, that's right, i said 12 feet! It will happen to others as well, for sure!

The exact same thing happened to my girlfriend and me at the LA1 show. We were in the farthest back corner of the balcony, and just stoked to be at the show. We were talking about how the seats were not that bad when we were approached...
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    That is so cool! Good for you! What does this Rick look like??

I have a friend who's going to most East coast shows now, I have a feeling, if something like this happens, it would happen to him :)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Wow, front row..Do your seats have to be all the way in the back for that to happen?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    this is great news for me! my seats are the 2nd last row in back right orch and i'm short :(

looks like i'll be at nyc super early!
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    I'm bored here at work on a weekend, so I thought I'd take a tally of all the tickets up for sale on various sites for Saturday's show. These numbers do not include one that have already sold.

322 currently up on Tickets Now.
    ~140 on Ebay between the 2 nights.
    ~360(!!) on Ticket Crown

That's over 820 tickets still for sale, not counting ones that have already sold. I'm really surprised anyone got through and got a pair at cost at all.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unless there's just not many people waiting, most of the time venues around here will do a line lottery. you can line up all you want, but then they come out about a half hour before the tix go on sale and make everybody draw a number out of a hat to determine how you line up...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged