Options

CHICAGO 1 10C SEATING EXPLANATION...

mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,292
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Ok this is not for the "just be greatfull you were there people". Expect an explanation and possible apology for the night 1 disaster form 10c. The fact that people with numbers in the 100### got nose bleed and other members with there backs to the wall at the top of the arena tells you there WERE problems. The 10c has always taken pride in putting our butts in good seats, and if there was a mistake made they will address it. Good to hear tonights tix are more where they should be.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    So anyone have any ideas if/when this could happen and what they could do to resolve this. Say a personal show for the 10c members that got hosed in the 300s ;) ?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I had a 15 year 10c member next to me for night 2...... I joined in January.
  • Options
    loladog1loladog1 Posts: 91
    It turned out to be a mess for some....and GREAT for others. I've been a member since 1991...I was lucky enough to sit section 2 row 9 on Sunday...while my buddy was in the 300's! That same buddy of mine went to pick up his tickets for Monday night....and ended up with Section 1 Row 2! Right in front of McCready...solid seats...the show was unreal, and to see if from row 2 was intense!
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    Rickyrick6 wrote:
    It turned out to be a mess for some....and GREAT for others. I've been a member since 1991...I was lucky enough to sit section 2 row 9 on Sunday...while my buddy was in the 300's! That same buddy of mine went to pick up his tickets for Monday night....and ended up with Section 1 Row 2! Right in front of McCready...solid seats...the show was unreal, and to see if from row 2 was intense!

Simple explanation your buddy got his correct seats by seniority night 1 and won the lottery night 2.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Rickyrick6 wrote:

Simple explanation your buddy got his correct seats by seniority night 1 and won the lottery night 2.

Lottery both nights. Rows 1,2,9,and 10
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    DewieCox wrote:
    Wow!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    DewieCox wrote:

lol, yeah that's pretty odd
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    DewieCox wrote:
    Rickyrick6 wrote:

You won tickets for each of the four lottery rows?
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    I've have been a membe since o6 got 334 row 15. the guy next to me had a membership since 93. Do i really deserve tickets in the 300's with 10c membership? I do better with ticketmaster.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

You won tickets for each of the four lottery rows?

No....just little correction... Looks like 2 buddies both won the lottery.
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    I was talking to a guy next to me who said his friend was a 300 or 400# and he was WAY UP in the nosebleeds. His friend texted him and said "Lee Harvey Oswald was closer then this." :lol: Mine wasn't bad though, 101 row 12 with a 245#
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    i can't wait for this explanation. chicago is just about the most politically corrupt city in the country so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the box office staff fucked with some peoples' seats.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    I was talking to a guy next to me who said his friend was a 300 or 400# and he was WAY UP in the nosebleeds. His friend texted him and said "Lee Harvey Oswald was closer then this." :lol: Mine wasn't bad though, 101 row 12 with a 245#

I was in 103 with 427xxx..... Does that seem about right??
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I'd just be happy to have been there, so stop complaining!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:

so sick of that simple, sheep-like reply.
  • Options
    i can't wait for this explanation. chicago is just about the most politically corrupt city in the country so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the box office staff fucked with some peoples' seats.

I was thinking the same thing. Chicago is the most corrupt city...has been forever. Long before the latest political scandal. Of course something went down there!
    Gorge
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

i was in 308 with a 428xxx
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:

How is this sheep like? I was honest...if I was able to afford to go see my favorite band, even in nosebleeds, I would be happy that's all I am saying. I'm sick of reading all these dumbass threads about people bitching at Tenclub @ their tickets. Tenclub is great! They are trying to help their fans out anyways they can. If you don't like it don't be a member!!
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    silver39 wrote:

How is this sheep like? I was honest...if I was able to afford to go see my favorite band, even in nosebleeds, I would be happy that's all I am saying. I'm sick of reading all these dumbass threads about people bitching at Tenclub @ their tickets. Tenclub is great! They are trying to help their fans out anyways they can. If you don't like it don't be a member!!

ok...thank you.
  • Options
    How is this sheep like? I was honest...if I was able to afford to go see my favorite band, even in nosebleeds, I would be happy that's all I am saying. I'm sick of reading all these dumbass threads about people bitching at Tenclub @ their tickets. Tenclub is great! They are trying to help their fans out anyways they can. If you don't like it don't be a member!![/quote]

ok...thank you.[/quote]

You're welcome :-)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    DewieCox wrote:

did you happen to ask if he ever let his membership lapse? some of the people that complained in the past couple days when question realized their memberships lapsed hence higher #'s...seems very strange a member that long would be in 300
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    I was thinking the same thing. Chicago is the most corrupt city...has been forever. Long before the latest political scandal. Of course something went down there!
    In new jersey we take offense to that. Statewide, nobody can match us.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I would love to see peoples reactions next time Pearl Jam announces a tour and says "We're sick of everyone's shit. There will be no fan club seats. Good luck with Ticketmaster..."

...ohh how the threads would start.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

did you happen to ask if he ever let his membership lapse? some of the people that complained in the past couple days when question realized their memberships lapsed hence higher #'s...seems very strange a member that long would be in 300

I was in 103 and no idea if their membership lapsed. They were in the 1st 5 rows at every show before, they claimed.

The couple were in and out the whole night so it was sorry to feel sorry for them later, but pretty crappy if there was some switcheroos or whatever.
    DewieCox wrote:

i was in 308 with a 428xxx

hmm
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    I would love to see peoples reactions next time Pearl Jam announces a tour and says "We're sick of everyone's shit. There will be no fan club seats. Good luck with Ticketmaster..."

...ohh how the threads would start.

seriously, if I were them, I would have said fuck it a long time ago

it's bullshit, you people should be happy that you were able to get tickets ahead of time, that's the main reason for my renewing every year.

And the fact that you don't pay the tm fees, pays for $20 right there

I've been a member for years, and I've had great seats and I've had pretty bad seats, it all depends on the demand, the venue, EVERYTHING and if you think that what this fan club tries to do again and again is not a MONUMENTAL task you're out of you mind

you had two great shows, take that home with you, not this bs
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    DewieCox wrote:
    norm wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

I was in 103 and no idea if their membership lapsed. They were in the 1st 5 rows at every show before, they claimed.

well that happen to everyone...check out touringfan and you'll see a lot of low numbers were at the show so people had to adjust to where they normally were...i understand being at the show and being shocked but at the time the show went on sale it was the only show in the us...and at the end of august perfect time for people to go to vacation in chicago
  • Options
    Well I found the old link that talks about the news of Chicago show that was added for 8/23. Anyway for anyone interested there is a email address if you want to discuss your issue or possibly get an answer to the ticket fiasco. There is also a 800 number if anyone cares and wants to reply back and find out what heard and fill everyone else in.

http://www.pearljam.com/news/two-more-p ... ates-added