Fantastic Deals On Great Amps

Piper At The GatesPiper At The Gates Posts: 460
edited September 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone in the market for a new amp should check out the Amp Blowout Sale at musictoyz.com. They have Bad Cat, Matchless, Valvetrain, Rivera, etc amps on sale for unbelievable prices. They even have a low watt Marshall Handwired on sale. Check them out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thanks for the heads up! I bought an ac30cc for only 599. Now I can use the extra money to make it sound good! I was really hesitant to buy one considering all of the bad press they have been getting since Korg started pumping these things out of china. However, with some new tubes and a new set of speakers it should be a decent back up to my Orange AD30TC. ANyone have any suggestions for speaker replacements besides the celestion blues or golds? I'd like to also possibly run this as a clean amp next to the orange. Speaking of, what's the best way to run both? Just an ABY? Thanks again.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • Congrats on the new amp!
    Speaking of, what's the best way to run both? Just an ABY?

Either that or a stereo volume pedal. That way you can blend between the amps.
  • thanks for the heads up! I bought an ac30cc for only 599. Now I can use the extra money to make it sound good! I was really hesitant to buy one considering all of the bad press they have been getting since Korg started pumping these things out of china. However, with some new tubes and a new set of speakers it should be a decent back up to my Orange AD30TC. ANyone have any suggestions for speaker replacements besides the celestion blues or golds? I'd like to also possibly run this as a clean amp next to the orange. Speaking of, what's the best way to run both? Just an ABY? Thanks again.
    I am really glad you picked up a good deal. I got a Rivera Venus 3-12 for $699.00 on the first day of the sale. What a great amp and the regular price is $1699.00 on Musicians Friend. It's my new toy, I plug it in every day now for at least an hour of playing. The tone is just great on every setting I try.
    I would go with the ABY box to run 2 amps. There are some good ones out there now.
  • I WIN! So the ac30 showed up finally today, and it was the one loaded with the celestion blues instead of the wharfdales I was expecting. I almost wet myself. What a deal! I was expecting to change the speakers out this weekend, but now I am just left with a tube upgrade. I just don't understand how they are selling this amp for this cheap. MF has the same amp for 1799.
  • I could not believe the deal I got, either. These amps are sweet, and the prices were just fantastic. I am really glad you got a great deal, too. That Vox with the Celestions will sound sooo nice. My Rivera has a Celestion, also.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Celestion Alnico Blues are made by the hands of God and are LOUD AS FUCK. I got a pair of Avatar 1x12 cubes loaded with em. They sound amazing. Nothing else will ever do.
  • ok, so I played my second practice with the VOX and it sounds great. I am shocked at how good it sounds. I have it running along side my orange ad30tc and they really compiment eachother well. The orange is a fairly dark amp, and the vox is clean and chimey (if you choose to set it up that way). Great combo, unbelievable deal. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. (except for the fact that the reverb tank was busted when I received it).
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I WIN! So the ac30 showed up finally today, and it was the one loaded with the celestion blues instead of the wharfdales I was expecting. I almost wet myself. What a deal! I was expecting to change the speakers out this weekend, but now I am just left with a tube upgrade. I just don't understand how they are selling this amp for this cheap. MF has the same amp for 1799.

You got the amp for less than the price of the speakers.