The Fixer/Supersonic 7" - Arrived!

comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Spin, Spin . . . Spin The White Circle!!! Just pulled it out of the mail box and I will begin to spin the white (or bone colored) circle soon! Reports from: Seattle/Tacoma/Washington State/Portland/Chicago/Dallas/Texas/DC/Nashville/Maine/Indianapolis/Massachusetts/
Minneapolis/Virginia/SoCal/Florida/NYC . . .

Supersonic sounds great . . . it has a much heavier sound than the live recording from the UK performance (probably just a poor live recording). The rhythm section is thumpin and it definitely has a nice Ramones feel! It could be a tad heavier and with more distortion, but I subscribe to a scorched earth policy when it comes to distortion ;-)

The cover is glossy and the "Pearl Jam" and "Backspacer" keys in the upper right and left are glow in the dark. You can feel the glow in the dark ink on the keys. The glow in the dark ink is slightly rough and the balance of the cover is smooth to the touch. Both sides of the cover are identical except the front says The Fixer and the back says Supersonic and at the bottom of Supersonic side: (MWR0464 © & p 2009 Monkeywrench, Inc., With respect to the World excluding the United States of America, distributed by Universal Music Group under license from Monkeywrench UK Ltd. WARNING: All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Just pulled it out of the mail box and I will begin to spin the white circle soon!

The cover is glossy and the "Pearl Jam" and "Backspacer" keys in the upper right and left are glow in the dark. You can feel the glow in the dark ink on the keys. The glow in the dark in is rough and the balance of the cover is smooth to the touch.

at bottom of cover -

MWR0464 c & P 2009 Monkeywrench, Inc., With respect to the World excluding the United States of America, distributed by Universal Music Group under license from Monkeywrench UK Ltd. WARNING: All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws.

What state are you in?

I can't wait to get mine! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    NICE. Could you rip it to the internet or no?

I really wanna hear the studio version of supersonic.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • I'm in Washington . . . sorry I don't have the gear to make a digital copy. I'm going to stop at a used record store this afternoon and see if they can do it for me.
  • gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
    Got mine too! Been spinning it all afternoon. I'm in WA. :D
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    gjemsel wrote:

awesome. how does "Supersonic" sound?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    gjemsel wrote:

stand by . . . I need to find a frickn 45 adapter (has the big hole not small)
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    gjemsel wrote:

So unprepared! :lol:
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    gjemsel wrote:

So how does it sound?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Yeah, bitches!! I got mine today in Tacoma, WA!! Spinning it right now!!

Both songs, The Fxer and Supersonic sound AMAZING!!!

I am sure when I gethome tonight drunk,I will be blasting the neighborhood again with these two songs.

Thanks 10C!!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    aNiMaL wrote:

I am sure when I gethome tonight drunk,I will be blasting the neighborhood again with these two songs.

Thanks 10C!!
    I can only imagine! I don't have the vinyl, but I've heard Supersonic and it kicks ass!
    aNiMaL wrote:

Thanks 10C!!
    I can only imagine! I don't have the vinyl, but I've heard Supersonic and it kicks ass!
    LOL, slick edit. ;)

Yeah, Supersonic is kicking my ASS!!!
    edited August 2009
    aNiMaL wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Thanks 10C!!
    LOL, slick edit. ;)

Yeah, Supersonic is kicking my ASS!!!
    I just hope I get to hear it in Chicago! 8-)
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
    Haha, I completely understand. 8-)
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Haha, I completely understand. 8-)
    lol, and thanks for not quoting.. swift. :D
  • touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    I converted to MP3 and have played all night on the iphone
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    gjemsel wrote:

That's what he said.

sorry, I couldn't help it. :D
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited August 2009
    mfc2006 wrote:
    That's what he said. sorry, I couldn't help it. :D

Yeah, poor choice of words on my part . . . well I finally found a frick'n 45 adapter (most of the 45s I have don't require one).

Supersonic sounds great . . . it has a much heavier sound than the live version performed in the UK (probably just a poor live recording). Definitely has a nice Ramones feel!

Ok . . . now for the bitch session (I want to try to fit in around here with all the other whiners). They need to issue all 7” vinyl at 33 rpm, no adapter required, and my record has a wicked warp in it. I have my heaviest Webster’s sitting on this MF right now trying to get it flat. 10C should at minimum sell or provide a frick’n 45 adapter if they insist on drilling a mammoth hole in the center of the damn F’n record.

Just fool’n . . . . much love and peace. Supersonic rocks! It could be a tad heavier with more distortion, but I subscribe to a scorched earth policy when it comes to distortion. The heavier and more distorted the better.
    Post edited by comatose_253 on
  • anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 387
    Mine arrived in Portland. Don't really know why they ship a record with a light weight cardboard sleeve in a padded envelope instead of something firm to protect the sleeve, but the record itself is fine.

Spun it about 5 times now on each side, and it does sound great!
  • Ok . . . now for the bitch session (I want to try to fit in around here with all the other whiners). They need to issue all 7” vinyl at 33 rpm, no adapter required, and my record has a wicked warp in it. I have my heaviest Webster’s sitting on this MF right now trying to get it flat. 10C should at minimum sell or provide a frick’n 45 adapter if they insist on drilling a mammoth hole in the center of the damn F’n record.

Why would you need 7" vinyl to be 33 rpm? That doesn't make any sense. The quality is better at 45 rpm.

As for the "mammoth hole", that is standard for a 45, and nobody has ever provided an adapter with their record. Everyone who has a turntable should already have an adapter.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    Ok . . . now for the bitch session (I want to try to fit in around here with all the other whiners). They need to issue all 7” vinyl at 33 rpm, no adapter required, and my record has a wicked warp in it. I have my heaviest Webster’s sitting on this MF right now trying to get it flat. 10C should at minimum sell or provide a frick’n 45 adapter if they insist on drilling a mammoth hole in the center of the damn F’n record.

Why would you need 7" vinyl to be 33 rpm? That doesn't make any sense. The quality is better at 45 rpm.

As for the "mammoth hole", that is standard for a 45, and nobody has ever provided an adapter with their record. Everyone who has a turntable should already have an adapter.

That's hilarious expecting an adapter!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Ok . . . now for the bitch session (I want to try to fit in around here with all the other whiners). They need to issue all 7” vinyl at 33 rpm, no adapter required, and my record has a wicked warp in it. I have my heaviest Webster’s sitting on this MF right now trying to get it flat. 10C should at minimum sell or provide a frick’n 45 adapter if they insist on drilling a mammoth hole in the center of the damn F’n record.

Good questions . . . Frist, I was just trying my best to bitch like the rest of the crowd (kind of making fun of the whiners). I do have some 7" vinyl with small holes (no adapter required), but you might be right . . . still 45 rpm. I have a Rega P2 and it doesn't come with an adapter (nice turntable for the price). I even have to lift the plater off and adjust the drive belt to a bigger wheel to change from 33 to 45. I would prefer everything staying at 33 rpm ;-)
  • rrivers wrote:
    That's hilarious expecting an adapter!

I was just trying my best to bitch like the rest of the crowd (kind of making fun of all the whiners) ;-)

Although, it would be cool if they sold some pj/10C adapters or even gave you one with your 45!

Good questions . . . Frist, I was just trying my best to bitch like the rest of the crowd. I do have some 7" vinyl with small holes (no adapter required), but you might be right . . . still 45 rpm. I have a Rega P2 and it doesn't come with an adapter (nice turntable for the price). I even have to lift the plater off and adjust the drive belt to a bigger wheel to change from 33 to 45. I would prefer everything staying at 33 rpm ;-)

The size of the vinyl/hole has nothing to do with the speed it's pressed at. It's the amount of music you're trying to fit onto it that determines the speed. Having a 3 minute song at 33rpm wouldn't make any sense because the quality would suffer and only use up half the disc surface.

The size of the hole in the middle doesn't make much sense to me. I don't know why they still make them with the big hole. Most of the holiday singles have big holes but a few do have small holes. I don't really understand why.
  • The size of the vinyl/hole has nothing to do with the speed it's pressed at. It's the amount of music you're trying to fit onto it that determines the speed. Having a 3 minute song at 33rpm wouldn't make any sense because the quality would suffer and only use up half the disc surface.

The size of the hole in the middle doesn't make much sense to me. I don't know why they still make them with the big hole. Most of the holiday singles have big holes but a few do have small holes. I don't really understand why.
    My point exactly, why drill a mammoth hole in the thing when that doesn't matter. I understand your point about the amount of music on the disc.
    Yep, they sound louder and even more ROCKING after having a good Mexican dinner and many margaritas!!!

Woohooo, PEARL JAM!!!

Bring on September!!!
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I am in PHX and hope to get mine tomorrow, I figure we should. I have the adapters (which were HARD to find) but no record player. :cry::cry:

BTW the Love Reign O'er Me holiday single I have has the small hole not the big one.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    My point exactly, why drill a mammoth hole in the thing when that doesn't matter. I understand your point about the amount of music on the disc.

I suspect they drill the giant hole because it gives a more nostalgic feel to it. After all... isn't nostalgia the whole point of putting it out on vinyl?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Well the ones which the large hole are lighter, maybe it was to save on shipping costs.

BTW. I only ordered the Vinyl of backspacer... but sure would love to hear Supersonic right now.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Yep, they sound louder and even more ROCKING after having a good Mexican dinner and many margaritas!!!

Woohooo, PEARL JAM!!!

Bring on September!!!

Hey neighbor (I'm in 253 too) . . . by any chance do you have the gear to convert these tunes to digital so I can get them on my ipod?
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Are they hand numbered? Thought I read somewhere they were going to be?
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>