Options

MSG Poster sale outside venue?

se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Why the hell did they sell the posters outside the venue so anyone walking down the street could get one. U didnt need a ticket to buy one and I didnt see that many fans with posters. I wonder how many people got them just to sell them for a pretty penny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    abyanksabyanks Posts: 59
    yeah wtf

and what time did they open that stand?
  • Options
    ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    That did suck....They should have just sold them inside only. Didn't get one my guess is overpay on ebay or wait for 10C to sell them and pray I get lucky.
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    yeah, it is pretty unfair.

but it is common for MSG to set up shop in that spot for all of their events. you shouldn't be able to buy a poster without showing your ticket.
  • Options
    Panic821Panic821 Posts: 106
    yeah i was wondering about the same thing. wtf indeed. they should've set up two different merch stations with posters on the two sides after the ticket scan, and not right outside where everyone could grab one.
    my signature.
  • Options
    They sold WRISTBANDS outside the building. You had to come back AFTER the show to get the actual poster. I think they did it because there is more space for lineups and stuff. I understand your frustration though...Inside would probably be better but after the 03 tour, I don't trust any of the venders inside the building as far as I can throw them.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    bulabulabulabula Posts: 41
    What time did the posters start going on sale? I'm thinking of going tonight to get one since they were sold out when I got there yesterday. But are you saying that you can't actually get the poster until after the show even if you aren't going to the show?
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    its not like you could " walk down the street",....

it was all the way in the lobby and just off the box office.

no matter what they do , people aways find some way to bitch about something.

this bracelet method is the best thing theyve done- ever- for posters.

get there early , stop drinking in bars and go wait on line, like everyone else.

:rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    any pics of the msg poster?
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    get there early , stop drinking in bars and go wait on line, like everyone else.

AMEN!!!
  • Options
    ADDrienneADDrienne Posts: 1
    I was so disappointed! The poster was the ONLY thing I wanted to purchase! I didn't see anyone with a poster. I will have to see about tonight's show.
  • Options
    What time do they open the 2 outside stands that sell the posters? I got there at 6 last night and they we're all gone. I was 1st to get in the building not realizing they wouldn't sell any inside this year. Someone told me 5 they open but I want to make sure cause I'm going to try to get there around 4:30 if I have a shot at getting one.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    What time do they open the 2 outside stands that sell the posters? I got there at 6 last night and they we're all gone. I was 1st to get in the building not realizing they wouldn't sell any inside this year. Someone told me 5 they open but I want to make sure cause I'm going to try to get there around 4:30 if I have a shot at getting one.

I've heard 5....I'm getting there for 4:30 myself.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/82026

remember the site if you want to see posters.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    ninfan wrote:
    That did suck....They should have just sold them inside only. Didn't get one my guess is overpay on ebay or wait for 10C to sell them and pray I get lucky.

ninersfan??????? That you?????? ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    MSG 1 is only dated for the 24th, so are we to assume there's a new one tonight?
    I'm nervous because the secret is out about it being outside and I have to work so won't be there as soon as they open.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    They sold outside for 2003 also. Got there early for door opening, and when I got to the merch stand, they were gone...Only that poster was GOOD. F-d up.
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    its not like you could " walk down the street",....

it was all the way in the lobby and just off the box office.

no matter what they do , people aways find some way to bitch about something.

this bracelet method is the best thing theyve done- ever- for posters.

Wrong. You could either get a wristband or take the poster right then. Their were people who had obviously just bought the posters and had no idea who pearl jam is trying to sell the posters on the other side of the garden for high prices.

The vendor told us that they sold out of posters 5 min after 5:00. Someone else told us they were there at 5 and didn’t have a shot but their were planty of people buying them and walking off with them right then. But I guess that’s nothing to bitch about....
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,536
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore