Options

Roo vs lolla

se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Will there be more peearl jam fans at Bonnaroo then there were at Lolla?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    I thought there were a lot of fans at lolla...
  • Options
    not saying there werent, asking which will have had more?
  • Options
    se7v7en wrote:
    not saying there werent, asking which will have had more?
    Roo will have me, which is more me than Lolla had...
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    lolla will have more i think.... there'll be a ton of douche bags there though for metallica... the lineup leading up to pj at lolla was kings of leon and my morning jacket.... all have similar fanbases so it was no question to go see pj at lolla even if you were a moderate fan... roo 08 seems more for the hardcores....
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    lolla will have more i think.... there'll be a ton of douche bags there though for metallica... the lineup leading up to pj at lolla was kings of leon and my morning jacket.... all have similar fanbases so it was no question to go see pj at lolla even if you were a moderate fan... roo 08 seems more for the hardcores....

Why is Metallica's fan base still looked at as Hardcore Douche Bags? I'm sure they think of PJ fans as political environment loving pussies, if they even bad mouth us at all. It just gets annoying when the majority of the people that come here think that everyone needs to be attached to PJ to be cool and bad mouth other bands fan bases unless they are somehow linked to PJ (MMJ etc.)
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Why is Metallica's fan base still looked at as Hardcore Douche Bags? I'm sure they think of PJ fans as political environment loving pussies, if they even bad mouth us at all. It just gets annoying when the majority of the people that come here think that everyone needs to be attached to PJ to be cool and bad mouth other bands fan bases unless they are somehow linked to PJ (MMJ etc.)

Yeah kind of strange. I don't like 99% of what bands are 'acceptable' to like on this board. I really don't understand at all why it is so acceptable to bash most bands on this board, however if you think My Morning Jacket is terrible (which I do), you get bashed here.

To me Pearl Jam sounds nothing like some of these bands, but PJ is definately one of the most diverse, song to song bands on the planet. From Lukin to Present Tense, I guess you expect I diverse fan base.

Punk is my fav genre, but Pearl Jam is my fav band.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    About how many PJ fans were at Lolla in comparrison to an avg show?
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    se7v7en wrote:
    About how many PJ fans were at Lolla in comparrison to an avg show?

I don't know but everywhere I turn in Chicago there were PJ fans.
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    I really can't see anyone paying $300 just to see Metallica, they don't have the type of fanbase PJ has, if you've seen one metallica show you've seen them all, although I will watch them at roo though because they rock live.
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:

A lot of douche bags are going for both PJ and Metalllica...there will be four in my group
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    TheGossman wrote:
    I really can't see anyone paying $300 just to see Metallica, they don't have the type of fanbase PJ has, if you've seen one metallica show you've seen them all, although I will watch them at roo though because they rock live.

I agree. I don't even think many PJ fans will go there just for PJ. Last year Tool played on Friday night and I don't think I saw any typical Tool fans.

The only think that might go against what we're saying is Metallica haven't toured in a while I believe, and they don't have other dates listed. I think man PJ fans are sure a tour will be coming soon.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Also, Bonnaroo blows Lolla away. I think Bonnaroo was a thousand times better than Lolla last year, but I guess it depends what you look for in a festival. You can't beat longer set lists, late night acts until 5am, and camping imo.
  • Options
    Definately less at Bonnaroo because it take more commitment (or hassle, depending on who you are).

I'm thinking Metallica might thin out the crowd a bit, which is a good thing. I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

I'm pretty dissappointed with the lineup so far, but its alright. Still hoping for KoL or Black Keys or something.