Options

How Early Will You be for PJ's Set @ Roo?

se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
edited May 2008 in The Porch
What time is everyone planning on showing up for PJ's set at 10:15?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I'll be at the main stage for most of Saturday since that's were the acts I want to see are playing anyway.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    se7v7en wrote:
    What time is everyone planning on showing up for PJ's set at 10:15?

if it's anything like Lollapalooza last year it will be nuts. I got close to the stage when the park opened at 11 that morning, waited there all day in the heat and still ended up far back when the show started. I don't know how it happened but right after MMJ a mad rush of people just came in and took over the inner section. I was still roughly in the 15th row, but I would have rather been one of those people to just walk to the front than to be the one that sat there all day.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to be there from 4 or 5 and work my way up. But Claypool is playing on another stage and that might kill my hopes of being a tid bit closer.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to be there from 4 or 5 and work my way up. But Claypool is playing on another stage and that might kill my hopes of being a tid bit closer.

Les is playing on Friday, the day before Pearl Jam is scheduled.
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    I'll be in line for the pit all day Saturday. Joined Ten Club in 2002, so this will be a rare opportunity to be in front.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I plan to get there at 5:30, in time for B.B. King, and will stay put. I'm not going to be pushing for the pit. A decent spot with a bit of move about room and some fellow Jammers in the vicinity is fine by me. Bonnaroo is one of thirteen PJ shows I'm seeing. Who knows, I may get lucky thru the raffle one out of the remaining twelve shows. If not, at least I'm in the venue.

Can't wait to experience The Roo. Hoping I enjoy the whole of the festival enough to go again, though PJ at Coachella would be my ultimate festival attending experience . I simply love Coachie , nearby Joshua Tree , and the desert in general.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I'll prob. head to the main stage after gogol bordello's set..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    After Iron & Wine, before Jack Johnson. I know it won't get me the best spot, but I couldn't just sit around at the mainstage all day.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    I'll probably watch JJs set and then just stay and wait. No trying to get close for me- I've found a perfect place to watch mainstage shows and intend to be there for PJ.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    I'll probably watch JJs set and then just stay and wait. No trying to get close for me- I've found a perfect place to watch mainstage shows and intend to be there for PJ.

Where is this place you go for the What stage, and why that spot? Is it for the sound, view, or both?
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350
    I'll probably make my way over there right towards the end of My Morning Jacket's set.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    JosephKJosephK Posts: 217
    The What Stage Field is HUGE and has a capacity of over 100,000 people. The entrance to the field is on the back right and a lot of people don't take the (very long) walk to the left side. If you walk to the left of the stage you should have more room to get up front.

Surprisingly, they sound is great there. In 2006 we were in the back just hanging out on a blanket for Tom Petty and Radiohead and it was a lot of fun. The screens help see the action and again, the sound is great.

Enjoy the show.