Vs Reissue?

StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
edited February 2010 in The Porch
So the plan was to release all 8 studio albums over a 2 year period. I figured that'd be one every 3 months. However It's been over 3 months since the Ten re-issue and there is still no word on a Vs reissue. I realise the release of the new album is the priority now and the reissue program must've taken a back seat for now. I just wanted to know if there was any info out there on when we were likely to see a Vs reissue.
Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    none yet. rumor has it that the next reissue will be Vs. Vitalogy combo. also heard they will not be a reissue for ST.

who knows though.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • a lot of albums in recent memory have been reissued in bunches - i think some elvis costello discs have seen this treatment, along with some other bands i can't think of at the moment! but it would be nice for this to be the approach for pearl jam as well - i'd love to be able to pick up vs., vitalogy, and no code reissues at the same time, for example, followed up by yield and binaural, maybe, a few months or a year later.
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    I emailed the 10c and got this reply
    Right now the band is focusing on their new album Backspacer. Sorry we do not have any further information.

Best,
    Ten Club

Looks like we're not going to see anything for a while
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    my credit card could use a break..
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    the wolf wrote:
    none yet. rumor has it that the next reissue will be Vs. Vitalogy combo. also heard they will not be a reissue for ST.

who knows though.

ST?
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    twojawas wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

who knows though.

ST?
    Self-titled = Avocado
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,483
    doompony wrote:
    Definitely! As much as I'm looking forward to the reissues, this summer has pretty much wiped me out financially - PJ and Neil Young both releasing new albums, reissuing old ones and going on tour saw to that!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • I want this vinyl the most, and perhaps No Code.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • VS is already perfect.. I don't see the point. Nothing in the production needs to be tweaked. They were never happy with the production on ten and have always said so. Not to mention that it is their first album and is considered by many to be one of the best rock albums of all time so I was fine with that. VS does not need to be reissued.
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    VS is already perfect.. I don't see the point. Nothing in the production needs to be tweaked. They were never happy with the production on ten and have always said so. Not to mention that it is their first album and is considered by many to be one of the best rock albums of all time so I was fine with that. VS does not need to be reissued.

It's more for the want of the vinyl rather than hearing new production. It doesn't have to be a major £/$100 boxset but it would be nice to have the vinyl.

who knows though.

DAMMIT! I want Avacado on vinyl also.
  • So it's been a few months since Backspacer - anyone know if there has been any movement on this Vs reissue?
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Well, it was said that all the others wouldn't be as epic as Ten, so I'm guessing the rest will be released all at the same time and re-masters only. Alot of other artists have done that (i.e. Ozzy) where they just release all of them together.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • doompony wrote:
    HELL YEAH! 2008 and 2009 were brutal!
  • OGT92 wrote:
    Well, it was said that all the others wouldn't be as epic as Ten, so I'm guessing the rest will be released all at the same time and re-masters only. Alot of other artists have done that (i.e. Ozzy) where they just release all of them together.

U2 did much the same thing when they re-issued their '80s catalog. Boy, War and October were all released on the same day.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    Neil Young is releasing his remasters on vinyl in batches. They sound incredible.

http://neilyoungseries.warnerbrosrecords.com/
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Here's my idea... Four pieces, so it won't kill us financially.
    The 'Ten' re-release was titled 1990-1992... They can bundle 'vs.' with 'Vitalogy' and 'No Code' with added stuff (including the 1993 Indio, CA. show on CD) and call it 1993-1996, as a companion piece of that era.
    As for the rest... bundle 'Yield', 'Binaural' and 'Riot Act' (add some live CDs and maybe a wider feed of 'Single Video Theory' or their Bridge School performances of that period on DVD)... 'Pearl Jam', 'Backspacer' and the next Album which would include the Vic Theater show on CD and the Bonaroo performance on DVD.
    They have vaults of this stuff... live concerts that have been taped, rehearsals, outtakes, demos, photos, videos... and toss in stuff like guitar picks and drumsticks or t-shirts something else to make it great.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    Cosmo wrote:
    Here's my idea... Four pieces, so it won't kill us financially.
    The 'Ten' re-release was titled 1990-1992... They can bundle 'vs.' with 'Vitalogy' and 'No Code' with added stuff (including the 1993 Indio, CA. show on CD) and call it 1993-1996, as a companion piece of that era.
    As for the rest... bundle 'Yield', 'Binaural' and 'Riot Act' (add some live CDs and maybe a wider feed of 'Single Video Theory' or their Bridge School performances of that period on DVD)... 'Pearl Jam', 'Backspacer' and the next Album which would include the Vic Theater show on CD and the Bonaroo performance on DVD.
    They have vaults of this stuff... live concerts that have been taped, rehearsals, outtakes, demos, photos, videos... and toss in stuff like guitar picks and drumsticks or t-shirts something else to make it great.

well self-titled and backspacer will not be included, as this is only for the records recorded under sony. i agree that we could see albums grouped together (at least for a "super deluxe" version) but also sold separately. i'm thinking vs/vitalogy, no code/yield, and binaural/riot act. those will be remastered (and probably brickwalled), but i doubt remixed. plus we'll get rarities thrown in and live stuff, hopefully UNCUT shows this time.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • ive a feeling the vs reissue wont be as exstravegant as as the ten redux, might just be a remaster cd like what U2 have been releasing.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,808
    i just wanna see the other albums go up another platinum level. Vs has been stuck at 7x platinum for like 12 years.
    I miss igotid88
  • I was just wondering about the Vs reissue today....hope we hear something about it early next year. It would be cool to have a Vs/Vitalogy combo.

What I'm actually more interested next year (as far as PJ goes), is that EP that Mike was talking about with the Backspacer 'extras.' Yeaaaaah that would be sweet. A Euro tour supporting Backspacer and a new EP?? Sounds pretty frigin sweet to me :)
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    NewJPage wrote:
    well self-titled and backspacer will not be included, as this is only for the records recorded under sony. i agree that we could see albums grouped together (at least for a "super deluxe" version) but also sold separately. i'm thinking vs/vitalogy, no code/yield, and binaural/riot act. those will be remastered (and probably brickwalled), but i doubt remixed. plus we'll get rarities thrown in and live stuff, hopefully UNCUT shows this time.
    Yeah.. I was just talking about the Super-Duper Deluxe Box Sets. I want re-releases of all vinyl so anyone who wants one... can have one (without having to pay ridiculously scalped prices on EBay for them).
    As for 'Pearl Jam' and 'Backspacer'... maybe tie the Super Deluxe Box Set with a special Limited Edition of the next album... like a little hand written number on a piece of a price tag so people will go nuts over them and buy them out.
    And YES... Full Live shows, please.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • i would like super delux editions of all the albums. i thought the ten one was wicked with some cool in it.
    plus they would look jolly nice as a collection :D
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Yeah maybe as an EDITION they could put some 'Little' Postcard Pictures or Something IN it! from the ERA...:)
  • Hrm. Any newword on the reissues?
  • I was just wondering about the Vs reissue today....hope we hear something about it early next year. It would be cool to have a Vs/Vitalogy combo.

What I'm actually more interested next year (as far as PJ goes), is that EP that Mike was talking about with the Backspacer 'extras.' Yeaaaaah that would be sweet. A Euro tour supporting Backspacer and a new EP?? Sounds pretty frigin sweet to me :)

I hope I'm wrong, but don't they always say they have extra songs after they release an album and they'll put out an E.P.? I know Mike said it, but I think I've heard that before in the past. It seems like they either put them out as b-sides to singles (which they don't seem to do anymore since S/T) or they save them for another record. I don't know, I wouldn't get your hopes up for an E.P. but like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Also I like the groupings of Vs/Vitalogy, No Code/Yield and Binaural/Riot Act
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    StoneAment wrote:
    I emailed the 10c and got this reply
    Right now the band is focusing on their new album Backspacer. Sorry we do not have any further information.

Best,
    Ten Club

Looks like we're not going to see anything for a while

hahhahahahhaah. go 10C!!! :0)
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    doompony wrote:
    +1

:roll:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    the guy in charge of the reissue's was John Ingrassia, Sony Music Legacy, he and his entire crew were laid off about a month after the reissue of ten, there are no current plans to reissue any of the other albums. sorry people.
  • Cosmo wrote:

Wouldn't that be bad ass to have access to that vault?
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com
  • NewJPage wrote:

This sounds most logical.
    Fan of singer songwriters who push musical boundaries?
    You need to hear this new artist!
    Visit www.daveshowmusic.com