LONDON SHOW was a KILLER !!!!!

burnsburns Posts: 109
edited August 2009 in The Porch
The show in London was a KILLER SHOW.
Its more than the setlist.....,
ok, the played BLOOD, RATS, SUPERSONIC..... CRAZY MARY about 8 min. !!!!
The band had so much energie and power, Eddie was rocking like a meniac.
Boom and Mike had a piano and guitar duell.
They had fun, was the best european show this year !!!

•Release
•Animal
•Corduroy
•Why Go
•Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
•Immortality
•The Fixer
•Even Flow
•I Got Id
•Rats
•Got Some
•Whipping
•Light Years
•Insignificance
•Black
•Life Wasted
•Blood(Atomic Dog)
Encore 1
•Supersonic
•Hail Hail
•Footsteps
•Love Reign O'er Me
•Do The Evolution
•Alive
Encore 2
•Better Man(Save it for Later)
•Crazy Mary
•Leaving Here
•Porch
•Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I f**** completely agree.... a great show :)
    -- rafa
  • Absolutely, bounced my ass off in the pitt. such good energy and vibes.
    Hope it's not too long before they return to Europe (after what Ed said).
    "i hope it's a sweet ride here for me tonight cause i feel i'm going feel i'm slowing down"
  • HollybokHollybok Posts: 27
    I totally agree, was the best gig ever! I was in the pit at the beginning after queueing for 6 hours or so before hand and it was worth it to be that close to the band. Maybe it's just me getting older or perhaps where I was at but I found the vibe was not actually that cool and eventually got hauled over the barrier after being battered for an hour by some beefy dudes around me 'getting into it'! Didn't matter though, I got some awesome photos of the band and then got to really enjoy the set from the middle where there was enough room for a dance and bounce.

Actually nearly cried when they played Footsteps, one of my all time favourites. Just wish I had the chance to see them again soon.
    And he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Absolutely, bounced my ass off in the pitt. such good energy and vibes.
    Hope it's not too long before they return to Europe (after what Ed said).

yeah.... they sais about 1 year an a half during Berlin show :S
    -- rafa
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    just makes me so much more pumped for the philly shows :) Pearl Jam are in fine form my friends.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Hollybok wrote:
    Maybe it's just me getting older or perhaps where I was at but I found the vibe was not actually that cool

Don't think it's just you getting old Hollybok, I was about 6 people deep Mike's side and there were a lot of obnoxious and annoying people in that area... eventually I just dragged my missus out and we went and watched from further back like you did. There was a foreign bloke who was being a twat because he said his girlfriend couldn't see, like there weren't hundreds of other women in the crowd who couldn't either! He managed to push in front of us, then for as long as we were there they were either a) getting it on, b) talking to each other or c) facing the wrong way and just gazing around the arena. Just stay where you are and enjoy the music for fuck sake, it's the same for everyone and we should all be there for the same reason, especially in the 10c section.

There, I said it! Apart from that, it was an incredbile night, easily up there with the best gigs I've ever been to... I can't wait for the bootleg.
  • http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2009/08/19/10 ... story.html

After seeing them in Calgary and hearing all these good things about their European shows, I can't wait to see them again - only one month and six more days, not that i'm counting or anything!
  • this was my first pearl jam gig and it's the best gig i have ever seen, they were fucking incredible!
  • It sure was! So glad I decided to travel down from Glasgow. Almost just went to the Manchester show but decided had to do both and enjoyed the London one more.
    They were on top form :)
  • I'm very happy to see them throwing in Love Reign O'er Me and The Real Me already. I will be extremely happy if one or (fingers crossed) both are played 10/31. That setlist does look pretty killer.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Hell yeah it was a killer!!!!! :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Nice Setlist! :)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Hee Hee, all PJ shows are like this :D

Berlin is the best imho.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Brisk. wrote:
    Hee Hee, all PJ shows are like this :D

Berlin is the best imho.

No they're not!!!! O2 was by far my favourite of the shows I've seen. I can't speak for Berlin 'cause I wasn't there, but I think the setlist last night was way better, so there :P :lol:
  • burnsburns Posts: 109
    Berlin was a great show also. The venue was great but London was much more power, more rock,
    more fucking :twisted: roll........
  • kazmokazmo Posts: 99
    JimNastics wrote:
    Hollybok wrote:
    Maybe it's just me getting older or perhaps where I was at but I found the vibe was not actually that cool

Don't think it's just you getting old Hollybok, I was about 6 people deep Mike's side and there were a lot of obnoxious and annoying people in that area... eventually I just dragged my missus out and we went and watched from further back like you did. There was a foreign bloke who was being a twat because he said his girlfriend couldn't see, like there weren't hundreds of other women in the crowd who couldn't either! He managed to push in front of us, then for as long as we were there they were either a) getting it on, b) talking to each other or c) facing the wrong way and just gazing around the arena. Just stay where you are and enjoy the music for fuck sake, it's the same for everyone and we should all be there for the same reason, especially in the 10c section.

There, I said it! Apart from that, it was an incredbile night, easily up there with the best gigs I've ever been to... I can't wait for the bootleg.

I was seated near the stage (block 115 if that helps anyone :lol: ) and there were some right numpties on the floor. There was a group of about 8 guys jumping around/shoving each other/punching each other and pogo-ing off other people whenever they played the rockier stuff. Taking up massive amounts of room doing so and causing complete chaos around them. Absolute mindless morons.