**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759
    shep wrote:
    STOP BEING A L 7 WEENIE

:lol: what is an "L 7 WEENIE"? Have I not been in texas long enough to understand this term???

yeah shep like gish sad it was from sandlot ,, amber i saw you so i posted that cause guess what i watching it now while at work,, =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSYUIfKUruE

:lol: it's been years since I've seen that movie... didn't remember the reference... now I'm going to have to go and watch the movie.... as soon as the Habs are out of the playoffs and I have some free time ;)

If PJ shows don't happen in TX this year, I need to meet some of you guys... let's say we'll meet under the musical bird at ACL in September? 8-) ... all my plans are already made....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    sounds like a plain shep hope your day is going great aye mate

It's not... yesterday was terrible and today's just as bad...

And to top it all off Sound Stage Direct just cancelled my Foo Fighters Medium Rare Order.... 10 days later!!! bullshit.... I'm thinking about checking into any legal grounds I might have to take action against them....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    play the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    LukinFan wrote:
    play the south
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • shep wrote:
    :lol: it's been years since I've seen that movie... didn't remember the reference... now I'm going to have to go and watch the movie.... as soon as the Habs are out of the playoffs and I have some free time ;)

If PJ shows don't happen in TX this year, I need to meet some of you guys... let's say we'll meet under the musical bird at ACL in September? 8-) ... all my plans are already made....

If the rumors are true and radiohead is playing, I'll definitely be there
    :arrow:
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

shep wrote:

And to top it all off Sound Stage Direct just cancelled my Foo Fighters Medium Rare Order.... 10 days later!!! bullshit.... I'm thinking about checking into any legal grounds I might have to take action against them....

bummer bro that suxs there usually good
    PLAY THE SOUTH U.S.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    4661459810_8ef7ec73b0.jpg
    Spread some sunshine! . . . . . PLAY THE SOUTH! 8-)
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

please play some southern shows

• Dallas is pretty 'central' in the united states, east-west-wise... after reading the gossip in the other thread about Alpine Valley not happening, PJ20 in Dallas is a possibility!

look at how long this thread has been going on... much longer that the play alpine valley one!
  • dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    cruzan.jpg

Sound-Advice-Amphitheatre_350x200.jpg

WPB por favor?
    texas 8-)

shep wrote:

bummer bro that suxs there usually good

Light night bump... I have been talking to SSD after my earlier post... they are correcting the situation and are sending me the Medium Rare alongside of helping me out with an upgrade to the white vinyl RSD release of the Pink Floyd LP... so kudo's to them for anyone listening...
    shep wrote:

Hopefully so.... Radiohead is one of 3 (realistic) bands left on my bucket list... I am praying that the rumours are true...

Once again Amber, thanks again for the RSD help... I really appreciate it...

But either way, I need to meet all the Texans helping to keep this thread at the top... Citizen Zack should be the first, as he lives nearby!
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549

would be a huge get for ACL

Any buzz about R.E.M. possibly playing that fest? I know they're not touring for this new record, but maybe for a one-off they'd consider it.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Play the South this year please!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

shep wrote:
    But either way, I need to meet all the Texans helping to keep this thread at the top... Citizen Zack should be the first, as he lives nearby!

Indeed man. Hopefully we'll meet at a show - (and I think you know where I'm going with this) - IN THE SOUTH!

rhinomagic wrote:

would be a huge get for ACL

Any buzz about R.E.M. possibly playing that fest? I know they're not touring for this new record, but maybe for a one-off they'd consider it.

The only rumor that I've seen anywhere about the major acts is Radiohead... and I hope that it's true...

I am also thinking that Soundgarden may fall into the mix somehow, but that's unlikely as it looks like the PJ touring monster may be mobilized in Canada around then (not that the band hasn't hasn't managed to interupt their tour schedule before for the big ca$h payout at ACL ;) ).
    shep wrote:

Indeed man. Hopefully we'll meet at a show - (and I think you know where I'm going with this) - IN THE SOUTH!

:lol: I hope so.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    shep wrote:

The only rumor that I've seen anywhere about the major acts is Radiohead... and I hope that it's true...

I am also thinking that Soundgarden may fall into the mix somehow, but that's unlikely as it looks like the PJ touring monster may be mobilized in Canada around then (not that the band hasn't hasn't managed to interupt their tour schedule before for the big ca$h payout at ACL ;) ).

Yes, PJ has done it before. It was just 2 years ago they were at ACL, right? Too soon for their return (not to mention the PJ20 film, Canada, The Weekend, and possibly South America), but I could imagine Matt getting a 48-72 hour window to fly down and play for Soundgarden.

Radiohead seems like the big fish here. I won't be surprised to see Beastie Boys or R.E.M. on the list, either. One day, I fully intend to make it to Austin for ACL Fest. But I'm still holding out for PJ20 Weekend info. If not for that, maybe I'd do it this year.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Yes, PJ has done it before. It was just 2 years ago they were at ACL, right? Too soon for their return (not to mention the PJ20 film, Canada, The Weekend, and possibly South America), but I could imagine Matt getting a 48-72 hour window to fly down and play for Soundgarden.

Radiohead seems like the big fish here. I won't be surprised to see Beastie Boys or R.E.M. on the list, either. One day, I fully intend to make it to Austin for ACL Fest. But I'm still holding out for PJ20 Weekend info. If not for that, maybe I'd do it this year.

Soundgarden would be sweet, but I'm hopeful for Radiohead. Would love to seem them live. The Beastie Boys were on the original bill for 2009 but had to pullout for the throat cancer thing. And ACL is always a blast - you should definitely try to make it one year, no matter who is playing. The atmostphere is amazing. '09 was epic for me - PJ, Kings of Leon, DMB, The Toadies, Avett Brothers, Daniel Johnston, and so many others. Even if you can only swing a one day pass instead of all 3 days, it's worth doing once.

rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:

I wasn't entertaining PJ going there... I was thinking Soundgarden. For some reason I see it as a possibility for them to play ACL, don't know why, but it just seems to fit.

But your right, Radiohead is the big fish. I don't believe in god, but I'm praying the rumors are true... I really really really want to see radiohead.

I'm only 3 hours from Austin, so ACL is effortless for me... already put in for the Friday and Monday off, and have a sweet hotel booked (at 6th and Guadalupe - not the fanciest hotel, but the best location), and tickets... just need the lineup :lol:
    play the south

• rhinomagic wrote:

Soundgarden would be sweet, but I'm hopeful for Radiohead. Would love to seem them live. The Beastie Boys were on the original bill for 2009 but had to pullout for the throat cancer thing. And ACL is always a blast - you should definitely try to make it one year, no matter who is playing. The atmostphere is amazing. '09 was epic for me - PJ, Kings of Leon, DMB, The Toadies, Avett Brothers, Daniel Johnston, and so many others. Even if you can only swing a one day pass instead of all 3 days, it's worth doing once.

All I went to in 09 was for Pearl Jam, and got there when the dead weather was playing. I'm hoping for Radiohead, and no rain. And for once, not needing a hotel room. At least going to try to go for one day, if not all 3.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    we'll be there (at ACL). we've gone every year since 2007 & it's one of the things that we'll miss most once we move out of TX. it's a great festival.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Screenshot2011-04-27at112401AM.png
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    Screenshot2011-04-27at112401AM.png
    :D