Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    Page one
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    shep wrote:

Palladium in Dallas is small too (maybe 3-4k max). I saw Cornell there solo a few years back and it was awesome. This immediately became my most wanted ticket for the year (unless PJ PLAYS THE SOUTH!!!).

the thing that bugs me about this Houston venue is that I can tell you right now at least 50% of the tickets will not actually go on "public" sale. they will be withheld by live nation for VIP sales and aftermarket sales...

shit should not be legal. :nono:

Thinking not to many of us in Houston so our seats would be good....and we're not exactly a destination city. :D

Back to the top.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Texas
  • Options
    Texas

Big Red......ice cold and in one long swig.

Keep up top post. 8-)
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    da south!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    callen wrote:
    shep wrote:

Palladium in Dallas is small too (maybe 3-4k max). I saw Cornell there solo a few years back and it was awesome. This immediately became my most wanted ticket for the year (unless PJ PLAYS THE SOUTH!!!).

the thing that bugs me about this Houston venue is that I can tell you right now at least 50% of the tickets will not actually go on "public" sale. they will be withheld by live nation for VIP sales and aftermarket sales...

shit should not be legal. :nono:

Thinking not to many of us in Houston so our seats would be good....and we're not exactly a destination city. :D

Back to the top.

Bayou place is mostly a GA venue, unless you're sitting up in the grand tier (which I've never actually done before)...

And I think you're going to be surprised at the ticket demand for this show... city of 7 million + all the illegals here that go uncounted... an 1800-2000 person venue where only 900-1000 tickets will actually go "on sale" is going to sell out pretty fast...

I have a friend I usually go to a lot of shows with.... just me and him... when I was talking to him about this show last night, he tells me he needs 6 tickets + 1 for him...

it's going to sell out... and fast.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Bayou place is mostly a GA venue, unless you're sitting up in the grand tier (which I've never actually done before)...

And I think you're going to be surprised at the ticket demand for this show... city of 7 million + all the illegals here that go uncounted... an 1800-2000 person venue where only 900-1000 tickets will actually go "on sale" is going to sell out pretty fast...

I have a friend I usually go to a lot of shows with.... just me and him... when I was talking to him about this show last night, he tells me he needs 6 tickets + 1 for him...

And, surprise, suprise, Live Nation did not offer a fan club presale today for the show... Trying to get tickets to this is going to be a shitshow on Thursday...

I emailed SG to ask about the situation and why there is no presale for fanclub members for houston.... wonder if I'll get a response...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    415px-Physiographic_regions_of_Arizona.svg.png
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:

And, surprise, suprise, Live Nation did not offer a fan club presale today for the show... Trying to get tickets to this is going to be a shitshow on Thursday...

I emailed SG to ask about the situation and why there is no presale for fanclub members for houston.... wonder if I'll get a response...

That's weak, sucks they did not have a pre-sale for the Texas shows
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    I got 4 tickets to the Dallas show, and I know Better Dan and White Discussion scored some tickets too.
  • Options

That's weak, sucks they did not have a pre-sale for the Texas shows

Apparently just houston... which doesn't surprise me.

There's a lot of money in this town, and after EV selling out 2 nights in a row at Jones hall (which has a 2900 + seat capacity), I'm going to bet that LN/TM are going to put very few tickets out for "public" sale thursday/friday.

I would say 60% of the venue (minimum) will be funneled directly to their secondary sales...
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:

Didn't read previous page..."Sound Garden" at Bayou Place, not PJ at Cynthia Woods. :fp: Thanks for heads up...will be shooting for SG tickets as well. Very intimate place...
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:

Didn't read previous page..."Sound Garden" at Bayou Place, not PJ at Cynthia Woods. :fp: Thanks for heads up...will be shooting for SG tickets as well. Very intimate place...

yup... probably my favorite "corporate" venue in houston too... cheaper drinks (comparitively) than HOB or Toyota, easy access, tiny venue with great sound and sightlines....

I've seen some great shows there... Black Crowes, QOTSA w/Arctic Monkeys, Wilco, Rise Against, Incubus (pre-brandon boyd turning the band ghey).... SG there will be something special.
  • Options
    texas
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Awww man I missed the SG presale. Oh well, just have to fight for my right on Friday.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8-)
  • Options
    arizona_graffiti_t_shirts-r0dc61412264a415aa2055147e04a565a_f0c6u_210.jpg?bg=0xFFFFFF

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Texas
  • Options
    Texas......Cynthia Woods please
  • Options
    Awww man I missed the SG presale. Oh well, just have to fight for my right on Friday.

Us too :(

We will be the ones at the Austin show wearing PJ tshirts ...lol one of the many.
  • Options
    TX
  • Options
    Texas is in a drought. PJ, reign o'er us!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    TX
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    Texas......Cynthia Woods please

ugh... please not cynthia woods... that place is terrible. Sound sucks there because of the fucked up tent design, it's 30 miles away from the city, and in traffic it can take hours to get there... and besides, who wants to go to the fucking woodlands???

I still don't understand why that ampitheater was built out there in the middle of nowhere. bring it back to downtown!

Toyota center is a much better idea ;)
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    TX
  • Options
    Sad fact of the day...In 100 days it will have been 10 years since Pearl Jam played in Arizona :cry:

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    Sad fact of the day...In 100 days it will have been 10 years since Pearl Jam played in Arizona :cry:

Awful
  • Options

Us too :(

We will be the ones at the Austin show wearing PJ tshirts ...lol one of the many.

We'll be doing the same in Dallas!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    shep wrote:
    texas.gif